“Great Food”

Dining options: Takeout
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Way back in 1999 while visiting friends in Phoenix I was treated to some great food that was a strange blend of flavors and it stuck with me, that is I never forgot the flavors and how great they worked together. I never could remember the name of the place and have not been back to Phoenix until recently. My wife and I just moved to Phoenix and I instantly remembered those great flavors I told my wife about this great place and that we must find it. So the quest began...I performed a little sleuth work and theorized that this place must be in close proximity to my friends old house. I found the lost yummys at Chino Bandito and couldn't be happier. Pay no mind to the negative reviews and get over there for some good grub.
We enjoyed the Jerk chicken with Black Beans and Jerk Fried Rice. Let me tell ya it was just like 1999 all over again! We loved it and will be back now that we live close by.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve L

Clairton, Pennsylvania
“A Novel Idea”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I ate here with a friend of mine who lives in the area, but hadn't heard of the place. It's a bit off the highway, so it wasn't getting the kind of traffic I feel they deserve. When I was there, the food was great. Who'd have thought to cook chinese dishes and put them in a burrito sized tortilla? It can be very confusing to order the first time you visit, but the staff was very helpful. Everything was great, keep up the good work.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank slasich
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“So unbelievably good!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food is so incredible here! My mouth is watering as I write this review thinking about all the tasty goodness that Chino Bandido serves up. Favorite is the jade red chicken followed by the emerald chicken. MMMmmmm good! Their prices are reasonable and portions large.

Visited August 2012
Pennsylvania
“Unappealing”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This restaurant is a combination of Mexican meets Chinese and has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Our friend insisted we eat here for lunch yesterday. All day they raved about how excellent it is and how they could not wait for us to try it. I had my doubts as it did not sound appealing to me, but thought "give it a whirl." Yeah, not for me. Ordering was confusing and the server wasn't helpful in that respect. My combination was a jerk chicken burrito and a spicy sweet and sour chicken burrito with refried beans and white rice. The burritos are meat only in a burrito shell. My rice was very dry and almost crunchy. The beans were pasty, dry and without much flavor. With so many wonderful restaurants to choose from, my advice is to avoid TV Food Network hype and go somewhere worth plunking down your hard earned money.

• Visited February 2013
Havre, Montana
“Always a good stop”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I love Chino Bandito. Almost always go there while in Phoenix. I particularly enjoy the jade red chicken in a quesadilla. And who doesn't love snicker doodles with dinner? The ones at Chinos are delicious!

• Visited October 2012