“Great pizza, incredibly indifferent service”
Review of Barro's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Barro's Pizza
Ranked #296 of 665 Restaurants in Chandler
Colorado Springs
“Great pizza, incredibly indifferent service”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Would you believe more than 25 minutes to get one large pizza at 2:00 p.m. on a Thursday afternoon in Chandler when only five people were in the restaurant? We waited and waited and waited. They had more staff than customers. But after 20 minutes we asked what was wrong: they muttered something (and it looked like they maybe just started making the pizza then). Nobody was apparently minding the store or the customers, but the staff seemed to be having a nice, easy time. The pizza was great; but the staff must be space cadets. Smiling, friendly airheads. Tried to make amends? Not at all. So if you want a good pizza, go there when you have all afternoon. Didn't leave a tip -- they earned what they got.

We'll be back when we have a couple of hours to spend on getting a pizza.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CJThomas

Chandler, AZ
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Barro's is always a good value, good selection of pizza toppings, fun atmosphere, always a busy place, great supporter of high school athletics, little league baseball and other sports, very family friendly

Visited October 2012
Lethbridge, Alberta
“Amazing pizza and wings”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

8 of us just got into Chandler, went looking for a place close to our rental and saw Barro's. Their pizza and wings are some of the best we have ever had. Everyone agreed their crust is amazing. Looks heavy but one bite and you go WOW, it's light and melts in your mouth. Good fast service and a nice atmosphere. We went in about 5pm and was only a couple of people inside, but was full by the time we left. Lots of people using take out. Good thing we don't live in Chandler because we would live at Barro's. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“Better than most”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Something about the real NY taste that the other chain pizza can't replecate

Visited February 2012
phoenix, az
“good pizza, disappointing sevice”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Visited new location at McQueen/Riggs. Was very excited to have a Barros in SE Chandler, and took family on Sunday for my daughters bd. We walked in around 4pm and there were no other customers, which was weird. We were greeted right away, and ordered 1 lrg, 1 med, 3 sodas, and 1 pitcher of bud light. $37 bucks. Ok, whatever. We sat down, and were taken back by the fact that 3 different tables were occupied by employees eating. ok, whatever. The young girl brought over our plates, which were wet. I started to hand them out but one plate had a smashed peice of pineapple on it. The girl came back and snatched the plate off the table. Came back with another one, tossed it on the table and walked away. No apology, no nothing. Now, I realize that I am at a pizza joint and dont expect 5 star service. But we are on a very tight budget and eat out very seldomly. So when I do go out to eat, I like to know that my business is appreciated, and expect to eat off of clean plates with clean silverware. Having said that, I understand that "things" happen. But I do expect the employee to at least apologize. Is that too much to ask? Considering that Barros is run by young people and teens, it might be. Now today, I have felt sick all day. Was it the pizza? maybe not. But I will not return to Barros. I doubt they'll miss my occasional business, but word of mouth can be deadly. Especially in a market where they are much more expensive than their competition. I'll stick to Bashas Brick Oven Pizza for 7 bucks.

• Visited September 2011