“Great Kids Camp! Great Family Riding Experience!”

KOLI Equestrian Center
Ranked #2 of 43 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: KOLI Equestrian Center, located in the heart of the Gila River Indian Reservation and just minutes away from Downtown Phoenix, offers miles of breathtaking scenery and horseback riding trails that you and your family is sure to enjoy while visiting the Phoenix area. With wide open views and landscape, you just might be able to see the wild horses on a private horseback trail ride at Wild Horse Pass. Out here at KOLI Equestrian Center there is never any “head to tail” single line horseback riding. Everyone is spread out and can get to know each other along the way. Friendly, qualified wranglers will advise you of the surroundings and what you need to know about our well trained horses during your horseback riding adventure. If you are looking for relaxation and fun in the Phoenix area, KOLI Equestrian Center is the place to be. Book your horseback trail ride today where our knowledgeable wranglers and gentle horses are waiting for you… To avoid the Phoenix heat, we leave earlier in the day so you can enjoy your horseback trail ride. Whether it is Summer or Winter, within a 24 hour notice we can provide Private Horseback Trail Riding at any time. We recommend advance reservations to ensure your horseback ride time during your stay in Chandler or the Phoenix area. Contact us for the latest pricing. Please check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled horseback riding time for our group to depart promptly.
Lebanon, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Kids Camp! Great Family Riding Experience!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I put our children in their kids club every day for a week. It was our second trip back to Phoenix and the Koli Equestrian Center. It was the best thing that we ever did. My kids have been riding out here in NJ for a couple of years and learned more in Koli’s Kids Club for 90 minutes a day than they did during the whole time they have been taking lessons. The instructor assigned to them was named Fidel. We could not have asked for more. Fidel treated our kids like his own. They returned each day safe and more confident than the day before with great big smiles on their faces. They learned so much about the horses and proper communication between the horse and rider. They gained confidence and had a great deal of fun. They couldn’t wait till the next day. Fidel was a great mentor with a vast knowledge of natural horsemanship. We took several private rides during the week as a family and each one was super. What a great experience. Koli Equestrian really treated my family well. They know how to treat their customers. We had fun, we learned about their tribal lands and the wild horses. We can’t wait to visit Phoenix again. We could not imagine riding elsewhere. Whatever they are doing, they should keep on doing because they do it right. If you want a unique experience you definitely need to ask the folks at Koli Equestrian.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Donna D

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Good!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were picked up promptly from our hotel. Our guide was very informative on the reserve and helpful and put us at ease. There were some breath taking views on the trail and the horses were very well behaved. Definitely worth every dollar!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Frazer327
Hartland, WI
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Pleasant Ride”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went for the 8am 90 minute ride with 3 others and our guide, Sylvia. This was the first ride I've been on that we didn't have to be head-to-tail, which was really a nice change, made it a little more interesting. We could all hear Sylvia and talk to each other. I understand some other stables can't do this simply because of narrow trails, but here you're riding on flat open land, so you can spread out a little. Sylvia was very nice - she asked all of us about ourselves, and was very informative. She also asked if anyone wanted her to take photos of us with our horses at the end of the ride, that was a nice touch. I suggest calling them or using their website directions to find them; I used Mapquest and that didn't work so well. Overall a very nice, relaxing experience.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank PJG1102
Nantucket
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great introduction to the Arizona desert!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter and I recently rode at the Koli Equestrian Center. We were picked up promptly and greeted with smiles at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. Had already filled out the paperwork and we were saddled up for our ride in less than 15 minutes. Our guide, Kyle, was genuinely interested in making our experience match our expectations. We had a small group which made it even better. Saw a beautiful redtail hawk on her nest and then, an incredible sight - a wild stallion. We rode side by side, no tail to tail here and not just a walk. My horse, Duke, was out of sorts with his bit initially but Kyle calmed him down and I never felt anything less than safe. Would recommend the early morning ride as it was hot and sunny but still comfortable. Definitely a place we'd return to on our next visit to AZ.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank LizNantucket
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great way to have so fun and learn about the local Culture.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass and the Concierge, GiGi booked the trail ride for our family. We were picked up promptly at our hotel and transported to the Center. While release forms are being filled out and helmets passed out (optional with release waiver signed). I strongly recommend you use the restrooms, there are none on the trail and it is wide open desert. Sunscreen and a hat if not wearing a helmet are a must. You are then taken to the stable area and the guides pick horses according to skill and age. My husband and I hadn't ridden in a great number of years and our 7year old has never been. Silva got our son situated on "Stilts". She also rode along with him holding a rope attached to Stilts saddle. This made him very comfortable. We rode through the area for around an hour at a very leisurely pace. The was no galloping on this excursion. The guides were talkative and answered numerous questions along the way. There were 3 family's on our ride (total of 9 people) all different skill levels. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. When we got back the were cold bottles of water supplied before we departed back to the hotel. Our ride was at 10am and it was perfect, not hot or uncomfortable. I am sorry I cannot remember the two gentleman guides but they were very nice as well. However, Silva gets top ratings from my son! Thank you for a great time. If you are a more experienced rider, you may want to book a private trail ride.

Visited March 2013