“Good food,excellent server,nice cantina atmosphere”
Review of Iguana Mack's - CLOSED

Iguana Mack's
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Iguana Mack's represents the sweet memories of the roadhouses of Arizona. Providing fresh food at great prices, Iguana Mack's is truly one of a kind. We aren't your chain restaurant! Try our special Cajun items, amazing lunch specials and specialty drinks. We will also host your meeting or party for free in our private banquet rooms. We are a community staple focused on providing our customers with a unique and special experience. Great Food, Great Drinks, Pet Friendly Patio & Award Winning Patio Bar with misters and AC. We also host several business meetings in our private banquet rooms. Established in 2002, Iguana Mack's was created with a "mom & pop's" attitude - a break from the chain mentality. Because of this, we have been able to interact on a very personal level with our customers. Iguana Mack's has been designed with a relaxed, fun look back at our region as it was in the late 1940s and early 1950s. Great homemade food, good fun, willing staff and lots of hard work go in to the day to day operations of Iguana Mack's.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice atmosphere,faux cantina, youthful crowd, good tex mex comfort food. Pretty good burgers & fresh draft micro brews.
Would return 3x visit to this venue.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is the place to go when you just need a hug and when you need to go chill out. I really like this place. The regulars all know each other and everyone has an amazing story to tell each week. It's nice to have a laid back place you can go to wearing a t-shirt and flip flops and where "everyone knows your name". Stephanie the manager is awesome, and DJ Pete is always rockin it, and Allie can't ever miss the wobble wobble. I miss some of the other bartenders they had.

The patio is/was dog friendly. They're serious dog lovers...seriously. Dog halloween was way too much fun.

Happy hour / Reverse Happy hour prices are decent. Some of the regulars swear by either:
- loaded cheese fries...I think it's the ranch dressing and bacon that folks like most about it.
- tots and dogs (really good).
- salted pretzel (huge pretzel, seriously). one gal never deviates from this. orders this and only this.
- hummus (2 kinds) w/ pita and chips

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This venue is very close to where we live. We were seated within 15 minutes on a busy Friday.
Our server was a perky ASU student teacher,; Anna. We were brought water w/lemon while awaiting our draft beer order. I had the all you can eat fish fry, my wife had the chimichanga sampler. Our food was crispy, hot , good quality and very promptly served. The place is kid friendly with plenty of little ones in evidence. On this Friday, the place was full, the music (C&W)
good, but not overwhelming and a nice mix of clientele. We would go back.

1  Thank slaterock1704
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have visited Iguana Mack's two times. Both times were for work purposes, since my office is located in the same complex. Both times, I got sicker than a dog. My boss, who was also there, got sick as well.

2  Thank Kristin O
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Recent meal here with visiting relative. I hate having to apologize for my poor choices in picking restaurants in my own area. It had been awhile since our last visit, well apparently too long. Dined early on a slow Thursday evening. The place is 1/3 full - why seat us beside the drink-service area? The waitstaff was friendly but not very service oriented. Food was not very good, menu is a slightly expanded version of bar appetizers. Deep fried shrimp dinner was abysmal, breaded shrimp straight out of the grocery store freezer section, limp, barely deep fried sweet potatoes. Accompanying side salad had some nice touches but on a base of romaine 'parts' normally discarded. Chicken fajita dinner was simply an embarrassment to the tex-mex/southwest food culture of Arizona. The only thing that saved this from a terrible rated review was the 'el cubano' sandwich. Somewhat resembled a cuba sandwich and had a tasty coleslaw side, only cost $8, it's saving grace. Should you really have to ask three times for extra pico de gallo? If a restaurants table placard advertises 'craft beer' why would the server offer domestic crap drafts? BTW - Anyone who questions ordering 'shrimp' in the middle of the desert should know that A) some the the nations best pond produced shrimps are raised locally, B) Puerto Penesco shrimp is harvested wild from the sea only four hours from this locale.
The patio looked cool, the happy hour looked as inexpensive as a dozen other places, the owners need some Gordon Ramsey face time. My advice would be keep the bar, turn the other space into something more useful than the subpar 'restaurant' it masquerades as. Too many other great, inventive, engaging options in the Phoenix Metro area for me to recommend dining at this 'bar.'

1  Thank AzRat
RBlockOC, Owner at Iguana Mack's, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hi There - I am one of the owners of Iguana Mack's and I recently received access to respond to our TripAdvisor reviews. I am very concerned that you received poor service. Over the last several months, we have refocused our staff on good service and recently received a 5 star review on Yelp for our food and service. I hope that you will come back and try our restaurant again and this time won't have to apologize for your pick in restaurants. Thank you for your honest feedback, we will continue to make changes to help us better serve our customers.