“Never Again”
Review of The Good Egg - CLOSED

The Good Egg
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Good Egg, focused on providing memorable food and service egg-sperience every time you visit. We source many of our ingredients locally and regionally to bring you the freshest, tastiest food we can. Our full menu is available daily and includes many classic options, specialty options, healthy options or Southwest options made just for you! Come on in and egg-speriance it all!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Again”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We must be insane because we keep trying this place in light of the bad experiences. This was the last time. We have lived in the local area for over 10 years and have tried this breakfast place at least 10 times since they opened. The food has always been average but it is deceiving because the place is always busy on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Not only is the food quality average, the food preparation is horrible which is odd because how can you mess up eggs? The only part worse than this is the service. We had a new waiter and he was nice and tried very hard but if the rest of your "team" doesn't try, you will lose. From the girl at the cash register, to the other waitresses, to the managers, it seemed they could care less if you are paying to eat their mediocre food. This last experience was horrible, but I am so grateful for the eye opener because I will never waste another second or another penny at this place. We ordered OJ, ice tea and water for the girls as well as our food because we knew from the past, the wait for food could be long. My wife ordered eggs benedict and a small cup of soup, I ordered an egg sandwich with sausage patty and cheese on a croissant. We ordered the kids one meal to split with scrambled eggs and a couple silver dollar pancakes...nothing too complicated. We were seated a bit after 10:00 AM and at about 10:37 AM we asked our waiter if our food was coming and he said they were backed up and apologized for the wait. When our food finally came, they only brought my wife's eggs benedict and her soup. We then had to wait another five minutes for my order which was wrong. They brought me an egg sandwich with bacon instead of sausage patties. I saw the mistake immediately and asked them if they could correct it. They then brought me the wrong order again this time with sausage but they forgot the cheese. I was going to eat it anyway but the egg was just about room temperature and I could then tell it had been sitting in the kitchen. The kids food then finally came and their pancakes were hard and the eggs were cold. Amazing how bad you can mess up some eggs. The glaring problem is a lack of customer service. It just seems like none of the restaurant's employees care one bit. The kitchen employees don't care if the orders are right nor do they care if it is prepared properly. The wait staff and managers obviously don't care. When we left we went to the cashier who ignored us so I took the girls to get them in their car seats and my wife waited to pay the bill. The manager told her she "comped" our meals but the funny part is that I wouldn't have eaten any of it if they paid me. Their was nothing to "comp" because we left 90% of it on the table. I may have drank half of my OJ and fed my daughters a couple bites of card board pancakes and cold scrambled eggs. I am amazed that they are so busy on Saturday and Sunday morning. My wife normally does our reviews of local restaurants but I was so disgusted with this last visit to "The Good Egg" (oxymoron at best) that I felt compelled to say something so the next family does not wasted over an hour of their weekend to be served cold eggs, the wrong order and the exact opposite of a smile.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Miklesian

Chandler, Arizona
“Reliable For A Good Breakfast”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We've eaten here quite a few times for breakfast. The food and service are good most of the time, however, that can be hit or miss. Our last experience was fair and the food wasn't accurate. We've been probably 10 times and the other experiences we had were relatively good. Just because we had one bad experience we will continue to go back because its inexpensive, quick and usually delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Chandler, Arizona
“what happened?”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We use to go to the Good Egg every sunday. We loved it. That was until 2 years ago and everything changed. The wait staff and manager were all different. And the food just went down hill. And the prices went up. So haven't been back in a long time.

Visited May 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
“Good breakfast place”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice place with a country farmhouse atmosphere/decor. Breakfast came quickly and was tasty. Can't complain. I'd go back for breakfast :)

• Visited May 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
“great food...fast too”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A little hard to find without GPS...but ,worth the hunt.
The menu caters to everyone's taste. and with the pitcher of water and thermos of coffee right on the table...you would be hard pressed to need any refills
The portions are generous and made to perfection using local farmers...
NO, I don't work for them...I do like what they're doing

Visited May 2013