“Very Comfortable ... Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
GreenLeadersGold level
Rowlett, Texas
“Very Comfortable ... Outstanding Service”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

As a Diamond Elite member of Choice Privileges, I stay in Choice-branded properties frequently, of which Quality Inn is one. This Quality Inn was one of the best properties of the brand that I have ever stayed out, and the service provided was outstanding.

The person who checked me in (Linda?) was one of the best I've ever encountered. In addition to a warm, sincere greeting, she quickly got me checked in and bent over backwards to make sure that I understood that my business was appreciated and that if I needed anything, she was there to help. When I got to my room, I found that the air conditioning unit was not cooling properly on this very hot Arizona summer day, so she quickly responded by escorting me to two other vacant rooms so that we could first check out the cooling before I was reassigned to a new room, rather than just blindly moving me. That impressed me. And after I was settled, she called me to make sure that I was comfortable and that the air conditioning was working properly - which it was.

The room itself was very clean and tastefully furnished. The bathroom was spotless. The internet connection worked flawlessly and the shower delivered a good stream of hot water. Beds were comfortable, and I enjoyed a good night's sleep.

I did not sample the breakfast, but there is coffee available in the lobby 24/7. The seating area for the breakfast appeared to be quite small for this size of a hotel, with only a few tables available. During the busy times for breakfast, I can imagine that seating may be a bit difficult.

Location is just a few minutes north of the south Loop 202, and perhaps 5 minutes or so east of I-10 just north of Chandler Boulevard. Two casinos are within a 7-10 minute drive, and various dining and shopping options are not far away. Drive time to the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport is probably about 15-20 minutes in average traffic, with a few minutes more required to get to the rental car center.

Various discounts are available at the brand website.

I did notice that one other traveller mentioned the strict cancellation policy for last minute reservations - but in fairness, if one books through the Choice Hotel website or any of the brand websites, the cancellation deadline is clearly noted, and if the booking is taking place past the cancellation deadline, the website clearly indicates that the cancellation deadline is past and that the reservation, if made, becomes non-cancellable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
step12dude
A generous response coming from a vetran traveler, who has written hundreds of reviews and stayed at hundreds of Hotels and who is a a very senior member of Choice Priviledge, is a very special honor for us. Your compliments are a great source encouragement encouragement for our staff. Sir, I am blest with one of the most loving and caring staff, who have always gone out of their way to make that little bit of a difference in making our guests feel at home. We get a lot of overseas guests due to many high tech companies in our vicinity. I see people like Linda and Nicole giving introduction to our great country.

So thank you for your kindness. Thank you also for clarifying to guest with the next comment on Hotel cancellation policy!

Vijay Sethi, CHO, CEng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Quality Inn on Kyrene Road in Chandler Arizona is the best Quality Inn/Choice Hotel I've ever found.
My five night stay was so comfortable I wanted to move in!
I slept so well,. The bed and bedding were even better than at home, The furniture and room décor were bright and modern. My room was spacious including a large work space area as well. The sleeping room AND bathroom had homelike shelving space I would like to copy for my own home. The A/C unit seemed brand new.
My room was extremely quiet considering I asked to be close to the pool and front desk area.I saw neighbors staying on both sides of me but never heard a peep when I was in my room or in the hallways.
The pool, business center, front desk area and breakfast area were all perfection in every aspect including close in proximity to all sleeping rooms. This Quality Inn is the cleanest and most organized hotel I've ever stayed at.
The hotel staff is beyond words amazing! Nicole, the daytime manager, made a great first impression when I arrived,after a very long and tiresome travel and work day. Nicole, Philicia , Robert ,Linda, Tiffany and the entire staff including housekeeping made me feel like the red carpet was rolled out every time I had an interaction with them!
The location was convenient to EVERYTHING anyone could need when out of town for business or pleasure..
I learned during my stay this hotel has a working owner. I always feel all the positives come from the top down! Keep up the great work! I will definately look forward to my next stay at your hotel!

Room Tip: I walked the stairs and hallways for daily exercise. Everything on all three floors was quiet, clean...
Green Features: This property was definitely environmentally- friendly was their policies.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
It is rarely that I get emotional, but your review has done just that to me. You have made me realize that I don't have staff working for me, but I have little managers/owners working at this beautiful Hotel.
Alas!it is beautiful not because of the beautiful architecture, but it is so because it is decorated with the most beautiful, caring and loving staff. If anyone can say that they are blest, I want to lay the first claim on that.

Very sincerely thank you. Why don't you come back home - your Hotel is inviting you so.
California
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The accomodations here are basic, but attractive and well kept up. Our room was small, but it included a refrigerator, and the price was very reasonable. It was also quiet, except for the air-conditioner, which we could not get quite right. The staff was friendly and helpful.

My complaint was the breakfast. The hot breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy. Biscuits and gravy??? You could make a waffle or microwave some oatmeal. There were cold hard boiled eggs. The orange juice tasted like orange punch and it was too sweet to drink. There was the usual cereal, yoghurt, etc.

Overall, it was reasonable for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Your review is a powerful source of information for us to improve our product. We have a beautiful property, and a very caring staff. We understand that you were very happy with the property, but would have preferred to see improved breakfast. Though we have an extensive breakfast, we are reviewing your request very seriously, and improvements will be implemented immediately. Quality Inn have a philosophy to provide superior accommodation at a very fair price that you had discovered for yourself. However, I would like to add that you took our smallest room, but for a slightly higher price larger rooms are available. They all have same high quality amenities and features, including 37" flat screens, a microwave, a fridge, iron and ironing board, a coffeemaker and many other amenities.

Thank you again.
Happy Jack
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and the receptionists are always so courteous and kind. We booked this hotel at a late date and were very happy with the accomodations and would definitely consider staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: Nice reasonable hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for rating our hotel. We are very pleased that you had a great stay, and that you found our staff to be very helpful. We are very fortunate to have a great team, and a great property. Your review is a source of encouragement for our staff. So thank you again.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Everything was efficient and easy. The king room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. The hotel is away from the highway and VERY quite, yet near major shopping and only a few blocks from the freeways. The staff were respectful and caring.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mz M
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
We sincerely thank you for your favorable review of our Hotel. We are a very close knit team of staff taking care of a wonderful property. We truly care for our guests. Your feedback and comments makes it all worthwhile for us to excel even further.

Thank you very kindly. We look forward to serving you again.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Me and my husband Paul only stayed one night but we loved it there. The hotel was nicely done with granite and updated rooms. The staff and Manager Vijay were super nice and we will gladly come back again. Great rates!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Sophia and Paul

Thank you very kindly for wonderful review. We truly appreciate knowing that you had a great experience at our Hotel. This kind of feedback is a source of great encouragement for our staff. Thereby, it also helps us to further excel in hospitality, and improve guest experience.
So, again thank you sincerely.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I was so impressed when I came to stay here. I was greeted with an extremely friendly staff. They asked questions to assure I had the best room possible. I have limitations but I am not handicapped and they helped me get the perfect room for me. The room was so nice and clean. It was impressive. It was very comfortable. The price was so affordable and worth it. Not to mention the family like atmoshere.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
DawnMFrix

Thank you sincerely for letting me know about the personal level of care provided by my staff, and the comfort you enjoyed at our property. As a Manager, I am truly blest with not only having a great property, but also a truly fantastic caring staff.