“Bogus Charge”

GreenLeadersGold level
El Paso, Texas
“Bogus Charge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was too small for the price I paid but that is not the reason that I'm taking this time to a review. I was charged $15 for a busted ice bucket that was already in my room before I checked in. My wife and I are in our 40s and we don't go around busting up rooms but had we broken something by accident we would have no problem with paying for the damage but to be changed for something that we did not do and not be told about it up front, leads me to believe that the staff there is less than honest. I took the bucket to the front desk for another one when I discovered the hole in it. I was given another bucket and I thought that was the end of it until I checked out and asked for my receipt. Only then did the front desk person told me I was being charged $15 dollars. She was the one who replaced the busted bucket the day before and she never mentioned anything about a charge but again the bucket was already busted before we got there. She said the night auditor said everything was fine with the room which was not true. Not only was the bucket broken he had to come to our room twice after we checked in to get us a working remote. So he hadn't checked everything out as she claimed. I woiuld not be wasting my time complaining about $15 if I had caused the damage. The fact that neither of the staff members mentioned nothing about the busted bucket during the various times that I passed thru the lobby and chatted with them, as well as the fact that it wasn't until I asked for my receipt that the charge came up, tells me that they are not honest. How many other people have they wrongly charged? I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel not the Quality Inn
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James A
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Ethical Practices, and Excellent Customer Service is our Hall Mark

We have a beautiful property, and top notch caring staff. I investigated your situation, and found that the damage was caused by a dog, due to extensive dog teeth marks. You did have a dog in your room. However, you indicated that this was not pointed out to you whilst you were at the Hotel. This was enough ground for me to refund the $15 back to you, and that has been done without question. You indicated that your stay was excellent until you saw that charge. I thank you for that statement, and also I also offer my apologies to you.

At Quality Inn we attempt to provide you with a very high quality service at a reasonable price. We are blest with a beautiful property at great location with 37' flat screen TV's, brand new everything from carpet up including new furniture and top class beds and not to mention world class WIFI service.

I am happy to note that you are satisfied with the prompt resolution, and that you would be returning to the property again. We will be happy to give you an additional 15% discount or 2000
Choice Privilege Points upon your next visit.

Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention.

Vijay Sethi, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Paris, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Room was exceptionally hot along with all the hall ways. Warmer inside than outside the hotel. Staff had turned on the AC in my room 45 minutes before my 730pm check in. Room was dirty on tables debris on floor and overall unkept look. Elevator made terrible noises and had an inspection sticker from 2007. Two ice machines on third floor both broken. Skip the hotel try the Comfort Inn down the road. I stay exclusively at choice hotels all across the country and this was the worst in recent memory. For 96 dollars it was a sad experience. After three hours of AC being on still to hot to sleep, and asked for another room and the AC is off in the other rooms. Keep Driving.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roy E
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Sir, I humbly apologiy for having less than perfect experience. Our intent is to provide high quality service at a reasonable price. You had several problems, which surprise me as pretty well everything had been replaced over the last three years. The property has been entirely renovated to a very high standard. We have just replaced the "Ice Machines", which was the last item on the list.

I hope to see you at the property again in the near future, and we will pleased to add 2000 points to your CP account.

Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

decided to try this place Over all They were fantastic!!! Rooms are Fancy and very modern. clean lobby and the staff... the staff were fantastic.. Nicole who by the way works way to hard.. very kind courteous and accommodating we needed it or had questions she got it answered them definitely the next time We are in the area will be staying at the Quality Inn Chandler thank you for the great service and hospitality

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jacinda W
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. Yes, we are blest with not just a fabulous property, but also superb staff. Nicole is a role model. She just can't help it, but to help everyone. Its her nature, and we all love her. So thank you for your review - it is a great encouragement for our staff.

Fort Mcmurray
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We decided to try this hotel and found the rooms very nice, the full breakfast a treat, and the location great. The rooms are nice, and the price was better than average. Close to the Tempe mall. Lots of parking right out front.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beachbumAlberta
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I just completed a three week long road trip through the western US. For the entire trip we stayed almost exclusively at Choice Hotels. The Quality Inn & Suites on Kyrene Rd in Chandler, AZ was the high point in terms of excellent customer service. We arrived late, without reservations, and Carl at the front desk got us a room even though the hotel was almost full. Carl had only been there a short time and was the utmost professional. We decided to stay a second night and the next day Linda at the desk went out of her way to accommodate our needs. What a delight! Not only was she able to upgrade our room she got us on the ground floor and even moved our luggage while we were out sightseeing! Linda is the consummate customer service professional! She has definitely raised the bar for the Choice Hotel chain. Although price is important we base our lodging choices on service and accommodations. The Quality Inn in Chandler gets it right!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Deb042413
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I truly thank you for your outstanding review, especially your comments in regards to our staff. Linda is a very caring person and quality guest services is her passion. I am so very glad to see that all our staff performed as one team with hospitality in their mind.

Next time you are here, I would love to have coffee with you. If you have time, please call upon me.

Prescott Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We checked in with out a reservation because the motel we were at was a rat trap. John was the night clerk, he was very professional, very humorous and made us feel like we were very welcome. Nicole was the morning clerk, She was very polite, courteous and fun to chat with. Very professional, Rooms were spectacular, bed was comfy and I had the best nights sleep.
Good Job Quality Inn

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Carrie T
vVijay12, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Carrie T,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Thank you also for reminding us that we not only have a wonderful property, but also a great team of staff. However, I will add that it is the fantastic guests like yourself that bring out the best in hospitality out of us, the staff at the Quality Inn.

As Mahatma Gandhi once said:

" Our Guest is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependant on us. We are dependant on him. He is not an interruption on our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider on our business. He is a part of it. We are not doing a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so."

I thank you again for making it possible for us to be working at the Quality Inn Chandler.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our 6 day stay was great! Staff was efficient and extemely friendly. Room was made clean and crisp each day. Wonderful breakfast! Wonders of desert beautiful!! WHO KNEW!!!! I heartily recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends