WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of KOLI Equestrian Center

KOLI Equestrian Center
Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Chandler
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not your average trail ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

It was nice because you didn't have to ride in a line. When you are an experienced rider, it's nice to have a little leeway on how to ride your horse.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Judy E

SLC, UT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great horseback riding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful experience with my business colleagues from experienced riders to completely inexperienced. Sylvia and Slim took great care of us. We saw jack rabbits, coyotes and a wild horse they call Henry. We did the one hour sunset ride. So peaceful, fun and safe! Horses are VERY well cares for....healthy and happy!

2 Thank Cameo124
Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great place to go horse back riding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just returned from Arizona. My husband is an experienced rider so he was looking for a place a step up from the usual trail rides. This is the place. Sylvia picked out a horse then took him to a enclosed area to watch him ride. She had him give the horse instructions and the horse followed his demand. They then went off into the desert together with Sylvia. He loved being able to trot with the horse and get some speed up. You normally can't do this at any other trail riding places due to their rules. Sylvia was great. She took water with her and was there just in case. Then even saw wild horses that roam the desert. He really enjoyed himself and for an hour it was $60. They also have trail rides for the less experienced riders. It is in Chandler on a Indian reservation.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank AussieOhio
Kemptville, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Excellent Company Outing at Koli Equestrian near Chandler, AZ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

When you spend several days in an office dealing with technology and computers, it's nice to do a group event that brings everyone back to the olden days. I booked a private ride for our group of seven; a 1 hour ride and included margaritas and nachos at the end of the ride. There was 2 guides. Other than myself, it was their first or second time on a horse. I had sent Koli the approximate heights and abilities for each rider so they were able to get ready the correct horses. Everyone looked well matched and comfortable. During our ride, we saw jack rabbits, a wild mustang, beautiful desert scenery and a coyote. It was mostly a walk only ride but two of us hung back a little on one section and were able to trot and lope a short distance. Horses were in good shape and very responsive. Even the new riders were able to turn the horses around and neck rein them easily. The facilities were clean and the process very professional. I had also went on a 2 hour solo ride a few days before and this ride was at a faster pace. This ride went out a lot further and I got to see the tall cactus and the wild horse herd. There was also a very narrow water crossing which my horse, Red, crossed with no issues. The weather was perfect and I would highly recommend this activity if you are in the Chandler area. It is also next to the Sheraton resort and casino and outlet malls.

Visited February 2014
6 Thank FoodandTea_Lover
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I am very hesitant to do trail rides because there are so many places that don't treat the horses well and you are stuck with sad horses that seem like they can't wait to get back from the head to tail trek. My experience with the Koli Equestrian Center was the exact opposite. They care about the horses and give riders a great riding experience. Our wrangler, Silvia, was fun and extremely knowledgeable of horses and the local culture. We got to see coyotes and ride side by side controlling the horses rather than being led back to the barn. It was a really great experience and I will go back!

Visited February 2014