“pretty good Tex Mex”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Interstate 10 and Ray Road
Transit: On Ray Road just east of Interstate 10.
Description: Since day one, we’ve been serving Southwestern foods with a bold, flavorful twist. Our chefs work hard to create authentic, memorable dishes with only the best, fresh ingredients. Freshness, quality and a commitment to hand-crafted cuisine are present in every delicious bite. Families, friends and groups of all sizes find a friendly welcome as they dine on the best ingredients found in our vibrant, innovative dishes. It’s a unique culture that we have cultivated over 25 years and we’re proud to share it with our communities.
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Tasty, well prepared mainstream Tex Mex, although a little bland for both the fish and shrimp tacos. The queso dip was delicious as was the peach cobbler dessert. Great atmosphere made for an enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

We've been to this location and the Scottsdale location and have always liked the food, atmosphere and service. The atmosphere & decor is very nice. Their special skillet corn bread and butter before the meal is served is very tasty. The server was very efficient but...the food took longer than usual to get to our table and then it was so disappointing. The chicken in my Chicken Fajitas was dry and chewy. The spicy coating on my chicken was quite heavy and salty. My husband's Grilled Chicken was barely lukewarm and also dry and tough. We mentioned this to the manager. He said he was sorry and comped half of the lowest priced entree.

Date of visit: December 2018
Usiel30, General Manager at Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

Good evening,
I apologize for the delayed response as I just recently received the login credentials to manage this account as the new GM at this location. I also apologize for the mediocre food and subpar management interaction you received. Our kitchen, specifically our executive chef Danny Ocampo take great pride in the made from scratch food you receive. If it doesn't leave you completely satisfied, we're not completely satisfied. Please email me directly at umolina@ztejas.com prior to your next visit so I can make it right for you. Mediocrity is unacceptable in our restaurant. I appreciate your time & feedback.

Usiel Molina
Z'Tejas Chandler
7221 W Ray Rd.

Reviewed December 11, 2018

You just can't beat the appetizers - the grilled shrimp tostada bites with guacamole, the chicken quesadilla, catfish beignets (get two of the sauces), and tableside guacamole are all outstanding. The staff is great, both in the restaurant and the bar. A perfect place for dinner or just to hang out in the bar after an earlier event.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

The menu selection is good. Missed 5 stars because service was slow and food arrived on the cool side for no anxious reason. The restaurant was not very busy.
Will consider going back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank D8308JLdaveg
AutumnS240, Public Relations Manager at Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

We really hope you do come back! We will make sure the service is faster and the food is perfect.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

The Z'Tejas in Scottsdale was my FAVORITE local restaurant when I moved to the valley 21 years ago. Stopped into the one in Chandler on Ray Road over the weekend, and was reminded why I love this place - TOP NOTCH Southwest food combinations and preparation. The blackened catfish tacos were amazing. I cannot wait to go back and have them again. My husband had the burger and fries, and he loved that too. Fries were perfect. Bartender was very friendly and attentive. Bar/lounge area has a nice casual vibe. Great place, superb food.

Date of visit: August 2018

This is exactly why we get up in the morning! Thank you for coming in, treating yourself and sharing your experience. We know you work hard and have options, so your loyalty is greatly appreciated!