“Unbelievably Rude- Hope they have many other customers”
Review of Nichols West

Nichols West
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Congress
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Restaurant located on Highway 71 in Congress AZ. Inside and patio dining. Full Bar. Breakfast Lunch & Dinner.Breakfast items include: Eggs Benedict Traditional, Crab Cakes, Smoked Salmon, Shrimp & Avocado. Breakfast Quesadillas and Burritos plus regular fare. Lunch & Dinner includes steamed mussels, fried oysters, rack of lamb, boulle bases, pastas, steaks, burgers, quesadillas and much more. Salads : Beet & Avacado, Caesear, Winter Salad, hearts of Romaine.
Wickenburg, Arizona
“Unbelievably Rude- Hope they have many other customers”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Arrived at 8:03 and we were told that they closed at 8:00 and were no longer serving. There were still several tables with customers still eating dinner but the owner stated that they were open from 8 to 8 and would not seat us. We had driven 15 minutes from Wickenburg so a round trip of 30 minutes was a waste of time. We have frequented the restaurant on many occasions and are most disappointed by this treatment. Will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Lise C
Simon1632, Owner at Nichols West, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Firstly we would like to apologies for the inconvenience. However, the customers did arrive at the restaurant at 8.13. For three & a half years our hours have been the same 8 until 8 everyday. The remaining customers had all eaten and were completing their meals, because of that fact the grills and fryers were turned of at 8.00 , and the kitchen was being cleaned. Had the kitchen been still cooking at the time of the reviewer arrival we would have no problem in serving them like we do on many occasions, unfortunately that was not the case on this particular night.
We hope the reviewer understand that it would be totally uneconomical for the restaurant to have any other policy, and to keep the prices low and the standards we hope high. Yet again we apologies for the inconvenience.

“Excellent”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nichols was recommended by the people living in the home my parents just purchased. The food was wonderful. We are looking forward to dining with them more often.

“Only Restaurant in town and it was OK”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Here visiting family and they wanted to take us out to eat. Other than a sandwich shop it's the only place in town to eat. I was told it was remodel not too long ago and it looks very nice inside. Being the only restaurant it was quite busy. We walked in not knowing whether to seat ourselves or wait to be seated as no one greeted us for a good 5 minutes. Finally, we stopped someone and she mubbled something as she went by that half of us thought said, "Wait I'll seat you" and the other half thought she said, "Seat yourself." So, we continued to stand at the door. Finally we were seated.

The light was so scarce where we were seated I had to lend my phone on flashlight mode so my 90 year old Great Aunt could read the menu. We were all having difficulty. She kept asking "Why does it need to be so dark in here to eat dinner?" I kind of wondered that myself.

The man and woman that worked with us have a British accent and though not mean weren't very cordial either. They kind of made us feel... sit, order, eat, now leave.

It took a long time to get our order taken. Took an even longer time to get our food. The food was decently cooked food. Beautifully presented, but nothing special. Something I could make at home everyday. I had the blackend salmon and it was tasty, but dry. I also got the roasted potatoes and vegetables, which were very bland. My daughter's Caesars salad was dripping in dressing that wasn't too Caesar like, but was tasty. Again nothing special.

1 1/2 hours later we paid our bill and left. We were just glad to go home by then.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Qoekc
Wickenburg, Arizona
“Trying to make a "Silk Purse" out of a "Sow's Ear"”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I live in nearby Wickenburg, Arizona. When I first visited Nichol's West, I was quite surprised to find a restaurant serving good quality food in such a small place out in the middle of the desert. I was favorably impressed and I recommended to friends that they should try this place. I get quite a few out of State visitors. I always took them to Nichols West. On one occasion, I had a friend visit me and I decided to take him to Lunch at Nichols West. It was during the very hot season in Arizona. The temperature was 110 degrees F. that day. I wore a knit shirt with short sleeves about one inch just off the shoulder, which actually does not qualify as a "Tank Top" shirt, which has no sleeves at all. My and my friend walked in and
the owner promptly came to me and said "don't you have a shirt?". I told him that I was wearing a shirt. He said "We don't serve anyone wearing "Tank Tops". I replied that this
shirt was not a "Tank Top" at all, and it was 110 degrees F., and everyone knows that
Arizona is very casual in dress, especially in the summer. There was an old "Desert Rat" sitting there eating, wearing a dirty Tee Shirt and a pair of overalls. I immediately left the restaraunt, but not before saying "If you want to give this place a touch of class, at least bring the restrooms inside". They also need to control the flies inside the restaurant. After leaving, I went to another restaraunt which happens to be the classiest place in Wickenburt, and was served without question. Needless to say, I will never patronize Nichols West again.

Visited August 2011
4 Thank clarence h
“Who'd have guess?”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

It's hard to believe that this little crossroads has such a high quality restaurant until you read the "credits" from diners on the wall as you enter. Of course, the comments are from the diners from their other restaurant in the Hamptons called ...you guessed it Nichols East. They don't however own that one since they moved to Congress and opened this little one. In the winter you need a reservation as it is packed all season and it is a very small place. The menu is rather small but well planned with high quality and variety as the mainstays. I love Salmon and nowhere in this area have I been able to find it prepared properly... except here. They offer Blackened, grilled, or poached and any choice is a good one. The caesar salad is also very good. The steaks are good but I have better elsewhere but their pasta and dinner salad entrees and dinner omelet are wonderful. BUT their piece de resistance is their desserts... all homemade. If you love chocolate you MUST have the brownie in a bag... or if you need to share try the ice cream sandwich trio, I guarantee you will NOT share... of course there are other yummies but you have to try this place.. I;m drooling writing this. Try this place, you like it!!!

Visited April 2012