“The best of two worlds colliding together in food.”
Review of Chino Bandito - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I love Mexican food and could live off of it 24 hours a day for every meal. My husband loves Chinese food. Our children can be persuaded either direction. At this restaurant you can have a mixture of both and everyone will be completely satisfied and oh so happy. It's a very easy going place perfect for families or going out with your friends. But the food is what it is all about. For first time visitors the people at the counter will give you a brief overview of the menu and the many options you can have such as a quesadilla with sweet and sour chicken or a burrito with teriyaki chicken. The best part is you get to try anything you want before you order. You simply can't go wrong. We love this restaurant and for it's unique fusion of food and for the customer service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Traveled to Phoenix with family and decided to go here because of DDD. Overall the food was okay but nothing special. Maybe we should have ventured out instead of just getting the basics but we didn’t see what all of the hype was about. We probably would not go back again. The snicker noodle cookie was good.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went here because of seeing them on DDD and were really impressed by the freindly staff and great food. Nothing fancy , just a great place for a unique meal.

1  Thank tachedub
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was the last meal of my and my wife's vacation to Arizona in June 2011. We were excited to try this place and it was not a disappointment.

It is a quirky place with an ordering system that requires a demo before you actually order. The demo is pretty cool as an employee lets a group of people sample the different dishes they have to offer then teaches you how to fill out the order form. Then you wait in line, place your order, pay, and find yourself a table. Eventually (not too long) someone comes out with your food calling your name.

The prices were really cheap, the portions were generous, and the food was really really good. I can not say that there was anything flavor wise I did not like about the food (though it did not seem to be prepared to order which would have made a difference in terms of texture, especially of the fried foods). The atmosphere is very plain. Basically, you are on those plain white folding tables that you can get in any big box store and there is very little in the way of decor.

The only other criticism and one of the reasons it did not get a 5 (the other being that the food did not seem to be made to order) is the fact that the menu was very limited. There were no appetizers or soups and no real alternative to the rice and beans that everything comes with. Basically, the meals are all exactly the same except with a different meat. I know there are a variety of the "main" part of the meal but can you imagine eat chicken or pork or beef with the same exact meat and potato each night? It would get boring.

So all in all, it was a great restaurant and a great value for a quick delicious meal. I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I ate at the location in Phoenix and this food was great....I had the beef in a quesadilla type...this was awesome....I had a side of black beans and jerk rice...the food is great and the service was excellent...I wish I would of found this place sooner....