“Homestyle food and atmosphere”

Concho's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Cottonwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Clarkdale, Arizona
“Homestyle food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Concho's provides homestyle Mexican food in a simple, down to earth atmosphere. It's more like eating at a friend's house. The owner and staff are very friendly, and we received menus, drinks and meals right away. Prices are reasonable, and menu selections include more types of tacos and empanadas than most other Mexican restaurants in the Verde Valley. Portions are generous. Food is true, old fashioned Mexican style instead of Southwestern Spa. Rellenos are crisp and full of cheese. Taco salad was typical ground beef, but generous. Waiter kept the chips and salsa coming. 10 of us had dinner together. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and said they would return. There is a small bar in the back, no room for music or dancing, but perfect for 2-4 people at the tables. Accessibility is ok. Not much handicap parking, but there is a slight ramp leading to the door.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank SkySwan

“Conchs sucks ”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This could be the worst restaurant ever... U got these fat butt owners sitting around watching tv the whole time we were there...the cook was coughing the whole time..I told the owner with his hat on sideways if he could tell his kids to stop running around throwing rice and beans at each other and he replied in Spanish to the kids not me....very unprofessional owners and staff that treat customer like crap...oh the food was bland and full of lettuce too...a good place to get sick.

2 Thank Retep5150
Cornville, Arizona
“Good mexican food”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way to another restaurant that was jam packed and no parking spots when we decided to try somewhere new. Conchos is nice and quiet, friendly staff, and good margaritas.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lovepizza2014
Grayson, Georgia
“Yum yum!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love eating at Concho's, although I haven't been there since they moved, only because I have relocated back east. I always had good food and great service and enjoyed the laid back fiesta atmosphere. They even took my meal back and gave me a new one when I forgot to order my meal with no cheese. Not many places would do that with a smiling face. I offered to just scrape it off, but they insisted on making me more than happy. I'll go there the next time I'm in Cottonwood for sure!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathy M
Rowlett, United States
“What happened?”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We always loved going to Concho's when we visited my mother-in-law in Cottonwood. My mother-in-law's pre- 90th birthday party was celebrated there with 24 relatives on November 8, 2013. We ended up in a room near the kitchen and the staff continually pushed by us. We had raved about the great food, but it was the worst food and service we could imagine. Our families ended up going to Taco Bell after the dinner at Concho's. What a waste!

• Visited November 2013