“Authentic yumminess!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Authentic yumminess!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I visited Guedo's back in the 90's and thought it was the best taco I'd ever had! I also thought I would never be able to go back. I finally made it back and the taco's were the same - so fresh, so authentic. Great staff, excellent food. I had the pork taco's with guacomole (they ask if you want avocado, but it's guac - kinda wanted fresh avocado) with whole beans and rice. My husband had the shrimp tacos with the beans and rice. We both loved every bite! Worth the 30 minute drive from Fountain Hills!

• Visited April 2014

Watertown, New York
“Authentic but urban :-)”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Guedo's caught my eye while traveling down the main street in Chandler. It looked like it had been there since before cell phones!! :-D Original, authentic and with the same family for almost 30yrs! Wow, that speaks volumes. And some good things remain the same....the personal touches, like walking up to the kitchen counter and ordering directly from the owner. You even carry your own basket over to the condiments table and season to your hearts content! For those frugal folks, that means no need to tipping.
Now, on to the food.....awesome! Every bit of my Fish Taco Basket was scrumptious. Maybe the best F.T. I've had. Beans and Rice were soooooo good! And the sauces....perfectly YUMMMMY.

To our disappointment, It was quite hot and therefore were unable to enjoy setting outside 'on the
beach' under a festive umbrella.

A humorous, welcoming staff, great food, original authentic ambiance! What more could you ask for....thank you

• Visited April 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not good enough.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Well, THAT was disappointing. Seriously. Disappointing. I guess I should start by saying the food tasted good, but it certainly was not WOW good. And for the prices we paid, it was not good enough.

First of all there is no table service. You stand in line to place your order at a counter. This is something that you expect when ordering / eating fast food, but, again, the prices are ridiculously high for not being a full service restaurant. OK. So you place your order where you are faced with a somewhat insulting sign that states credit cards are destroying small businesses. As a small business owner myself, accepting credit cards is part of the cost of doing business. Then to use a credit card to pay for your food, you are then charged a RIDICULOUSLY high fee of $1.00 by the cashier. Look I don't know everything there is to know about credit card processing fees but even when I was selling high-risk services I never paid more than a $0.35 transaction fee + 3%. So for a $6 meal of two tacos, worst case, Guedo's is paying $0.53. But, unless they are really business-stupid, and they are actually paying these high fees for a low-risk business like food service. They are significantly gouging their customers who want to pay with a credit card. Then, to add insult to injury, the credit card slip has a place to add a tip. A tip? For what? Taking my order, that you're not even going to deliver to my table?

So, we place our order and find a seat. The restaurant is dark and while there seems to have at some point been an effort at making the place seem festive, with a Taco Beach kind of theme, now the darkness seems to be intentionally aimed at hiding how run-down the place feels. A large open floor space area near the kitchen in the front of the house has a bunch of stuff stored on the floor out in the open. It just looks like they have completely given up.

All of that could have been overlooked, though, if the food had been worth it. I ordered two tacos, which they charge $3 each for. My date's burrito was about $7. Now, these prices would not be too bad if there was some semblance of quantity. My $3 tacos were the size of street-vendor tacos. Two small tortillas with some meat added. That's it. Honestly, you can get these for $1 to $1.50 anywhere else and there would be way more meat between the sheets. It was pitiful looking down at these two little tacos not even half-filled. My date's $7 dollar burrito was the size of something you get at Del Taco for less than half the price. A plain tortilla wrapped around (again) a minimal amount of meat, beans, sauce, etc.

The flavor of the food was good but not nearly good enough to justify these prices.

This was such a disappointing lack of food, that after eating everything we received, we ended up heading next door to the fast-food burger joint to get some food to fill us up. How sad is that?

This place came highly recommended to us, and while I agree the food is tasty, I have no plans to return. And based on how few customers were there, I suspect others have come to the same conclusion.

• Visited March 2014
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a taco (non waited on) authentic (flys, heat and everything) taco stand....this is the place. Beer served in plastic cups. Tables are wobbly. Tacos were OK but not worth the fly swatting and lack of room to eat atmosphere. Sorry, I don't usually like to give bad reviews (makes me feel bad) and maybe we just came on a bad day...but I was hoping for an overall better experience.

Queen Creek, Arizona
“Good lunch or snack whatever pleases you is available”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spotted this restaurant while on the way to another appt and decided to check it out when I came back this way. Amazingly I am in the middle of Arizona but find such mainstream Mexican food and really nothing authentic. This restaurant's signage advertised 'you don't have to go to Pt. Roberts to enjoy the beach and food'. When I got into the restaurant there is adequate seating not only in the bar area but in the restaurant and outdoors, too. There has been sand brought in and they advertise the only 'beach area' in Arizona....very nice and quaint. I ordered a 'stuffed tostado' with shrimp and it was delicious and just $5.95. (you can also order chicken, beef or just plain which are all less money). The salsa bar had very good fresh items and a good selection. The wait staff were nice and prompt, too. My only disappointment is sangria seems to be something that is not asked for in any restaurant (I have been to) and I have yet to find it available and that is a surprise considering the population. Good food at a good price.

• Visited April 2013