“Just okay for dinner… Thrives on Tourist Dollars”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #190 of 685 Restaurants in Chandler
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-10 East & Exit 162, Wild Horse Pass Blvd
Transit: Shuttle transportation between the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa and the Wild Horse Pass Casino & Hotel.
Description: “Rawhide Western Town & Event Center”. With a calendar full of banquets, concerts, festivals and Rawhide Signature Events such as Thanksgiving and Rawhide Snowy Christmas. A town filled with people, music, and fun! Starting with the 2017-2018 season, Rawhide will open to the public only when there is an event or festival taking place and not offer regular business hours open to the public. But rest assured…this Valley icon is not going anywhere! Rawhide has a calendar full of events for the public to enjoy and that full list is available at www.Rawhide.com. Rawhide will also be available for private and semi-private event bookings seven days a week. Guests can now customize
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I feel the need to start out saying my husband and I are healthy eaters and we have no problem shelling out big bucks for the meal experience. However, this place was just okay and not really worth the prices on the menu. The server was nice, but it took forever to verify whether or not I could eat there given my cumin allergy. We told him what we wanted to order and asked him to see if it was okay, but the food came out before he came back to tell us if I could eat it. When he stopped by to see if everything was okay, he said he forgot to tell us it was okay to eat it, but by then the food was cold. That was more of a server issue than a kitchen issue though. Until we tasted the food. My son had mini-corndogs and fries. The fries were great. I ordered essentially a bleu cheese wedge. It was a bleu cheese wedge, but the chipotle dressing was about the spiciest thing I have ever had. In fact, it was inedible. I scraped it to the side and still couldn't eat it. My husband ordered the BBQ Sampler. All three meats were overcooked terribly. Overall, the place was a gimmick in their little Western Town environment and we wouldn't go back… Ever. I'm going to guess they survive on tourist dollars because you go in thinking the whole experience will be better than it is and they get you when you pay $5 to park and get a $5 voucher for the restaurant.

2  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_K_TN

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We tried to eat there, after about 15 minutes the magician was kind enough to get us some drinks (he was really good). Too bad the rest of the service wasn't as good as the magic. Wait staff never came to our table. Excuse we got was they had a large party (about 10 people) that she was helping. That may have held some water if the restaurant had been busy but there were only a hand full of tables occupied in the whole restaurant.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

A little taste of the old west. You drive up to a huge parking lot as if your going to a fairground event. You walk through their main entrance and greeted by an old one road town which is filled with entertainers that depict old tyme gunslingers. A restaurant with BBQ which was average and the serving size huge. The bbq sampler couldve been split almost 3 ways defineitly 2. Strolling down the street you have a jail, mercantile, blacksmith and petting zoo. Kids can also zipline; rockclimb; ponyride. The part we like best was the gunslinger show. The actors were quite good and funny and you can tell that they love what they do. Again--a little hokey, but you have to do it once.

1  Thank sharon l
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We came here from out of town. Very disappointed with the quality of food. Had always wanted to try when it was located in Scottsdale, but never made it. There are better steakhouses in Phx area and one right up I-10. Cold dinner rolls and first time I have ever been served Ribs without any sauces and they did not include whips, extra napkins or a place for the bones. Salad was a disappointment, which was just iceberg lettuce. You will be charged $5 to park, but they give you a coupon for $5 off at the steakhouse, which I forgot about. Unfortunately they do not explain what the ticket was when they handed to you at the parking, so another person in our party put it on their windshield.

Nice that they have a band playing during dinner, not too loud, but then again we sat pretty far away. They also had a roving Magician that came around and did some tricks at your table. That was entertaining.

They open at 5pm in the Summer and we at at 6pm and the place was a ghost town. maybe only 5 other tables of folks in this pretty big restaurant.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We ate here twice. I had the salmon the first time and prime rib for Easter. I can't imagine the complaints. We had nothing but great food, great service, and fun atmosphere. It's a wide open space with plenty of tables. The acoustics are good. Guitar players both times we were there. Kids dancing. Food was outstanding. Wait-staff were friendly and accessible. I would absolutely eat here again. The prices are reasonable and much cheaper than the hotel. Service was timely. I wish I knew the names of our servers so I could mention them, but they were both great. Fun restaurant.