“Surprising in many ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harry's Hideaway

Harry's Hideaway
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Cornville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving American comfort food, Harry's Hideaway is located in the heart of Sedona wine country. Full bar service includes Arizona wines, local brews and premium spirits. Daily specials compliment our menu favorites which include crab cakes, hamburgers, pizza, pasta, steaks, ribs, shrimp dishes, salads, vegetarian including vegan dishes, all ending with our own in house made desserts! Try Carrot Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Tart Tatin (French Apple Pie), Bread Pudding and Sundaes made with our own in-house made ice cream. We use to own a Bistro in Chicago for 16 years that sat 200 people. We moved to Arizona and downsized. Now we seat less than 50 and are have a lot of fun again. we're off the beaten Sedona path, but are located in the heart of wine country. After tasting your way through the wineries, stop in for a bite!
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Surprising in many ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have no idea what I expected when I walked in to Harry's Hideaway, but what I saw was NOT it. It is very small, unassuming, and the hostess expected us to have a reservation. (Granted it was Saturday night - but was also slow season, in Cornville!) They were able to accommodate us - outside but thankfully there were coolers blowing on the patio. I was dubious to this point, but the young lady that seated us was so bubbly and obviously happy to be there, that it assuaged my initial doubts. Then came the food - wow. Everything here is made from scratch, baked goods included. We were brought housemade herbed rolls, and a lovely stuffed Peppadew appetizer. We also had a roasted garlic and goat cheese appetizer that was the only disappointment, and then only to the extent that I did not like the presentation. The garlic had been minced before roasting, and some of the pieces had been burned in the process. However, those that remained under the cheese were delicious. After basic salads came our mains - I had the Smoked Duck Pizza, and my partner had the Pasta of the Day. Both were beyond good - they were GREAT! We followed that with housemade ice cream - peanut butter and chocolate - YUM! And a slice of house made Tart Tartin with caramel sauce. Which was fantastic! I must include the fact that the menu is quite varied, and offers a vareity of options including many Vegan entrees. The wine list is quite good for an establishment of their size as well - heavy on AZ wines. Overall I give this an excellent rating - not only due to the food, but also due to the staff. I will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014

Camp Verde
“Small, hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Have not stopped here a couple of times. Always good quality. It is very small, but they also do take-out! Duck pizza, wonderful, salads, same. Baked good, OMG, bread pudding is excellent. Oh, and the staff is friendly and knows about their food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jocdgr8
Sedona, Arizona
“Whatever Harry cooks - eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Harry's is so tiny that we passed by on the Cornville Rd. many times before being alerted to it by our neighbors. Harry is a restauranteur from Chicago who downsized from a 200 sized place there to a Cornville restaurant that at MOST will seat 20. Half on the covered patio. Despite the tight fit indoors, you will not see Harry, though you may glimpse him. Harry COOKS, period. His wife and kids serve, and do it cheerfully and knowledgeably. Harry is a chef whose ideas in the kitchen are always worthwhile. I have learned over a few years that if Harry has a daily specialty, try that. It will always be good AND will teach me something about the ingredients that I'd never known before. (Think Iron Chef on a small scale.) His version of a pate plate was such a learning experience for me. He also offers good and inventive dishes on his regular menu, along with some good wines. For desserts, my guests have loved his chocolate mousse in dark and white marbled chocolate tulip cups. I can't make it past his apple cobbler. His is a stop for any out of town visitors we entertain, to disabuse them of the idea that great food is only available in large cities.

Visited April 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“It's a hideaway...it's secret...AMAZING food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a hidden gem of a restaurant!....every time we travel to Jerome, Cottonwood, or Sedona, Harry's Hideaway is on the list to visit! We are constantly recommending Harry's Hideaway to friends and acquaintances. This quaint restaurant will blow you away with the delicious fresh food! Do yourself a favor and make this your new off the beaten path restaurant!! :)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MichelleandBob2013
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Second Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

It has been one year since we last visited this restaurant. All we can say is that this restaurant has actually gotten better. I ordered the Cornville salad and my wife ordered the Chocolate Salad and we split a Duck Pizza. Everything was excellent, the food fresh and tasted great. The service was prompt and knowledgable. As in last years review we still highly recommend the restaurant, its worth the drive.

• Visited June 2014