“Way too expensive”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Pecan Grove Restaurant
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food was expensive and nothing special. Pies were very expensive and not worth it. Bad location. Will not go back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We dropped in for lunch expecting a diner but it was a mom and pop atmosphere with very good home cooked food. The potroast was amazingly tender and flavorful. The fresh veggies were perfectly sauteed. The salad dressings were homemade and very tasty.

Our waiter Brandon was very enthusiastic and exceeded our expectations.

We are eager to go back and experience the Sunday brunch.

But don't miss the pie. We tried some there and took others home. The crusts were amazing. Even my teenage boys commented on the crust. The fruits were fresh and delicious. The sour cream marionberry was worth a trip just for that. One son said the apple was the best he had ever had. The butterscotch, normally a favorite, was just OK. The prices were unbelievable.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our first visit to this restaurant was not a great experience because of the noise around our booth, but we decided to give it another chance. Our second visit started out very pleasant. Our waitress was very friendly and we found good menu choices which came with side salads. We waited for quit a while and our salads didn't come. We tried to get the attention of our waitress, but we never caught her eye. Finally she came to our table with our entrees not our salads. She jokingly said that our meals were ready before she could get our salads ready. I told her that that was unacceptable and to take our entrees back and bring out our salads. She did not take me seriously until I started to leave at which time she complied. She apologized and immediately rectified the problem. However, when the owner came over and I explained the situation to him, he felt that there was no issue and that it was acceptable for the waitress to bring our entrees before our salad and started giving excuses for the mix up. He never apologized and he felt that I was in the wrong. I never asked for or expected any special discount, just an apology. Needless to say, I will never go back.

1  Thank Wayne D
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My steak salad was good, but the meatloaf looked like pate it was so finely ground. The pie was downright awful and tasted like Jello lemon pudding. Too bad because we need good restaurants in this area.

1  Thank majorfoodie
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went for breakfast with friends and it was really terrible. The place was pretty empty on a Sunday at 11am. The waitress got all our orders mixed up . One person never got her omelet until we were all finished. The waitress keep disappearing and we never got refills of coffee. The food was cold . You would think the owner would come by and at least apologize. The place advertised a free pie to a table that spent $30. They discontinued that offer, we never got one, They also had a brunch buffet which no one seem to want. They should at least hire decent help.

1  Thank Bobbie r