“Fantastic Mexican”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Fantastic Mexican”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We love Mexican food and eat at a lot of different types of Mexican restaurants. This meal was one of the best we've had - we will be returning, regularly!

• Visited September 2013

Mesa, Arizona
“Awesome Food! Great service!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We come here often because we know we will always be greeted and seated as easily as possible and the service will be attentive and friendly. Most importantly we know the food is delicious!
This last visit I tried the Pescado Mazatlan. It was brilliant! A good portion of fish with some shrimp and scallops mixed into the delightful vegetable-laden sauce. The sauce was light and lemony and every bite on my plate was delicious.
I usually get Los Mejores, which is the shrimp stuffed with a sliver of jalapeno and wrapped in bacon and the beef fillets also wrapped in bacon. I usually get the spinach casserole as both of my sides.
I suggest you order one the specials, but rest assured that the more traditional Mexican dishes are also well prepared and tasty.
Check it out!

• Visited August 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“GOOD FOOD AND DINING ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been to other Abuelo's restaurants in other cities and find the food at this restaurant not as good as those I have previously eaten at. Although the food was delicious it was not excellent. I found the main menu similar to those in other cities, but it lacked the specials that other restaurants have had. I do recommend this establishment as one of the better in the Mesa/Tempe/Chandler area.

• Visited September 2013
Asia Pacific
“Never been dissapointed”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here for the last 6 year and have never been dissapointed. The food is good and they make you feel at home. I have never been a fan of mexican food until i found abuelos. There is attention in every detail. Take for instance. Every dish that is served is served piping hot.

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious dining”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Do not miss the trademark potato sidedish that Abuelo's offers in addition to the standard rice side dish. The potatoes were creamy, gooey awesomeness. I couldn't decide between chicken or spinach filling for my meal, so the server suggested half and half and it was perfect! Ample portions meant no room for dessert. We ate in the first main room by the statue and enjoyed the ambiance and moderate noise level suitable for talking.

Visited July 2013