Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best horse riding in Sedona

The rare experience that combines value with quality. It was an awesome 2 hours of riding. The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
77benjaminw
via mobile
Healthy, Happy and Safe Horses for Riders of All Levels

My first time riding a Rocky Mountain breed. She was super sure footed and very much a... read more

Reviewed April 21, 2021
NANCY H
Bend, Oregon
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cornville
from $99.00
from $99.00
from $199.00
from $215.00
More Info
All reviews horseback riding great ride hour ride an experienced rider great guide amazing experience these folks red rocks riders horses terrain trail cowboy ranch safety steep sedona
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2018

My wife and I make a point to arrange a horseback riding trip whenever we travel to Arizona. We have ridden in and around Scottsdale a few times, but this was our first ride in Sedona. We signed up for a 2 hour trail ride. The facility is at the end of an approximately mile long rock, dirt road. I was driving a rental car and was somewhat concerned about damage from rocks and the pitted ‘road’ surface. Our guide was very amiable and obviously very experienced. There is no conventional bathroom at the office (there is an outhouse which was not particularly inviting), The vistas along the trail were spectacular and our guide was very forthcoming regarding taking photos of us. The trails, however were particularly rocky and steep and not necessarily for beginners.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank lucy021482
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We went on a 90 minute horseback ride. I have been in many rides, and this is one of the best. The horses are well cared for, well behaved, and the scenery was great. It is also a lovely drive from Sedona.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed March 22, 2018

We thought this was a fun outing, but had a few disappointments in it. First, the route wasn't varied, which they can't really control, so it got a bit old after awhile. But more importantly, we found the guide to be a bit offensive. He was nice and trying to be funny, but some of the remarks bordered on racism and maybe we are just too sensitive but this day, it's just not funny.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank rasl123
Reviewed February 27, 2018

From the moment we arrived, we knew this was going to be an adventure to remember.
My husband and I had not ridden in ... decades! One of us was quite nervous! ;). Luis was fun and funny, informative, and had our trust from the beginning. He and Rodney could do their own stand-up routine, but also were just reassuring enough. What a great way to see this beautiful part of the country. Recommend highly!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Firstly a massive thank you to Kari who was fantastic at answering all my emails in advance, I had lots of questions!

Visiting from the UK so needed to research from afar by email who was best to ride with.

We are both beginners. I have ridden only a handful of times before but I am reasonably comfortable around horses, but still a novice. My boyfriend was a very nervous rider (he was, he now believes he is a ‘natural horseman’ thanks to the lovely calm Dexter, who sure footedly looked after him)

One of our main concerns was the fact that my boyfriend is 6ft5 tall. Some ranches I enquired with had limits on their horses so couldn’t accommodate him. Kari straight away explained they had a draft horse that would be perfect for him, big enough yet calm enough for a complete beginner.

The team were great, keeping the tone light and humorous while calmly explaining how to ride and what to expect.

As it was a private tour our guide Rodney (I hope I’ve remembered that correctly....?!) introduced us to our horses and looked after us so well. He immediately put us at ease and we could see he was extremely experienced in his trade. He taught us what we needed and kept making sure we felt comfortable and safe throughout the ride.

The terrain was great, quite a lot of uphill and downhill but Dexter and Prince were fantastic with their footwork so we felt completely comfortable with them. It wasn’t just a quick flat walk around the ranch, it was winding pathways up and down the hills around the area. Rodney told us about the history of the area, the nature around us and answered any questions.

I can’t recommend this company enough. I can only give a review of the private tour rather than a group tour, but I would happily say that for the extra money for private you get an excellent experience. The private tour collected us from our hotel, which was good as I think I may have missed the lane that takes you to the ranch if I was driving!

All staff we spoke to were very friendly and competent and the horses looked happy and healthy.

Prince and Dexter were really well chosen for us, they knew what to do and where to go but didn’t just wander along like robots, we did have control of them at all times and they followed instructions.

Basically the short review is we had a fantastic time and my boyfriend is now not a nervous rider, he even wants to take Dexter home with us!

Big thank you, we will be back if we manage Visit Arizona again.

Date of experience: February 2018