Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best horse riding in Sedona

The rare experience that combines value with quality. It was an awesome 2 hours of riding. The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
77benjaminw
via mobile
Healthy, Happy and Safe Horses for Riders of All Levels

My first time riding a Rocky Mountain breed. She was super sure footed and very much a... read more

Reviewed April 21, 2021
NANCY H
Bend, Oregon
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cornville
from $99.00
from $99.00
from $199.00
from $215.00
More Info
All reviews horseback riding great ride hour ride an experienced rider great guide amazing experience these folks red rocks riders horses terrain trail cowboy ranch safety steep sedona
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2018

First off, I want to say that "Kodi" my guide/wranglers was FANTASTIC !!
I booked a solo trip to the Sedona area for my "50th" birthday!
I booked a 2 hour private ride with Kodi and so gald that I did. She was absolutely terrific.
She was beyond knowledgable about horses, horsebackriding etc. I haden't rode a horse in years and I must say I was a litle anxious and scared to take this ride along this particular trail, but Kodi reassured that she was there to guide and help me all the way !!
And that she did ....... after about 15 mins I was relaxed and totally enjoying every twist and turn on the trail.
With a little prodding from Kodi, she recommeded that we ride up to the bluff on the mountain across from the ranch. The climb was steep ,but exciting !!
My horse was so sweet and beautiful.. After we reached the bluff, my heart sank....
The views were spectacular and breathtaking !!

I thanked Kodi for pushing me out of my comfort zone and taking on the challenge
of this ride...Thank god I did !

This bluff is a VERY VERY special place +

I would absolutley recommend Horsin Around Adventures to anyone and everyone.
A must must- book a private ride with Kodi , you will NOT regret it :-)

Thank you "Kodi" for being part of so many beautiful memories that I have of my "50th" b-day +

~ Gods Speed ~
Carol Forrest- NY

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Blueyes6807
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a very scenic ride. Steep inclines and declines that can be very rocky. Our group had all experienced riders. Teens need to wear helmets. Adults do not, but can if they prefer. They use a platform to mount the horses. They say beginners can go on this ride, but I would advise against it. The horses do not follow tail to nose. There often is a bit of space between riders. Some of the horses require more experience in redirecting. My horse wanted to go off roading several times. I had to work to redirect. Overall, horses were well behaved. Only a couple exceptions. The max number they take on rides is fifteen. We had 11 in our party. Two staff rode with us, one in front and one behind. They were great. Half way through they offered us water bottles. They also offered to take several pictures. Willing to rearrange the horses to get specific horses with riders in the picture. It was an hour and a half ride. Very nice!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

My wife and I went for an evening ride on 6/23/18. My wife is an experienced rider while I've only ridden once....about 30 years ago. The woman that checked us in was very friendly and clearly knew what she was talking about concerning horseback riding. Our wranglers, Alejandro (Che-Che) and Harold, were very knowledgeable, patient, safety minded and informative. The horses were great and well matched to the riders. The ride was fun and the wranglers were very attentive, engaging and interesting, they were just great!!! They created such a positive experience that after we left, I told my wife that we should ride more often. Great job and thank you all for such a good memory!

1  Thank O663RXthomasm
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We picked the right outfit! Everyone was very professional and very friendly. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the area and gave us lots of good information. The trails, the horses and the views were well worth the experience we had. We would highly recommend Horsin' Around to anyone and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 13, 2018

We came to Sedona for a week to celebrate our 30th anniversary and I wanted very much to horseback ride while there. My husband looked at a few riding places and called out to the owner of Horsin' Around before we left. She was the most friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Since my husband was not as comfortable riding as I, she took the time to answer all his questions and put all my husband's concerns to rest. They also accommodate all sizes of adults, not just a low weight minimum as with most we found.
The week before we left we booked for our first day a 2 hour private morning tour and was soooo glad we did. Our guide was Lakota - I cannot say enough about him!!! He was awesome, from his knowledge of the area, to his knowledge of horses and overall kindness and personable attention to us. As I said, my husband was more concerned about falling than anything else. Lakota took the time to ease my husband's concerns, as well as brush me up on my riding skills since it had been awhile. He took the time to teach him how to handle his horse in a reasonable, layman's terms manner, all the while allowing us to have an incredible first day of our trip. The trails are a lot of fun and the views incredible. It was a very special way to start our trip and for me to ride again. I would highly recommend booking a ride with Horsin' Around. They will also provide water bottles and bring along on the ride. Depending on the time of year, morning rides are really nice. We will definitely ride with them again if we ever have the chance to visit Sedona in the future. Only negative - It wasn't long enough! I will want a 3 hr ride next time :)
Thanks so much Lakota and Horsin' Around for making our trip memorable!

1  Thank beachlovers100