“A Local Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harry's Hideaway

Harry's Hideaway
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Cornville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving American comfort food, Harry's Hideaway is located in the heart of Sedona wine country. Full bar service includes Arizona wines, local brews and premium spirits. Daily specials compliment our menu favorites which include crab cakes, hamburgers, pizza, pasta, steaks, ribs, shrimp dishes, salads, vegetarian including vegan dishes, all ending with our own in house made desserts! Try Carrot Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Tart Tatin (French Apple Pie), Bread Pudding and Sundaes made with our own in-house made ice cream. We use to own a Bistro in Chicago for 16 years that sat 200 people. We moved to Arizona and downsized. Now we seat less than 50 and are have a lot of fun again. we're off the beaten Sedona path, but are located in the heart of wine country. After tasting your way through the wineries, stop in for a bite!
Sedona, Arizona
“A Local Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

When you travel somewhere new you always like to know what places the locals favor. You prefer staying away from the standard cookie cutter tourist traps, and like to venture out into the unknown for new experiences. Well, for the Sedona area, Harry's Hideaway is one of those places. Gourmet food in an ecclectic setting with excellent service at extremely reasonable prices.

This time I had the Organic Garden Salad with honey mustard dressing on the side and the Fish and Chips. Perhaps not as gourmet as most of the other items on Harry's menu but the salad was very fresh and tasty. The fish and chips were excellent. I'll definitely order both again on another visit.

As others have advised, reservations are a must. There's seating for approximately 20 inside and out back is an enclosed patio with seating for another 20 or so. The patio is opened up when the weather warms.

They're closed on Sunday and Monday.

• Visited March 2013

Sedona, Arizona
“At Home at Harry's!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

What do you feel like eating? Whether you want comfort food (as defined differently for each of us!) or a culinary adventure...Harry's Hideaway has something for you. Chef Harry Olson, takes comfort food and puts an elegant spin on it...my new favorite comfort food? It's Harry's Lobster Mac'n Cheese. Yes, folks- you can improve on good solid homemade cheesy, creamy mac'n cheese...who knew?!
Last night my husband (Himself) and daughters all wanted fish'n chips...their idea of comfort food... and they weren't disappointed! Crisp tender filets fried just right and light with Harry's own shoestring fries. Even the salads we all shared before the main course had heirloom tomatoes that brought me right back to my girlhood in NJ (the Garden State) with bursts of real flavor...a good tomato has an earthy element...these were splendid!
I enjoyed my own culinary adventure with the Baramundi fish and Quinoa. Lightly dusted and artfully seasoned...the real skill comes in cooking it just right! Moist, meaty flavor in this Australian fish served with a light chili sauce on the side. I love fish and this didn't leave me wishing for a good burger! Which by the way, you can also get at Harry's!! Don't miss a chance to dine off the beaten track where the locals go...value for your dining dollars and very high quality fresh foods! Service is perfect with just the right attention to details and preferences...yes they remember I don't like onion! Harry's Hideaway is a solid winner every time we dine there! Make a reservation...it is heartbreaking to see eager diners turned away!! Thank you Harry and Adele!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Dorothy O
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Great Valentine's Day dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food is excellent, the service was great, and the prices are reasonable. The salads were very good and the blackened catfish was done perfectly. The portions are just right, neither skimpy or excessive. My wife got a complimentary rose to cap off the evening.

• Visited February 2013
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“This place would make a million in Phoenix!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

There are 5 restaurants rated in Tripadvisor in Cornville. To compare this one with the other 5 is not fair. Harry's Hideaway is probably the best small town restaurant in the Country. From what my server told me, Harry and his wife moved the Cornville from Chicago after owning a restaurant there for 15 (I think) years. I would compare the very reasonably priced food here to food close to double the price in a big city.

We had the asparagus with asiago cheese appetizer and then a roasted duck white pizza. Both were incredible. There were 6 or 8 specials advertised this day and I wanted to try every one of them. Salads, soups, appetizers, main meals, deserts, all described by the waitress in detail.

If you are in Sedona, Cottonwood or any other surrounding areas, take a trip to Harry's Hideaway. As much as I don't want it to be busier there the next time I go, I do want you to experience what a quality restaurant in a small town can offer. Be ready to be surprised!

• Visited February 2013
“My favorite local spot!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Harry and Adele's restaurant is the beat local spot around. GREAT deals, good pizza, crab cakes are amazing and they always have a great special!

1 Thank PMFS1223

Been to Harry's Hideaway? Share your experiences!