“Odd idea, but amazing food”
Review of Chino Bandito - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I was interested in trying the food here, since i like to make odd combinations myself. And boy was it great. It has different meats of the asian and mexican varieties, and you can have it mexican style in a burrito or quesadilla, or asian style in a rice bowl, or just seperate. The jade red chicken in a quesadilla is by far my favorite!! If its your first time there they will let you sample the different meats so you know what you are getting which is great. This place is sure to please most tastes in food, especially kids who are notorious for doing odd things lol

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really wasn't to sure about this place when I first heard of it, however I gave it a try. This place is pretty good, nice little vibe in the restaurant. Very big space for large groups, big screen on the wall with sports playing. Now lets get to the food, it's a mixture of Asian an Mexican. I always end up getting the same thing jade chicken black beans an jerk chicken rice. Maybe one day I will venture out an try other things, then again maybe not.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Haven't been here in quite sometime since moving out of the city, but i got to go back and man did the place deliver. Great combination of foods, the guy at the counter had no problem refreshing my wife's memory on the difference between the bowls and the combos. Great flavor, my little 2 year old loved it. Fried rice, black beens, with machaca and chicken, it was so so good. Made me realize how good this place is, i would go back anytime i can.

1  Thank AZTraveler94
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Way back in 1999 while visiting friends in Phoenix I was treated to some great food that was a strange blend of flavors and it stuck with me, that is I never forgot the flavors and how great they worked together. I never could remember the name of the place and have not been back to Phoenix until recently. My wife and I just moved to Phoenix and I instantly remembered those great flavors I told my wife about this great place and that we must find it. So the quest began...I performed a little sleuth work and theorized that this place must be in close proximity to my friends old house. I found the lost yummys at Chino Bandito and couldn't be happier. Pay no mind to the negative reviews and get over there for some good grub.
We enjoyed the Jerk chicken with Black Beans and Jerk Fried Rice. Let me tell ya it was just like 1999 all over again! We loved it and will be back now that we live close by.

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I ate here with a friend of mine who lives in the area, but hadn't heard of the place. It's a bit off the highway, so it wasn't getting the kind of traffic I feel they deserve. When I was there, the food was great. Who'd have thought to cook chinese dishes and put them in a burrito sized tortilla? It can be very confusing to order the first time you visit, but the staff was very helpful. Everything was great, keep up the good work.

1  Thank slasich