“Old historic district in Chandler - Kokopelli Bistro and Winery”
Review of Bistro at Kokopelli Winery - CLOSED

Bistro at Kokopelli Winery
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Crest Hill, IL
“Old historic district in Chandler - Kokopelli Bistro and Winery”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I made reservations for Saturday February 2, 2013 at 7 pm. We were told the entertainment would be jazz/blues and would start at 7 pm. We asked for a table close to the entertainment. We did arrive at 7 pm and the hostess Carmen is very outgoing and friendly. My husband found parking in an unpaved lot directly behind the Bistro with a hallway which led to the restaurant. (Note: there were tables in a single row beside the walkway). There was a 3 piece jazz/blues group setting up as we arrived. They sat us immediately at a table for 4 by the small area used for the entertainment. Our waiter was Collin and he was efficient and took time to explain the wines and food choices. I ordered the wine tasting which is 6 one ounce glasses of any of their wines on the list that you choose. Collin brought 3 at a time and explained which of my choices was being served. All of the wines were on the sweeter side especially the Sparkling Minosa (which did taste like a Minosa). My husband ordered a 6 ounce glass of Pinot Noir Reserve (which was excellent). The restaurant began to fill up and it looked like there were only two wait staff working that night. We decided to order when Collin brought the second set of 3 wine samples. I ordered the artichoke with crab meat appetizer ($9) The artichoke dip was warm (and slightly spicy) with cold crab meat on top. They served it with toasted bread wedges. I also ordered from the Tapas menu the Four Peaks Braised Short Rib which came over mashed potatoes. (It was ok but only had 1 boneless short rib for $7and I probably would not order again). My husband had the Merlot Braised Pot Roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables ($14). He thought it was very good and tender. After our meal we took a walk down the quaint street to the Hotel and back stopping at the Pizza restaurant for 2 ice cream cones. There were many other restaurants in the couple block old historic district which seemed filled with customers. All the restaurants were open and one shop which carried things made in Arizona and by artisians. Saba's Western Store is next door to Kokopelli's but was closed. Each building in this historic district has a plaque explaining what it had been in it's prime. Good place to people watch but other than eating and drinking not much else to do in the evening. We enjoyed our visit to the Bistro and this part of Chandler.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank VicBobCrestHill_IL

Chandler, Arizona
“Great wine, Great food, Fun Times!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been here a few different times. Sometimes it's for dinner, sometimes just drinks, and I've also been a participant in the Kokopelli Krush! This place really knows how to have a good time. I love the live music inside and really enjoy trying their different wines.

• Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Fun Way to Start an Evening in Chandler”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our party of four was scheduled to see a show at the Chandler Center for the Arts on a Saturday. So, we made reservations at Kokopelli for two hours prior We were cheerily greeted at our scheduled time and immediately seated. My in-laws and wife enjoyed their wine and meal selections. I enjoyed the bistro's beer (Four Peaks' Sunbru, Stone's Arrogant Bast*rd). My dinner was very good: caprese salad, pesto penne with shrimp, and cannoli. The pasta plate was big. Next time, my wife and I will split the pasta and a small salad. Our only complaint of the evening was that the noise level was too lively for normal conversation even before the live music started. We'll be back, though. The restaurant is about an 8-10 minute walk to the arts center and that's a good way to walk off dessert.

• Visited January 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Another Great Meal & Entertainment”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in Chandler and we made it to this restaurant twice. Food is incredible. Friday they serve prime rib that husband is still dreaming about. I love the blackened salmon with fresh roasted vegetables. The Bruschetta Boards (appetizer samplers) were awesome. We actually ordered and ate two of them. On one visit, the chef came out to see how we enjoyed our meals. This is place you need to come if you love wine. They have so many different types that they produce and sell that you are sure to find a few you really like. Carman (the hostess with the mostess) greets us with big hugs and is always making sure we are taken care of. The servers are super. They know all about the winery as well as the ingredients that go into their dishes. This is one of our favourite places to eat in Chandler. Gotta try it.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank dfedosoff
TBay, ON
“Nice meal and entertainment”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were met by a delightful lady, Carmen, who is the hostess. She was full of energy and welcomed us into the restaurant. We ordered the following:
1. Bruschetta sampler ($10) – two pieces of each of their bruschetta; all were excellent and very tasty
2. Mac and Cheese Souffle ($7) – two good sized wedges of mac and cheese pie, more than a soufflé; very tasty
3. Short ribs ($7) – served on a bed of mashed potatoes; nice flavour, but a bit sweet for my tastes
4. Prime Rib ($18) – at least a 10 oz portion of their garlic crusted prime rib; very tasty, served with cabernet gorgonzola and horseradish mayo, mashed potatoes and veggies; this was excellent and I would easily have this again anytime.

Re: wines – We tried the pinot noir and we felt it lacked much in the way of flavour and depth. The reserve cab was medium to full bodied with distinct notes of mocha. It paired nicely with the dinner and we did enjoy it.

For dessert, we had the bread pudding. It was excellent and reminded me of New Orleans.
The bistro has music Fridays to Sundays. This added another nice element to the evening. It's not the latest hot spot, but we would go back. Parking on the street is a challenge, but we did manage to finally find a parking lot behind a restaurant off one of the side streets.

• Visited December 2012