“Great experience (from start to finish)”

KOLI Equestrian Center
Ranked #2 of 43 things to do in Chandler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: KOLI Equestrian Center, located in the heart of the Gila River Indian Reservation and just minutes away from Downtown Phoenix, offers miles of breathtaking scenery and horseback riding trails that you and your family is sure to enjoy while visiting the Phoenix area. With wide open views and landscape, you just might be able to see the wild horses on a private horseback trail ride at Wild Horse Pass. Out here at KOLI Equestrian Center there is never any “head to tail” single line horseback riding. Everyone is spread out and can get to know each other along the way. Friendly, qualified wranglers will advise you of the surroundings and what you need to know about our well trained horses during your horseback riding adventure. If you are looking for relaxation and fun in the Phoenix area, KOLI Equestrian Center is the place to be. Book your horseback trail ride today where our knowledgeable wranglers and gentle horses are waiting for you… To avoid the Phoenix heat, we leave earlier in the day so you can enjoy your horseback trail ride. Whether it is Summer or Winter, within a 24 hour notice we can provide Private Horseback Trail Riding at any time. We recommend advance reservations to ensure your horseback ride time during your stay in Chandler or the Phoenix area. Contact us for the latest pricing. Please check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled horseback riding time for our group to depart promptly.
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience (from start to finish)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

After some research and email inquiries we booked a trail ride for our family (including 10 y/o daughter and 11 y/o son) for mid-March. My initial emails were always answered promptly and provided us with the necessary information to go ahead and book our ride.

We were picked up promptly at the hotel by our wrangler, Gary. He was very accommodating and provided our family with just the right level of encouragement and praise. My wife was a bit of a reluctant rider but Gary made her feel at ease and she had a terrific time on Cochese. Gary also shared lots of information about the area and was always ready and willing to answer any of my (many) questions! Our ride was very relaxed and we enjoyed meandering through the desert while learning about the plants and wildlife.

Koli is top-notch -- right from my first email inquiry until the time that Gary dropped us back at our hotel. I thought this would be a 'once in a lifetime' experience for our family but after our experience with Koli I'll definitely look to work in a visit during another family vacation. We'll also be recommending Koli to any of our Canadian friends that make the trek to Phoenix in the future.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank smitty1295

Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable and Relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were staying at the Arizona Grand and inquired on activities in the area. After a three day conference, we were ready for some fun and horseback riding sounded like a dream! A prompt pick up at the resort had us on our way. Our guide picked horses according to our ability (hadn't ridden in 30 years) and we were on our way! Our guide was wonderful giving information about what we were seeing and answering all our questions. It was incredibly relaxing to view the scenery and just being on a horse. We saw jack rabbits, lizards, a wild horse, and Gambel's quail. This was my first time out west and it was beautiful - especially the mountains in the distance. Seeing the desert up close was fascinating and we had a wonderful time! Many thanks to the good people who run Koli for an enjoyable outing.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank OmaK0809
Midwest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great ride with the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

From scheduling the ride to the pick-up in the Sheraton lobby to the ride itself, the Koli team was great. We took our 7 and 10-year old on a group ride one day and a private ride on another. The horses were beautiful and well cared for. The wranglers were helpful and friendly. The ride through the desert was beautiful. Make sure to tell you them if you have ridden before to help them to pick out the right horse. A great way to spend part of the day

Visited February 2013
1 Thank neutron02
Mesa, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“trailride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The morning started off rocky because we weren't picked up at the hotel-don't know if the mix up was the hotel's fault or Koli's, but one of the bell boys quick ran us over to the Koli center when we inquired about it. They didn't have small stirups for my 10 year old, they only had snap on stirups to add to the saddle. One of them broke during my daughters ride, but other than that the ride was enjoyable and instructors were kind.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank custravel_4
Lebanon, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tailored Excitement for the youngest to oldest family members!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I took our two children 7 & 9 on vacation during the Christmas break to Wild Horse Pass in Arizona. It was our first time to Arizona and our dream to ride in the desert. We booked two trail rides. The first was with the group. There were all different level riders and all age groups. Having been on trail rides before and having served as a guide in my youth, I was very impressed at the level of professionalism. They put the safety of the riders first, with a guide placed closed to the youngest and least experienced riders. They let nothing get past them. Everyone came back with nice things to say, happy and laughing. Our private ride was even better. We were taken out on a different trail in search of the wild horses. We spent time chatting with the guide and learning about the reservation and the creatures that inhabit the land. We trotted as much as my 7 year old requested and at a safe pace. I am a cautious person when it comes to horses and I felt very secure especially with the guide who never left my 7 year-olds side. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and horses at Koli Equestrian. We came away feeling like we have gained new friendships and cannot wait to go back so we can ride every day and add private lessons to our agenda.

Visited December 2012