“Loved it, will be back again!”

Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Cottonwood B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Loved it, will be back again!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I visited recently. We stayed in the biggest suite on the top floor. It was luxurious, big bath with jacuzzi jets, shower with double heads, all newly remodeled. Sebastian was friendly and helpful. Heidi was very sweet and friendly, going to extra trouble to make us comfortable. We spent two lovely nights, including several hours out by a fire pit (we roasted marshmallows -- so decadent and old-fashioned!), which Sebastian cheerfully lit for us. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms cozy, and the resident B & B cats even greeted us like family. The B & B is ideally located between Sedona and Jerome, less than 30 minutes from each (15 minutes to Sedona.) We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AriTucson1979
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

A small note that I would like to clarify is that our resident cats do NOT enter the bed and breakfast at any time. They are outdoor cats and are very friendly. They do like to great guests as they drive up!

Sebastien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Thank you very much for the warm and friendly stay there. We had a wonderful time! We particularly loved having a driver for the wine tour. Nice touch! The room was large as well as the bathroom which had the double shower heads. Can't wait to see how the grounds look during summer when everything is green. Thanks again. We WILL be back!

2 Thank Ryan E
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your package which included a tour of the wineries which has us drive guests to the wineries, enabling guests to enjoy fully the wine tour experience!

The shower and Jacuzzi tubs found in our Deluxe room are perfect and fit for a Queen and King! We are glad you enjoyed those as well.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, we look forward to hosting you again soon. In the summer months, the grounds are so lush and perfectly groomed!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I arrived a little early and Heidi was there to greet me, with warm chocolate chip cookies, I might add. I was shown to my room, which was the smallest room of the lot, but it was so sweet, and tastefully decorated, the gorgeous bed boasted white linens and the most luxurious mattress, I slept like a baby every night.

I was there during off peak time, and got a really great rate for the room ( which was honoured even tho it was the 3rd of feb and the rate went back up on the 1st), and nobody else was in my wing so I actually got the full use of the shared bath for the 5 nights. I am not entirely sure about the room rate during peak time, but I think it goes up to 99.00 per night, which for a shared room, I find a little steep considering what is available in the area. That would be my only comment about that because the room, and the house is really a charming and perfect retreat regardless of that point. I couldn't find the towels the first night ( they were in the closet duh), so I took a peak into the other rooms to see if I could grab a towel, and those rooms with en suite bath were truly beautiful also.

I am a vegan, so don't eat dairy and every morning heidi cut me a big bowl of extra fruit to make up for my odd eating habits ( no yogurt and I don't eat wheat so no toast etc). The Continental breakfast looked great and adequate for others.

BONUS: big decanter of purified water, fresh fruit bowl throughout the day

The whole house was kept very clean and full of lots of information for travellers. I had a week without my family and it was a great base camp for Jerome, Sedona, Prescott, Flagstaff etc.

When my family joined me, we rented a full house in Oak Creek Village, but Heidi invited my husband and I to bring our 7 year old and feed the lama's anytime. So we did. I might need a lama here in vancouver now.

The Desert Rose was a perfect private retreat for me and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be lovely, but if you have a few extra dollars I would suggest you stay in o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank whitelightchef
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you very much for writing this insightful review. Everyone comments on how our King mattresses found in all rooms are super comfortable, we are glad you slept like a baby!

It was a great pleasure having you stay here with us and hope you come back to stay with us soon. (With husband and child too!)

Payson, Arizona
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The setting and grounds are what catches your eye first. Once you are in the hospitality is fantastic. The room are nice and very clean and roomy. They also have wine tours of local vineyards which was great. We will be BACK!

2 Thank mmanelli907
DesertRoseBnB, Owner at Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review which hits every one of our important aspects. We are very spacious, roomy, we try our very best to have the ground look fantastic (you should see the grounds during the summer months!!!), and we go above and beyond to make our guests feel extremely comfortable. I will also pass on your cleanliness compliments onto our housekeeping staff!

Come back and stay with us soon!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved staying at the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. It was a beautiful place, very clean, and Sebastien, Ben and Heidi made us feel at home. I loved the 3 Llamas they had as well. Even though it rained all weekend, we still had a wonderful time and would go back for sure. I would recommend this to anyone.

2 Thank Barb V
Thank you for taking the time to write this fabulous review of the Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself and that we made you feel at home as that is one of our most important goals. We always try to go above and beyond to please our guests.

We hope you will get a nice sunny weekend next time you come and stay with us.

Alberta
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We thought a nice bed and breakfast would be accommodating while we visited the surrounding parks, but didn't find it quite so. The check-in process was easy, we arrived late and a note was left for us to call, so I hope you carry a cell phone if you plan on arriving later. We had heard from Sebastian before our arrival and was surprised to have a female on premises throughout our stay.
The building is a bit dated. The room we were in had cement flooring with an area rug, with a bathroom suite attached, which is comforting then a shared one. The breakfast is not a hot serve, but a continental style. We stayed 2 nights, our room wasn't cleaned nor towels replaced, we were only asked the next day due to another arrival of a guest, but we were checking out! We didn't spend time there during the day, as we were out exploring. The upside, the bed is comfy.
The price you pay for this B&B is disappointing for the out dated style and cold breakfast, if you can find a hotel in Sedona I recommend it, there is more shops and restaurants, we found out that on Sunday everything in cottonwood closes early.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JustATravelGurl
First and foremost, we find that our prices are very competitive in comparison to other B&B's in the Verde Valley and even better when compared to B&B's in Sedona where you will pay 1.5X to 2X what we charge for a comparable room! (And I think that most reviewers here have agreed!)

As for our decor, it is exactly as pictured in our website and what you may call dated we call antique furniture and decor in a modernlike way.

We clearly advertize a continental breakfast and we also clearly include EVERYTHING that is included in our breakfast within the confirmation email that was sent out to you. I am not sure why it needs to be commented on here yet again. The breakfast that we serve is served on fine china with fine silverware, over a table cloth and napkins. It is healthy and plentiful. NOT what you find at any chain motel!

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay, we unfortunately cannot be everything to everyone. Nonetheless, we do hope to see you again here soon.

Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The best thing about this B&B by far is the three pet llamas they have in the field behind the house. The owner let me into the field and let me give them their breakfast which was so cool! They also had a friendly cat with no tail and two dogs (and I think another cat as well that we saw briefly). Our room was nice and comfortable, though another member of our party had a smaller room that had a shared bathroom with another room, which she wasn't so keen on but luckily there was no-one in the other room. Breakfast was nice and the owners were helpful and friendly - they recommended a restaurant that had only recently opened, and we didn't expect much when we saw it from the outside, but I had one of the most amazing meals of my life. It was called Up the Creek Grill, and I highly recommend it. Unfortunately I forgot my bug spray and I got eaten alive by mosquitos - not sure if it was when I was at the B&B or the restaurant as it overlooks the creek so I would take some spray!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Smileycat16
Thank you for having taken the time to write your great review of our place. We will let other guests know that if they eat at "Up The Creek" in the summer months that they should bring their bug spray!

We still have the friendly llamas as well as a few outdoor cats who do NOT enter the B&B. There are no more dogs on the property at this time, yet we are still a dog friendly place for pets and their owners to stay! Well behaved small dogs only of course! :)

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Sebastien
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottonwood
Pines Motel
#2 of 7 in Cottonwood
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
The Arizona Lighthouse B&B
#1 of 4 in Clarkdale

Been to Desert Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!