“Go Hungry, save room for dessert...”
Review of Harry's Hideaway

Harry's Hideaway
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Cornville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving American comfort food, Harry's Hideaway is located in the heart of Sedona wine country. Full bar service includes Arizona wines, local brews and premium spirits. Daily specials compliment our menu favorites which include crab cakes, hamburgers, pizza, pasta, steaks, ribs, shrimp dishes, salads, vegetarian including vegan dishes, all ending with our own in house made desserts! Try Carrot Cake, Chocolate Mousse, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Tart Tatin (French Apple Pie), Bread Pudding and Sundaes made with our own in-house made ice cream. We use to own a Bistro in Chicago for 16 years that sat 200 people. We moved to Arizona and downsized. Now we seat less than 50 and are have a lot of fun again. we're off the beaten Sedona path, but are located in the heart of wine country. After tasting your way through the wineries, stop in for a bite!
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Go Hungry, save room for dessert...”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just tried this last Saturday Night 10/13. Must have, is a reservation or like our first try a walkin customers you may feel slighted. So, get the rez and enjoy. All the food is beyond Wholesome and beyond Homemade and beyond Expectation. Comparable pricing, yes. The setting is small but familiar to anywhere "U.S. of A" where family restaurants still can live the dream. Knowing that running a restaurant is a 24/7 lifestyle (even with Sun/Mon off) you will relish the charm the waitstaff (multi-talented) and the chef/owner combination on this one. Good efforts should go rewarded and they do! I always try to eat something that I do not cook at home and I selected such from their very interesting and satisfying menu. To top it all off, the desserts are wonderful, to share or eat all by your lonesome. Highly recommended but more importantly it is good family op, well rewarded and supported by a lot of locals and visitors combined. ..

1 Thank mocassin

Chicago, IL
“Excellent food in a tiny place!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had read many glowing reviews of this place and stopped in with high expectations. First, it really is best to make a reservation, especially on weekends. We did not but were there early and lucky to get a table. Within minutes of our arrival, every table was taken.
We had the calamari for an app which was pretty large a very good. The crab cakes entree was delicious too. Place was busy and might need one more waitperson than what they had that night but service was prompt and cordial.
My only little niggle was that I had wanted to have dessert as they all looked wonderful, but as soon as we finished our entrees another waitress came over to place our bill on the table without a word. Given that I had remarked on the tempting desserts when we'd arrived, and chatted a bit with our server (Harry's wife) I was unpleasantly surprised to feel rushed out like that. Nonetheless, it's a great little place and clearly a local secret so far. We will be back!

1 Thank familydiva
Harry O, Owner at Harry's Hideaway, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Hello, I'm glad you enjoyed the Calamari and Crab Cakes. I've been using the same crab cake recipe for over 20 years, at my Chicago restaurant for 16 years and now in Cornville. Who doesn't like a good crab cake? Sorry about giving you the feeling of being rushed and not giving you the opportunity to enjoy one of my fresh, in-house made desserts. Our assistant servers are always supposed to ask each table if they would like dessert. I showed your review to my wife and she will mention this to our staff. Thank you for being so nice and understanding!
usa
“great little find”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Unexpectedly good food and service in a strip mall in Cornville. Who woulda thunk it? Nice little patio out back, highly recommend the flank steak.

1 Thank vailguy
Sedona, Arizona
“Surprisingly great food!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

You'd never guess that this little place outside of Sedona would have such incredible food. Believe it! We went there for lunch (the menu is the same for dinner), and there was so much to choose from. We had the BBQ shrimp, which was cooked to perfection and had a great spice to it. And, the pasta special was fantastic! They also had my very favorite wine on the list (Duckhorn Merlot), and the price was really reasonable.

If you're in Sedona, make the drive to Cornville for a really incredible meal. It is small, so be sure to make reservations. They even take reservations for lunch, because it fills up fast.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!

1 Thank jasanders1
Sedona, Arizona
“Unbelievably good food in Cornville!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a great meal this past Saturday night. The pâté appetizer, flank steak, fish special, and desserts were great. The service was awesome. Highly recommended

Been to Harry's Hideaway? Share your experiences!