“Nice weekend in Cottonwood”

Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The home was comfortable and the continental breakfast was served complete with china a very nice presentation. We would stay here again. We came to go wine tasting. Old Town Cottonwood was very close. Convenient location for exploring Jerome, Sedona and the Verde Valley. Frank and Roberta E

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roberta E
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us, we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Thanks for commenting on our central location as we are basically 15 minutes from everywhere you would want to visit in the Verde Valley and within about 10 minutes from all wineries and tasting rooms!

Seb

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'd never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, but if I ever do again, I'll be using the Desert Rose as the standard to judge by.

The staff was courteous and helpful, and the accommodations were top-notch. I was lucky enough to stay in the full-size room, and I felt like I was staying in a 5-star hotel.

If you're planning a trip to Cottonwood, stay in no other place.

Room Tip: Go for the full size, trust me it's worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jacob F
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much and look forward to hosting you again soon. Yes, our Full Size Deluxe room is for sure our best room as it caters to the most discriminating guests (with the custom shower, double sink and Jacuzzi tub), but the fact that we have many different room types enables us to cater to the more budget conscious as well. Again, it was a pleasure having you stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I visited recently. We stayed in the biggest suite on the top floor. It was luxurious, big bath with jacuzzi jets, shower with double heads, all newly remodeled. Sebastian was friendly and helpful. Heidi was very sweet and friendly, going to extra trouble to make us comfortable. We spent two lovely nights, including several hours out by a fire pit (we roasted marshmallows -- so decadent and old-fashioned!), which Sebastian cheerfully lit for us. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms cozy, and the resident B & B cats even greeted us like family. The B & B is ideally located between Sedona and Jerome, less than 30 minutes from each (15 minutes to Sedona.) We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AriTucson1979
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

A small note that I would like to clarify is that our resident cats do NOT enter the bed and breakfast at any time. They are outdoor cats and are very friendly. They do like to great guests as they drive up!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Thank you very much for the warm and friendly stay there. We had a wonderful time! We particularly loved having a driver for the wine tour. Nice touch! The room was large as well as the bathroom which had the double shower heads. Can't wait to see how the grounds look during summer when everything is green. Thanks again. We WILL be back!

2  Thank Ryan E
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your package which included a tour of the wineries which has us drive guests to the wineries, enabling guests to enjoy fully the wine tour experience!

The shower and Jacuzzi tubs found in our Deluxe room are perfect and fit for a Queen and King! We are glad you enjoyed those as well.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, we look forward to hosting you again soon. In the summer months, the grounds are so lush and perfectly groomed!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I arrived a little early and Heidi was there to greet me, with warm chocolate chip cookies, I might add. I was shown to my room, which was the smallest room of the lot, but it was so sweet, and tastefully decorated, the gorgeous bed boasted white linens and the most luxurious mattress, I slept like a baby every night.

I was there during off peak time, and got a really great rate for the room ( which was honoured even tho it was the 3rd of feb and the rate went back up on the 1st), and nobody else was in my wing so I actually got the full use of the shared bath for the 5 nights. I am not entirely sure about the room rate during peak time, but I think it goes up to 99.00 per night, which for a shared room, I find a little steep considering what is available in the area. That would be my only comment about that because the room, and the house is really a charming and perfect retreat regardless of that point. I couldn't find the towels the first night ( they were in the closet duh), so I took a peak into the other rooms to see if I could grab a towel, and those rooms with en suite bath were truly beautiful also.

I am a vegan, so don't eat dairy and every morning heidi cut me a big bowl of extra fruit to make up for my odd eating habits ( no yogurt and I don't eat wheat so no toast etc). The Continental breakfast looked great and adequate for others.

BONUS: big decanter of purified water, fresh fruit bowl throughout the day

The whole house was kept very clean and full of lots of information for travellers. I had a week without my family and it was a great base camp for Jerome, Sedona, Prescott, Flagstaff etc.

When my family joined me, we rented a full house in Oak Creek Village, but Heidi invited my husband and I to bring our 7 year old and feed the lama's anytime. So we did. I might need a lama here in vancouver now.

The Desert Rose was a perfect private retreat for me and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be lovely, but if you have a few extra dollars I would suggest you stay in o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank whitelightchef
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for writing this insightful review. Everyone comments on how our King mattresses found in all rooms are super comfortable, we are glad you slept like a baby!

It was a great pleasure having you stay here with us and hope you come back to stay with us soon. (With husband and child too!)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The setting and grounds are what catches your eye first. Once you are in the hospitality is fantastic. The room are nice and very clean and roomy. They also have wine tours of local vineyards which was great. We will be BACK!

2  Thank mmanelli907
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review which hits every one of our important aspects. We are very spacious, roomy, we try our very best to have the ground look fantastic (you should see the grounds during the summer months!!!), and we go above and beyond to make our guests feel extremely comfortable. I will also pass on your cleanliness compliments onto our housekeeping staff!

Come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved staying at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. It was a beautiful place, very clean, and Sebastien, Ben and Heidi made us feel at home. I loved the 3 Llamas they had as well. Even though it rained all weekend, we still had a wonderful time and would go back for sure. I would recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank Barb V

Thank you for taking the time to write this fabulous review of the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself and that we made you feel at home as that is one of our most important goals. We always try to go above and beyond to please our guests.

We hope you will get a nice sunny weekend next time you come and stay with us.