“All the comfort of home, spacious, quiet, clean, and great service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chandler/Phoenix Area

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chandler/Phoenix Area
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Chandler
mesa az
“All the comfort of home, spacious, quiet, clean, and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We were greeted by a lovely guest service area with a nice sitting area, coffee, tea, fresh fruit , and cookies The staff is friendly and made sure we received a room that was convenient for us. Before our room was assigned they asked us if were were gong to use the pool, if we preferred a 1st or 2nd floor and we were given he choice of several rooms. The room was a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen, living room, separate bedroom and separate bath. The kitchen is full furnished with a 2 burner stove, microwave, full size frig, pots, dishes, dishwasher, toaster, coffee pot, silverware and sink. They even supplies cloth dish towels, paper towels, dish soap and dishwasher soap. The living room is adjacent to the kitchen with a full size sofa and chair, desk, tv, and breakfast bar. The bedroom had a king size bed, 2 nightstands, dresser, closet, and tv. The bedroom door is completely separate and the door can be closed off. The bath room is very large and nicely appointed with full size tub/shower and vanity sink. The suite was clean and nicely decorated nothing fancy no marble but much better than the usual hotel furnishings. There a few fast food places within walking distance and the Chandler mall is within 5 miles.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oostburg, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

We recently spent five nights at Hawthorn Suites. We asked for (and received) a room near the pool and the breakfast area. Even though we were there during Spring Break, it was very quiet during our entire stay. The full hot breakfast alone cannot be beat - we made sure not to miss it each day. Our family of four stayed in a one-bedroom suite and the pull out sofa was plenty big for our 9 & 11 year olds to share. It was also nice to have a door on the bedroom so we all had our privacy. The only complaint I have is that when the bedding was changed on the sofa bed, the sheet and blanket were left for us to put on each time. I did not care for that, especially since the housekeepers could see that the sofa bed was being used each day and I thought it should have been made up completely. That being said, that is really a minimal complaint compared to the rest of our stay which was really pleasant. During our stay, we traveled all the way up to the Grand Canyon and also down to Tucson, and this was a great location for us. We enjoyed Spring Training in Phoenix and the interstate is nearby and easily accessible. Any time we needed extra towels, the front office provided them. There is free wireless internet in the rooms which was great. The grounds there are beautiful and impeccably kept. The pool area is clean and there were always chairs available. There are many, many restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank armywife93
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

visiting family, I stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in Chandler,
Arizona. Everything was Excellent from the clean Suites, friendly
staff to the daily Breakfast Buffet and Wednesday Dinner
for all the guest. I recommend Hawthorn Suites to anyone.

• Liked — Customer Service, Clean Rooms, Breakfast and Comfortable Beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

I really enjoyed how quiet my stay was and the value I got out of my money. The rooms are spacious and are actual suites. Nothing bugs me more when a hotel says that they have suites but are all in one slightly larger room. This hotel offers seperate rooms, a full kitchen, full breakfast, a dinner buffet on Wednesdays and very pleasant service. I will always make this my destination spot when visiting Arizona.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank nos
Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

I recently stayed 5 nights at the Hawthorn Suites in Chandler with my 7 and 14 year old children. We had a one-bedroom suite that included a kitchenette. The motel had laundry facilities, an adequate work out room and pool facility, and a very extensive free breakfast buffet. The plusses included pleasant , helpful staff, well-maintained grounds, consistent free wireless access, convenient location, free fruit and cookies, and a very comfortable king-sized bed. Areas for improvement include room decor (a bit tattered around the edges), no TV control in the exercise room, and the availability of pool towels. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for families.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

This hotel is a great bargin. It is an all suite hotel with either 1 or 2 bedrooms. We had a one bedroom and it was huge! The kitchen had a full fridge, cooktop and dishwasher and included all the utensils, pots, tupperware, etc. Like a Residence Inn, but a lot less expensive. The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept in, but also wasn't the worst bed I've ever slept in either. The breakfast included eggs and bacon, and the usual cereal, oatmeal, toast and waffles etc. They had coffee in the lobby all day and cookies in the afternoon. Sometimes it's hard to find coffee in hotels. They have the coffee maker in your room, but I'm not making a whole pot for just one cup. They also have a dinner Wednesday night. We didn't stay that night, so I can't say anything about it, but I was told it is an actual meal, not just the cheese and crackers that you get at Embassy Suites cocktail hour. The location is great, not far off I-10. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

I just stayed my first night of two here. It is a quiet hotel; I did not hear any outside noise or other guests at all. When I saw the construction site next door, I was a little nervous. I do have to say that I am a bit disappointed for other reasons. I am a detail person, and this hotel misses the details. For instance, the bed quilt has a hole in it, the blanket has damage and a black stain (didn't notice until morning light), the fire detector is hanging off of the wall, the inside of the coffeemaker was not as clean as I like, the lighting is very dim, we don't have enough towels, the pillows are lumpy and only have one cover on them, and it stinks (literally-the whole bldg). I plan to request new bedding. I purchased air freshener to help me deal with the smell. The breakfast was okay, but the glazed donut left a bad after-taste in my mouth. The hotel, grounds, and pool are very clean, but the details to groundskeeping are not very evident. I thought the parking was tight; we had to park half way around the building from our room because there is only one line of parking spaces around this side of the building. The room decor could use some updating. The location is not great. There are other hotels closer to some of the better shopping destinations (this isn't one of them). The staff has been friendly, courteous, and helpful; the staff is this hotel's biggest asset. This hotel is not ideal for me, but I do plan to stay my final night here. I would not stay here again, but would recommend it for anyone on a tight budget who does not plan to spend a lot of time in the room.

• Liked — The staff.
  • Disliked — The location.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple