“food was excellent and the service was personal and friendly”
Review of Marie's Restaurant and Bakery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Marie's Restaurant and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went on a Friday night and used a Groupon.
There were pros and cons to our experience but overall the food was excellent and the service was personal and friendly.
Since it reopened as Maries (from Marie Calendars) You can see they are struggling a bit to get customers in. It was closed for quite a while in the transition. As such they don't seem to be able to stock everything on the menu in adequate supply. A sign in the lobby says 'full service bar opening soon'.
The portions of food were large. The pork pot roast with garlic potatoes and green beans were all cooked to perfection. The Rhubarb Strawberry pie was awesome.

I hope they manage to stay in business. They should do coupons in local newspapers.
I felt in terms of food we got what we paid for.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This copy of Marie Callendar's was below average. The decor was not updated. The carpet, which is the same as when it was Marie Callendar's, needs cleaning. The price of pies is actually $1 more than shown on the board because $1 is charged as a deposit for the pie tin and the deposit is not returned unless another pie is purchased. The meal was just average. Not happy with this experience.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stopped here because I was staying at the Motel 6 across the street. The restaurant was previously a Marie Callenders. The new owners just kept the name "Marie's". They had no beer, Wine or Liquor. I ordered the chicken fried steak and when it came, it was just a big old steak plopped on top of a pile of mashed potatoes. The steak was so tough I couldn't chew it and I had to ask for a steak knife in order to cut it. You'd have thought I was asking for something special...!
I ended up taking it back to my room and feeding it to my Labrador.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Needed a quick bite to eat before an NBA Playoff game and chose the Lasagna. I was served a plentiful helping with bread and couldn't finish the entire serving. I also had a serving of one of the many selections of Pie.. Great tastes Finished off all of the take out in the morning for breakfast.
The bar was not open at the time I visited so had to get a drink at the Hotel next door.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Who woulda thought of pulled pork to top a salad?
It was perfect - fulfilled my green needs for the day!
Attentive waitress with a sense of humor
Wishing them well as the location is hard to spot