“Good Food...Not So Great Service”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 101 Freeway Exit
Phoenix
“Good Food...Not So Great Service”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Took my husband here for his birthday celebration. We got there when they opened only to find out there was a 45 minute wait for the hibachi tables so we opted to sit in the bar area at one of the small tables. We could get the same menu but without the "entertainment". It was very hot in the bar area and we sat there for awhile before the server came over. She took our order but forgot the extra salad dressing my husband requested so we had to remind her. Our dinner was good. My husband had the steak and lobster and I had the steak and shrimp. The steak was alittle fatty but all in all it was good. Dinner came with ice cream and that was an extra treat. All in all, it was a nice dinner, but we felt the waitress could have been alittle more attentive. Do go but call ahead to request the hibachi tables and be entertained if you have never had the experience.

• Visited May 2012

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great Place To Go”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I went here with a friend during the lunch hours (it's half the price) I HIGHLY recommend getting a table where they cook the food in front of you. You will have the best time. They do tricks with the food and it's really enjoyable!

• Visited August 2011
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We love coming here because of the great atmosphere they provide. Everyone in our family gets a birthday certificate during the month of their birthday for 30.00 off your dinner. My husband and I sneak off every once in awhile too by ourselves for one of their monthly specials. Great place to go with a group of friends. I've never been disappointed with any meal I've chosen. Some chefs are more skilled and more entertaining than others but we always have a good time.

• Visited January 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great for a group!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a group dinner here and it was fun and entertaining - and talk about fresh! Our server did the regular show, and cooked our dinner in front of us. We were served soup right away and salad shortly after. We ordered from the menu, which includes also a shrimp appetizer...so if you are highly allergic to shell-fish I would be very careful here.

I enjoyed the chicken and steak combination, which also came with steamed rice and a scoop of ice cream. It costs an additional $3.50 or so to upgrade to fried rice, which certainly looked more appetizing but I thought it was a bit much to charge.

The food is served freshly off the grill, so it is piping hot and fresh at the table. All in all, it was a great night.

Also - if you join the e-club, you get a certificate to use during the month of your birthday.

Visited May 2012
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Fun time over a hot grill”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We went to an early dinner and used a $30.00 e-mail coupon my wife received for her
birthday. If you fill out a card when you visit the restaurant you will receive a $30.00 coupon to use in your birthday month........Pretty good deal. Food and table entertainment is a good as usual. Service was just great.

• Visited April 2012