“that local place travelers look for”

EL SOL Mexican Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #5 of 22 Bakeries in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 26, 2012

not fancy, food is very good, spotless, try their huevos rancheros

1  Thank franmazzara
There are newer reviews for EL SOL Mexican Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Wow, we rolled up for breakfast, and were pleasantly surprised. My wife ordered a breakfast style burro with their green chile, and I asked if they had chilaquiles... WHICH THEY DID!

Yeah, its not on their menu, but the chef will whip an order up for you. Their enchilada sauce perfectly complemented this dish. Their chips and salsa were tasty, and my wife's burro was delectable. Really, it was delectable. I'm not just repetitiously writing the word delectable for the hell of it.

I'll be bringing the familia back to check them out for lunch, or maybe dinner fare. And if Shakira happens to be in the neighborhood, she can come too.

2  Thank swoopus
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have many childhood memories of going there with my mom to get sweet bread. After moving away and coming back we go there more for there food now. Took my husband there and is addicted to their carne asada burritos. I prefer their chimichangas or if your there for breakfast their potato, bacon, egg and cheese burrito is awesome. Their salsa is amazing. I think the only thing that stops us from going all the time is its a bit pricey for smaller portions. My husband usually has to order 2 meals but the food is awesome.

1  Thank xsana86x
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Everything they make is wonderful. I first ate a breakfast burrito there not long after they first opened and have since tried most of the remaining menu without disappointment. Their homemade salsa and tortillas are the best in the valley!

1  Thank rgh313
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I have been to El sol many time thier chicken, carne asada, and carnitas burritos are the absolute best, the salsa was also great when in this restaurant i was treated like i was family. I continue to go back all of the time and will as long as they are making food.

3  Thank arkman3000