“I had a great stay at Desert Rose.”

Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
tucson
“I had a great stay at Desert Rose.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you are touring Sedona it is better to stay at Desert Rose. It is a short drive and Cottonwood is very low key and pleasant. It is also close to Jerome. The restaurants of Cottonwood are nicer and cheaper than in Sedona.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank peter w
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Peter W,

It delights us to hear that you recognize what Cottonwood has to offer! Cottonwood now boasts many nice and affordable restaurants as well as many wine tasting rooms! We are honored that you chose us over the many options in the area. Thrilled that you enjoyed Jerome during your stay -- “America’s Most Vertical City” and the “Largest Ghost Town in America!” (ONLY a short 15 minute drive from the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast!) Thank you for a most favorable assessment and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Sebastien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Marana, Arizona
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband I traveled to Desert Rose for our anniversary and stayed 2 nights. The room was wonderfully equipped. The entire staff was warm and welcoming, answering any and all questions we had at any time of night. They were able to give us some tips on nice places to visit and eat. They provided transportation to various vineyards for tours and then into town for dinner and drinks afterwards. They also encouraged a community amongst the guests so everyone felt welcome and entertained. Breakfast was very delicious, filling and healthy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MrsTLC520
Dear MrsTLC520,

Thank you for granting us with privilege of hosting your anniversary celebration! We appreciate you highlighting our attentive service, courtesy chauffeur service, and breakfast. We hope to continually improve in these areas to satisfy all our guests with a goal of 100% satisfaction! It sounds like you had a great time, and we are so happy that you enjoyed the company at Desert Rose; our wonderful guests are what helps make us great, a pleasant place to meet new friends and enjoy a fantastic stay! It is a high compliment that you felt warmly welcomed, and we look forward to treating you as such again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I completely satisfied with my stay and plan to return as often as possible. Sebastian was very hospitable, we chatted and he was available for reasonable requests. The accommodations were excellent, cozy, and warm. The breakfast was healthy and yummy. I have already recommended it to all my friends in Phoenix. I am a very picky person and loved that it was secluded but easy to find. Sebyul was sweet, chatted with me while I ate breakfast and was very accommodating as well. I liked that noone bothered me and I was able to relax and sit and read or watch TV as I chose. I will be coming back!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank BridgetDevone23
Dear Bridget,

Thank you for choosing Desert Rose for your getaway. We were excited that you decided to extend your original stay and stay an extra day with us! Delighted that you enjoyed our company as well as your privacy. Sebyul is our newest part time Innkeeper extraordinaire and yes, she truly is GREAT! We would be most fortunate to meet your friends and family on your next visit, and greatly anticipate your return!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were looking for something last minute in the Sedona area, and this fit the bill nicely for a couple nights stay. Owners were very accommodating of our late night arrival and gave us great advice for things to do in the area. The continental breakfast was waiting for us at the table each morning, loved the fresh fruit!

We stayed in the mid-size room, and would do so again. You have a half-bathroom to yourself, and share a full-size bathroom with one other room. The king-size bed was very comfortable.

The B&B is well located right in the middle of some great attractions like Jerome, Sedona, Montezuma's Castle, and Bell Rock - all within a 15 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tony W
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. It was a pleasure having you stay with us as it was my pleasure to go above and beyond to accommodate your late arrival.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable king bed and our delicious healthy breakfast which does include fresh fruit and fruit juices! The Mid Size room is a good compromise between luxury and value. For the more budget conscious we have the Compact and for the ones looking for luxury, we have our Full Size Deluxe which boasts it's own private bath including a Jacuzzi tub, stand alone shower and double sinks; a true 400 square feet palace!

It's funny you say that everything is within a 15 minutes drive because we like to say that we are 15 minutes from EVERYWHERE!

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Given that its in the name, "bed and breakfast" , one would assume breakfast will be served. This place put some bread on a counter for the quest to toast themselves, a few varieties of dry cereal, and Activia Yogurt (great for the ladies, but my male digestive track is just fine). There was also some orange juice that ran out quickly.

The caretaker/homeowner was never seen after the initial check in. After a day on the town, our group returned to the house to find it empty. There was nobody to even offer a glass of water. We decided to enter the employee only kitchen and found it stocked with fruit, brownies, cookies, and beverages that were never offered. We decided to light the oven and make our own cookies for everyone .

That being said, the house is very clean and has a comfortable layout. In June the pool was still not usable, (probably another sign that the caretaker is not doing the best job). At $165 a night for Arizona in the summer, I would expect more

Room Tip: The suites have private bathrooms and rooms are a good size
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mike B
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time of highlighting a few of our positive points which in your opinion are spacious clean rooms along with a nicely laid out house.

Our breakfast is NOT as you describe it and not sure what your point is about your manly digestive track!!?? It's OK for men to eat yogurt! (Or shall we serve Budweiser and sausage for breakfast to all our male guests?)

After your "night on the town" we were unfortunately in bed. Our day starts at 5am tending to our yard, llamas and water features as well as making sure coffee and breakfast is ready for our guests. We can unfortunately not be up 24/7, sitting on the couch waiting for guests to come back in case they want us to hang out with them. Also, at check in, we specifically tell you that if you need anything, to either call us from our house phone or from your cell phone. Had you needed anything, you could have and should have called us as we are available 24/7! Last but not least, at check in, we clearly show you were the purified water machine and glasses are, not sure why you are complaining about us not being there to serve you some water!

It is clear by now that you did not pay attention at check in where we very clearly tell people that we have only one rule and that is NOT to go into our PRIVATE kitchen, choosing to have the audacity to go in there and start baking cookies! Yes, our kitchen (OUR PRIVATE KITCHEN) is stocked with many foods which we eat ourselves and serve to our guests at breakfast. We are not a 24/7 eatery.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I have enjoyed staying at several B&Bs in the past. The Desert Rose offered us a wonderful experience and we plan to return again in the future. We stayed in the largest room w/ our own full bathroom. It was very roomy and private. The quiet setting was a welcome escape from Phoenix.
Our daughter was getting married in Sedona; we chose to stay in Cottonwood to avoid the traffic and crowds in Sedona. The Desert Rose B&B was the perfect place to stay. Sebastian was very helpful when ever we needed him. The grounds are beautiful and we enjoyed sitting near the waterfall to read and relax. Sebastian was very gracious to allow the wedding party to have a photo shoot on his property before we headed to Sedona for the ceremony. Again, the landscaping was perfect for these photos of a very special event and the pictures are gorgeous! Thank you so much Sebastian!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Shih tzu fan H
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this accurate and flattering review!

Even though we are not licensed to do weddings, we have had wedding parties stay with us in the past. There are great wedding venues all over the Verde Valley which include the Blazin'M Ranch and Dead Horse State Park as well as the many Sedona venues. Unfortunately, we cannot host weddings here.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay as our main goal is to have 100% guest satisfaction and we do all that we can to achieve that.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this bed and breakfast. Breakfast was served in a way that gathered everyone who was staying there together at a nicely arranged table and the continental-style breakfast was good. It included several healthy cereals, granola, a little bowl of fruit, some Activia yogurt, and english muffins/multi-grain bread. OJ, Milk, tea and coffee. There were chocolate chip cookies when we arrived and that was a nice touch. But when they were gone, they were not replaced. The standard room was spacious and included a mini fridge and a closet to hang things. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. The shared bathroom was just across the hall and well stocked and clean. The place was very quiet. There were 2 adorable llamas and one young tortoise on property.
We booked through a living social deal which we assumed included a wine tasting, but it only included transportation to and from the wine tasting. I guess we should have asked before accepting the deal- so be cautioned. The winery we went to had very good wine, but poor service.
I enjoyed the grounds of this B & B and it had a small compact fitness center that I didn't have a chance to use. Unfortunately, I was really looking forward to swimming in the pool but it was off limits and it was quite hot, being the end of June in Cottonwood. Betty said the hot tub was working, but we found out later from another couple that the water was only 95 degrees. Also, it is best to call or text Betty one hour before you arrive to ensure she is there to greet you, otherwise you will walk into an empty house. We didn't find this out until we got home because we had no way of checking the email they sent regarding this policy. They had wifi which apparently worked for one of the rooms, but most of us could not connect. I saw Betty twice the entire stay (from Friday to Sunday) and we relied on an employee for breakfast items and wine tasting transportation. She was pleasant. I did not see Sebastian at all and the house was full. I think they are just very laid back individuals and busy with other things.If you are looking for attentive service, this may not be the right fit for you. If you don't mind being left alone most of the time, you should be fine- it just depends on what you are looking for. This was my first B & B and I enjoyed the experience overall, but I think I will try a different B & B if we travel to the area in the future.

Room Tip: I liked the standard room- it was large enough for two people and I didn't mind sharing a bathro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Momof1Flagstaff_AZ
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share all of your positive comments about your stay with us at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. I find it very odd that you are complaining about our lack of service when most if not all other reviewers have commended us on specifically on how high our level of personalized service is!

We are glad you enjoyed the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies which we have as a welcome treat for guests.

A few points that I would like to clarify...

1- It is not our fault that you did not read the Living Social deal thoroughly before purchasing it. (It was an amazing deal where you got the tour of the wineries basically thrown in for free! The deal included transportation and a very knowledgeable guide in Heidi.)
2- In the confirmation which was sent to you in MAY (over a month ago!), it clearly asks that you call us an hour prior to checking in. Again, not our fault that he did not read the clear instruction thoroughly. We can unfortunately not be sitting around from 4 onwards waiting by the front door for guests to check in!
3- The WiFi works just fine, not sure why you could not connect and I really wish you would have told us when you were here as it would have been our pleasure to help you figure it out. Something we have done with other guests in the past!
5- I am sorry that we were not more omnipresent during your stay, but running a 4000 square foot B&B with 1.5 acres of lush grounds requires us to work many hours per day and we can unfortunately not be sitting on the couch chatting to guests all day. This is why we let guests know that we are always onsite and to call us on our cell phone if something is needed.
6- I am also sorry that I was not personally there to tend to all your needs. You were in VERY good hands with Heidi and Betty, so I am not sure why you needed me! We all have our roles at the B&B and I unfortunately cannot do everything! We all need some time off sometime, don't we!?

It seems as though you enjoyed your stay as a whole and I am happy to hear that. Thanks again for sharing your experience at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, we hope to host you again soon.