“Entertaining”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101 Freeway Exit
Phoenix, AZ
“Entertaining”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a good time at Benihana on a Saturday night. Sat with a family with a couple of small children, with one asking questions to the chef non-stop. The chef took it all in stride which added to the entertainment. Had the Las Vegas roll sushi appetizer which was delicious. The soup and salad were tasty. The main courses were very good as well. I would gladly go back as it did not break the bank either.

• Visited August 2013

Phoenix, AZ
“Crappy Customer Service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Benihana of Chandler is RIDICULOUS!!!!
Four of us were meeting for dinner at 6 pm. I wanted their new Tempura basket (just got their e-mail advertising it) - not a chef's table needed item. So I made reservations on-line and said I didn't need the Chef Table, figured why tie up 4 seats at a Chef's table.

I get there @ 5:50 to be told they don't take reservations for non chef tables which are actually in the lounge. I go in there to see 3 regular tables...2 taken and another "reserved" how is that so? The hostess says we can have the center table a large high stool pub table. REALLY? With a seven year old? Let alone who wants to have a nice quiet meal in the "bar" with your feet dangling?

Walked out and had a nice meal at Chili's next door! From now on going to Scottsdale Benihana where they have a nice non-lounge and non-chef table area for people to have a quiet dinner...that's what I expected at Chandler.

Also, they told me they tried to reach me. No phone call, text or e-mail all day. Come home to find they canceled my reservation at 5:53 (what while I was standing there?)
CRAPPY customer service!

• Visited August 2013
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Fun evening out”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's Benihana. Exactly what you'd expect. We had a great server and the quality was good. We had fun and would do it again for a special occasion.

Visited March 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“Benihana in Chandler AZ”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Always a fun time. Good food also. Our group had a person with shell fish allergies and vegetarian. The chef cooked the shrimp after everything else was done. And there is a section in the menu of noodles and tofu for the vegetarian. Was a birthday, so we had a nice discount coupon. If you like Benihana, you need to register your birthday on their site and get the emails.

• Visited March 2013
Gilbert
“Always a Good Bet”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Benihana's has always been a great restaurant to go to. I enjoyed going there when I was little and watching the cooks at the teppanyaki table make onion volcanos and flying shrimps. They've always had great food and fantastic service.

I recently went Feb 17th and got to take advantage of the Birthday "giftcard" they email to you. It's a $30 value and is very generous indeed. You can order almost anything on the menu (exluding certain items) and have it covered by the giftcard.

For this occasion, I opted for the Sushi Combination Deluxe and it did not disappoint. I want to start off by saying that the menu doesn't specify which sushiitems you'd be receiving, so I was anticipating some average sushi selections. I was amazed when I got sweet shrimp, squid, octopus, eel and other items (tuna, salmon, salmon roe, shrimp, tuna roll, tilapia). They also preceeded this combo with soup and salad. Needless to say, I was stuffed by the time the free ice cream came around.

All the food was top notch and the manager made a point to visit every table during our visit there. What a wonderful place for a lunch time visit :)

• Visited February 2013