“Great course - Cattail” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whirlwind Golf Club

Whirlwind Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Whirlwind Golf Club is truly a unique southwest golf experience. The courses, clubhouse, and practice facilities are sensitively designed to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Gila River Indian Community. Named for the prominent design feature of the hand-woven basketry of the Authum tribe, Whirlwind is the work of golf course architect Gary Panks. His design weaves the spirit and legacy of this ancient land into a marvelous test of golf. The Devil's Claw course features sweeping elevation changes and dramatic bunkering. The Cattail course complements the Devil's Claw, but lends a whole new flavor to this 36-hole masterpiece, with its rolling fairways accented by striking water features and deep canyons. Whirlwind promises a dynamic golf experience marked by spectacular landscaping, unrivaled course conditions, and genuine customer service.
Bel Air, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great course - Cattail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

As you can imagine, A resort course...well mantained with a friendly staff and the the drinks are cold.
Bring your GPS..and plenty of balls. It's target golf here.

turlock, cali
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Cattail fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went here on a Sunday afternoon. Pace was great. Free water in ice chest on cart and wet towels in the cart. We had a great time although I wish the staff would have asked if we had a Troon card as I forgot to get credit for my round as a rewards member and when the round was over the clubhouse was already closed so I lost out on those points! :-( Weather was great on the 5th...mild for this time of year in the mid 80's. The hotel is great too, we've stayed there twice but no time to golf those times, but finally had time. Good restaurant at Wild Horse too.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I played this course for an industry event and I was very disappointed. The bad experience started with a bad attitude waitress. I tried to move a chair out of her way and she gave me a look like I should die. Everyone at my table commented on how disrespectful she acted. Once we started playing golf it didn't get much better. The course only had one beverage cart and I was almost 2 hour into the round before we saw the cart. Once it arrived it had no snacks and very little cold drinks. When they returned a few hours later it was the same thing, no snacks. The finally showed up with snacks on the final hole. Once the round was over the course wouldn't handle sending our clubs back to the hotel. I know this sounds petty but after playing in 90 degree heat with no food and cool drinks they could have at least taken care of our clubs
The course itself was really nice and laid out well. If you play it make sure you bring plenty of snacks.

1 Thank kidflemingo
Spokane, Washington
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“overpriced, but nice course”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

way to proud of their course. Book on golfnow to avoid this issue. No GPS for distances. Didn't supply free water bottles or towels.

Visited April 2013
Chandler, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best maintained cours in the are”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is our favorite course in the Phoenix area. Two seperate 18 hole courses very scenic and well maintained. On the Indian reservation so no homes adjacent to the fairways. Their bar/restaurant serves excellent food after your round.

Visited February 2013