“Pleasant Ride”

KOLI Equestrian Center
Ranked #2 of 45 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: KOLI Equestrian Center, located in the heart of the Gila River Indian Reservation and just minutes away from Downtown Phoenix, offers miles of breathtaking scenery and horseback riding trails that you and your family is sure to enjoy while visiting the Phoenix area. With wide open views and landscape, you just might be able to see the wild horses on a private horseback trail ride at Wild Horse Pass. Out here at KOLI Equestrian Center there is never any “head to tail” single line horseback riding. Everyone is spread out and can get to know each other along the way. Friendly, qualified wranglers will advise you of the surroundings and what you need to know about our well trained horses during your horseback riding adventure. If you are looking for relaxation and fun in the Phoenix area, KOLI Equestrian Center is the place to be. Book your horseback trail ride today where our knowledgeable wranglers and gentle horses are waiting for you… To avoid the Phoenix heat, we leave earlier in the day so you can enjoy your horseback trail ride. Whether it is Summer or Winter, within a 24 hour notice we can provide Private Horseback Trail Riding at any time. We recommend advance reservations to ensure your horseback ride time during your stay in Chandler or the Phoenix area. Contact us for the latest pricing. Please check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled horseback riding time for our group to depart promptly.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went for the 8am 90 minute ride with 3 others and our guide, Sylvia. This was the first ride I've been on that we didn't have to be head-to-tail, which was really a nice change, made it a little more interesting. We could all hear Sylvia and talk to each other. I understand some other stables can't do this simply because of narrow trails, but here you're riding on flat open land, so you can spread out a little. Sylvia was very nice - she asked all of us about ourselves, and was very informative. She also asked if anyone wanted her to take photos of us with our horses at the end of the ride, that was a nice touch. I suggest calling them or using their website directions to find them; I used Mapquest and that didn't work so well. Overall a very nice, relaxing experience.

5  Thank PJG1102
"well taken care"
"two sons"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My daughter and I recently rode at the Koli Equestrian Center. We were picked up promptly and greeted with smiles at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. Had already filled out the paperwork and we were saddled up for our ride in less than 15 minutes. Our guide, Kyle, was genuinely interested in making our experience match our expectations. We had a small group which made it even better. Saw a beautiful redtail hawk on her nest and then, an incredible sight - a wild stallion. We rode side by side, no tail to tail here and not just a walk. My horse, Duke, was out of sorts with his bit initially but Kyle calmed him down and I never felt anything less than safe. Would recommend the early morning ride as it was hot and sunny but still comfortable. Definitely a place we'd return to on our next visit to AZ.

2  Thank LizNantucket
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass and the Concierge, GiGi booked the trail ride for our family. We were picked up promptly at our hotel and transported to the Center. While release forms are being filled out and helmets passed out (optional with release waiver signed). I strongly recommend you use the restrooms, there are none on the trail and it is wide open desert. Sunscreen and a hat if not wearing a helmet are a must. You are then taken to the stable area and the guides pick horses according to skill and age. My husband and I hadn't ridden in a great number of years and our 7year old has never been. Silva got our son situated on "Stilts". She also rode along with him holding a rope attached to Stilts saddle. This made him very comfortable. We rode through the area for around an hour at a very leisurely pace. The was no galloping on this excursion. The guides were talkative and answered numerous questions along the way. There were 3 family's on our ride (total of 9 people) all different skill levels. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. When we got back the were cold bottles of water supplied before we departed back to the hotel. Our ride was at 10am and it was perfect, not hot or uncomfortable. I am sorry I cannot remember the two gentleman guides but they were very nice as well. However, Silva gets top ratings from my son! Thank you for a great time. If you are a more experienced rider, you may want to book a private trail ride.

3  Thank Christine P
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After some research and email inquiries we booked a trail ride for our family (including 10 y/o daughter and 11 y/o son) for mid-March. My initial emails were always answered promptly and provided us with the necessary information to go ahead and book our ride.

We were picked up promptly at the hotel by our wrangler, Gary. He was very accommodating and provided our family with just the right level of encouragement and praise. My wife was a bit of a reluctant rider but Gary made her feel at ease and she had a terrific time on Cochese. Gary also shared lots of information about the area and was always ready and willing to answer any of my (many) questions! Our ride was very relaxed and we enjoyed meandering through the desert while learning about the plants and wildlife.

Koli is top-notch -- right from my first email inquiry until the time that Gary dropped us back at our hotel. I thought this would be a 'once in a lifetime' experience for our family but after our experience with Koli I'll definitely look to work in a visit during another family vacation. We'll also be recommending Koli to any of our Canadian friends that make the trek to Phoenix in the future.

1  Thank smitty1295
See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were staying at the Arizona Grand and inquired on activities in the area. After a three day conference, we were ready for some fun and horseback riding sounded like a dream! A prompt pick up at the resort had us on our way. Our guide picked horses according to our ability (hadn't ridden in 30 years) and we were on our way! Our guide was wonderful giving information about what we were seeing and answering all our questions. It was incredibly relaxing to view the scenery and just being on a horse. We saw jack rabbits, lizards, a wild horse, and Gambel's quail. This was my first time out west and it was beautiful - especially the mountains in the distance. Seeing the desert up close was fascinating and we had a wonderful time! Many thanks to the good people who run Koli for an enjoyable outing.

1  Thank OmaK0809