“It has gotten a little tired over the last 9 months - since we were here last.”

Super 8 Chandler Phoenix
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 8, 2013

But it is in the location we need so it is worth a stop. The price at the desk was $2 more than Expedia but we didn't quibble. The pool appears to be closed - and it is in a terrible spot anyway. They let us check in at 10AM which was perfect. Overall - an okay place.

• Stayed June 2013
Erik L, Manager at Super 8 Chandler Phoenix, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback that we will use to improve all of our guests' experience with us. We appreciate the candid feedback and our staff strives to provide the most wonderful experience possible and our goal is to provide work together as a staff and ensure our guests have a terrific experience. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and we certainly hope that you will give us an opportunity to provide service for you again. Thank you for staying with us and we will continue to work hard in providing the most excellent experience possible.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ramona
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This property was not up to my expectations. Inside was clean enough.. but everything seemed a bit off. no cars outside and while I had a reservation, the person asked me if I wanted upstairs or downstairs, I told her that it did not matter, when she proceeded to inform me that she had no rooms available downstairs so she would give me upstairs in that case. Then she was looking through a whole box of key envelops when she writes my room number down on a half sheet of paper she tore off a pad and informs me that she had no more key envelops. being confused, I asked what did you say?, she pointed to the box of envelops and said she had no more of these so she was writing my number on a piece of paper.. I saw no one else around and open hallways to rooms on the 1st floor. on the second floor, one hallway to the rooms was open and the other had a closed door in front of it. well, my non smoking room was behind that door and once i opened it.. that hall was worse than any bar I had visited while smoking was still allowed everywhere. I only had to go 20 feet down the hall and my room was non smoking and was fine inside except that it was 110 degrees outside and they had not had the air conditioning turned on in the room. I turned it on max and by the next morning when i got up to check out, the room was finally cool. The pool was closed with an out of order sign on it and a bright green color to the water... no warning during check in that was the case. Two very small pillows on each queen bed which was not all that comfortable. The price was reasonable (not a bargain) and it was only one night, but out of all the hotels that i have stayed in the Phoenix area, this one ranks down in the bottom half of my experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Our staff will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests’ stays are comfortable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve, because our goal is to provide the most memorable and terrific experience possible. I want to you assure that our staff understands working together as a team and providing value and a memorable experience and we will continue to work towards providing the guest the most pleasant experience at our hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently stayed here for a few weeks while we were house hunting. There was a change in management and I wasn't impressed. The staff is very friendly, especially Erica and Jesus. The rooms leave little to be desired; the beds are soft and the bedding is stained, ripped, or worn. We stayed in a room with a slider and the screen was broken and we couldn't open and shut it without a hassle. The mattresses were so worn and soft, whenever my daughter sat on the corner of my bed it would sag terribly. Most of the time I had to do my own housekeeping because it was when they wanted it done or you did it yourself. I came across many stained towels and sheets, and the sheets never matched. Most times they were mismatched (white and beige) and just worn out to the point of no elastic. The washers and dryers were old and didn't dry properly. When housekeeping did service our room, most often they only pulled the sheets up, didn't clean the bathroom (it was cleaned twice in 3 weeks we were there) and always forgot supplies. Some of the front desk staff was rude and made me feel like I was being a bother when I was only asking for linens or supplies that i wouldn't have had to ask for if housekeeping actually serviced the room, The mattress pads and pillows need to be replaced, they are old and stained and just plain gross. The new manager charged my card for $300 over what he was supposed to and when i asked what it was I was told they knew nothing about it, that my bank is to blame for the charge. Banks do not charge fees unless the hotels put it through. Then when I asked them to fix it, I was told it was done and would appear within 24-48 hours' It took 5 business days!! One day a housekeeper came to my room accusing me of taking her carpet freshener and I told her that I would never take anything without asking. They have a fitness room but it is in Room 121 and unless you knew ahead of time, you would think it was just another room; is there any reason why it's not labeled "fitness room" and instead reads Room 121? The upstairs is smoking and many times it was so smelly down on the first floor I couldn't breathe (asthmatic and smoke bothers me terribly) The pool is not heated so be prepared to freeze because it is like ice cubes are put in it every night! When they checked me in, they neglected to charge me for my two cats and about 2 weeks into my stay, the new manager approached me and stated "You have not been paying the fee for your cats; it is $5/pet/night." He wanted me to pay them for the two weeks I had been there and I merely replied "Its not my fault that your staff didn't charge me" All in all, this place is in need of major improvements to be even at an average level.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Erik L, Manager at Super 8 Chandler Phoenix, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your stay at the hotel. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have a terrific visit at the property and our staff understands the importance of providing a memorable experience. We sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations in regards to your stay with our property. Our staff works diligently to make sure that we adhere to all of guest's request and we hope to accommodate in the best possible manner. In regards to the pet fee, we do charge a pet fee for all guests that have a pet. It is very possible that the front desk did not know that the guest had a pet and thus did not charge the appropriate rate immediately. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our housekeeping department work together to make sure that all the rooms are properly cleaned and comfortable for all of our guests. We strive to provide the best experience possible and will continue to work hard and make sure we do so.

Creston
Reviewed May 9, 2013

a little noisy sun night in the laundry room maybe could be a time to close it --we were in the room next to it and at 10-30 there was banging etc---also at breakfast it was low on some items --they were put out but after we had other things

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in regards to your stay at the property. We certainly take all feedback seriously and will always look for ways to improve all of our guests' experiences at the property. Our staff strives to improve in providing the best customer service, adhering to all guests requests, and providing the most memorable experience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. In our breakfast room, we always try to provide the best combination of cereal, waffles, fresh fruit, tea, coffee, orange and apple juice, and toast. We understand that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are always pushing for our inventory will be stocked and ready for our guests. We hope that you provide us with another opportunity to provide a terrific experience.