“Well Worth It!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Cornville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Along an historic highway towards Wine Country you'll step back into how the west once was. There's nothing else like it as you dine in one of the most unique restaurants in Arizona! You'll be impressed with the rustic and authentic cowboy eatery. Enjoy fine steaks & seafood in the lush tree tops & large creek-side setting while watching the wildlife below. Eagles call this home, while the beavers build and the otters frolic. Find herons, wood ducks, turtles and others scouting out where they too find some of the best food in these here parts. Fine dining in a historic, but casual atmosphere. Join us for one of the best culinary experiences around. Freshly prepared and made to order Angus, Dry-Aged & organic grass-fed meats, homemade soups and desserts. Want the best; then come out West and see what all the locals are talking about. Full bar & fine local and international wines.
Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Well Worth It!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

,We had a wonderful experience at Up The Creek Grill.
The restaurant was busy filled with people enjoying themselves.
While we waited for a table we sat at the bar and selected wine and bruschetta which tasted so fresh, excellent. Once we were seated at our table we were greated by our waitress immediately.
Our dinner was delicious. We ordered the prime rib which was cooked to perfection and was very tender. The grilled vegetables were perfect, not over cooked.
I had the trout and I can honestly say it was the best that I have had in a long time!! The tasty seasonings and delicate meat melted in my mouth. The owners, Greg and Dawn Koss were sencerely interested in our experience checking with us several times during the evening.

We are looking forward to dinner at "Up The Creek Grill" again soon and would recomend it highly!

2 Thank Lawson52
hercules9, Owner at Up The Creek Bistro Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Lawson52,

Keep in mind that our Prime Rib is served on Saturdays only. It is a Harris Ranch Grass-fed hormone free Angus steak. The Trout is our fresh Ruby Red and gaining in popularity. You mentioned the bar, and what a great and fun bar it is and a great place to start your dining experience with our lovely ladies serving you your favorite drinks. Some some it so much, they opt to have dinner there....a new trend I guess these days. Dawn & I as well as our kids are looking forward to serving you again..............Thank you............Greg

Sedona, Arizona
“SKIP OVER "Up The Creek" restaurant”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

PREVIOUS REVIEWS ARE INCORRECT: There are better choices for restaurants in Sedona/Cottonwood. This restaurant is not worth the extra drive from Sedona - 25 miles round-trip on a dangereous, dark & twisting roadway - Page Springs Road. "Up The Creek" provides medicore service with "average/ tourist" food served. Food quality is equal to Denny's. Personal experience: I arrived at 5:30 PM Saturday FEB and waited at the bar for my guest to arrive. 20 minutes later we were seated at our table and enjoying our dinner but then approached by a "local" who demanded we give up our table so he and his girlfriend could enjoy their dinner. Apparently, there are only a scant 10 tables available which are reserved for "locals". We finished our dinners quickly, ordered desert "to go" and moved to the bar so as to"open up" the table. While my guest enjoyed his desert at the bar, the co-owner Dawn, wife to Greg, informed us, in her opinion, we had too much to drink and we each reqired a cab to drive us home. We were both sober. Objecting to her opinion, Dawn then called the Cottonwood police dept as we were leaving the reataurant parking lot to apprehend us. We each drove home sober and arrived safely. One hour later, I received at my home a call from the Cottonwood police dept questioning me about owner Dawn's report to the police about this incident. A dinner planned to be a pleasant experience turns into an absolute nightmare! Spend your money elsewhere! Very unpleasant owners. Leave this restaurant for the locals.

2 Thank Sedonadann
hercules9, Owner at Up The Creek Bistro Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
SedonaDann (aka Dann) has completely misrepresented our restaurant & the incident. For the record, a police report has been filed (case # 13-006257) with the Cottonwood Sheriff's Dept. & the details can be verified with them. Dan & his guest spent a long dinner sitting at a table enjoying their meals. I visited the table several times and each time they acknowledged how good the food & service was! They sat at the table for a long time talking after their meals, the guests had completed his dessert & Dan with a to go container of his dessert. The bar was full with six parties waiting for tables to become available.

A well-to-do Sedona couple at the bar (one was an attorney) asked them if they would mind moving to the bar since they were done long ago with their dinner & dessert. They were occupying the table for a long time after their meals...just talking. Recall from Dann's review above, that he stated he arrived @ 5:30 pm., and sat 20 minutes later..that would be approximately 5:50 pm. Dann & guest did not leave their table until approximately 8:30 pm, which is approximately 2.5 hours after they were sat. When they were "Asked" if they would mind moving to the bar (not demanded), they gladly did so.

My wife was later told by 2 staff members that they didn't think Dann was capable of operating a vehicle safely. As the two gentlemen prepared to leave, my wife offered to call a cab for Dann & his guest. SedonaDann instantly became belligerent in front of many customers and staff. I recognized that something was not right and came to my wife's aid. Dann was exiting the restaurant where I witnessed him insulting my wife and calling her a number of names at least a half a dozen times. Dawn & I expressed, that it was our duty to care for the well-being of not only them, but the public as well. All we did was to kindly & professionally offer to call Dann a cab, but he was outraged and aggressively unreasonable. His friend remained calm and tried to quiet Dann to no avail. Dann was out of control and repeatedly spoke of how he was going to crush us on Trip Advisor. Dawn is an experience RN. She professionally and calmly tried to pacify Dann, but he only became more enraged. As he began to leave, Dann suddenly returned and aggressively approached us. After more insults and threats, Dann (a local himself of Sedona BTW), threw his to-go container of dessert at Dawn, hitting her from top to bottom. She was covered in whipped cream and chocolate. It was at that time, Dawn then decided to call the police. Our efforts, as stated before, were only out of the protection and concern for the public & Dann & his guest Vince. Dann was completely unreasonable & his reactions were aggressive, threatening and profane. Dann's outrageous, ridiculous and rude behavior only support our concern for his state of mind. SedonaDann, approximately 30 minutes later called the restaurant and threatened Dawn again. We called the police again & they suggested that we make a report and have SedonaDann arrested for assault . We agreed that he is not welcome at our restaurant and a No Trespass Order has been issued against SedonaDann so he legally cannot trespass at our restaurant again, out of concern for our patrons. We are thankful that no one was hurt on the road that night. 50+ satisfied reviewers cannot be wrong and are basing their reviews on Truth and their sober experience. SedonaDann is using Trip Advisor to take cowardly revenge and falsify the order, time sequence and actual facts of the otherwise perfect evening.

We serve all customers, locals as well as tourists alike. It doesn't matter if you're a local, a tourist or a cowboy or whatever, we serve all our customers with the best food and service we can. Our service and food and is some of the finest around and made fresh from scratch.

It should also be noted that, SedonaDann's friend was very kind and came back into the restaurant where I got him a cup of coffee. He was very cooperative and behaved like a normal and peaceful gentleman. I enjoyed Vince. He did not leave with SedonaDann remained in the restaurant for some time after and departed on good terms, but repeatedly apologized for his friend, SedonaDann. He also stated a few times how much they enjoyed their meal & the service. So I leave it to you, the public to decide who is telling the truth and to evaluate the motives. Truth always prevails!

PS. We have just received a Threatening and Blackmail letter from SedonaDann to compensate him and remove our response to his review. If TripAdvisor allows intoxicated people to write falsified reviews, then the owners have a right to at least respond with the truth and the facts......Greg
London, United Kingdom
“Well worth the a visit”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My partner & I came here on a recommendation with our 10 year old son whilst in the US visiting family. We had spent the day at Slide Rock and were heading back to our hotel in Oak Creek completely exhausted - we thought we'd have a look and come back later. The owners are staff were all so incredibly friendly and welcoming that we thouhgt we would just stay and eat then. We sat at a lovely table overlooking the creek - watching the fish swim around while drinking a well made mojito was the perfect remedy for a long day. For starters we had some bruschetta and cowboy caviar (a recipe that we have unashamedly stolen as our own!) and for main we had fish taco, buttermilk chicken and rosemary/garlic fries - all of which were delicious. They clearly take great pride in their business - the service and staff knowledge were outstanding, as was the quality of the food and the beautiful surroundings. It was well worth taking a trip off the beaten track to find this place.

• Visited June 2012
hercules9, Owner at Up The Creek Bistro Wine Bar, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Fish Sticks,

I think you've hit one of the main characteristics of what we do; take pride in our food and service. We can't survive without you and we only desire to serve the best food with friendly prompt service. This restaurant is a very personal endeavor for my family & me. I am pleased to see that you have noticed. Hope you'll keep us in mind should you ever return from the UK. Thank you.......Greg
Cornville AZ
“Fabulous Upgrade”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The new rendition of Up the Creek outside of Cornville AZ is a welcome addition to the neighborhood. We went there for the first time since its "rebirth" having heard that they were had changed from a rather dreary menu.

The decor is much the same but the first thing we noticed was wait staff with smiles on their faces and a willingness to go the extra mile.

The menu was full of attractive meals. Prices are moderate, about what I'd expect for the quality of food we got which was really good.

They had a great selection of wines which added to the meal.

We ate pork ribs and salmon respectively between my wife and I . Both were excellent. The Cowboy Caviar that I ordered as a side (black beans and a mix of vegetables) really complimented the ribs.

We finished off with dessert which had a variety of choices and a visit from the owner. This was much more than a fly by, "did you like the meal" approach. She obviously wanted our meal to be complete. Taste, service and a complete background of the development of the restaurant were discussed.

I'd wholeheartedly give this place a five star rating. It's funky, with fireplaces, beautiful view of Oak Creek flowing by, great service, excellent food and concerned ownership. We live locally so we will be back again soon.

Rod,

Thank you for trying us out. My family and I feel we have a lot to offer, not only in the unique setting, but also in fine food dining experiences and quality friendly service. We just are introducing a seafood special, which is the fresh dill & mustard sauce on a baked salmon. If that was the salmon you had, great, if not, please try it next time as it is becoming a big hit. We look forward to seeing you again.........my best..........Greg
Queen Creek, AZ
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I don't know where to start, so lets just start at the beginning. When we walked in we were greeted by the owners, which was a nice surprise. They were such a nice and caring couple and from that moment I knew that they really passionate about this place. We had the smokey clam chowder as an appetizer and it was probably the best clam chowder I have ever had. There were nice big chunks of clams, potatoes, celery and bacon. We then had the Ribs with garlic and herb fries. When they came out I was shocked to see the portion size. It was gigantic. The ribs were fall off the bone delicious with a nice smokey and somewhat spicy taste. The garlic fries had nice chunks of garlic. The only down side was that the food was so amazing and the portion size was so much that we didn't have room for dessert. We will definitely be back and next time I cant wait to try the rest of the menu.

Chris,

I wonder if our ribs are too big? Everything is a work in progress to bring fine food & dining to a great community and area. Thank you for joining us and taking the time to review. We look forward to your next visit.........Greg

Been to Up The Creek Bistro Wine Bar? Share your experiences!