“Good service, average food, slow night”
Review of Dos Gringos

Dos Gringos
Ranked #403 of 695 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Welcome to Dos Gringos Chandler, a local and family owned establishment since 1996. If you’re into Tacos, Mexican Food, Drinks, Parties, Outdoor Patios, and having a blast with your friends playing oversized giant Games well, you’ve come to the right spot. Our motto, “It’s Not Just a Taco Joint, It’s Lifestyle”. We have a lot a bit for just about anybody, and we’re dog friendly too. You can say we have a huge heart for our furry friends, ask your server or bartender for a Dos Gringos doggy bowl. Enjoy our three locations in Mesa, Chandler, and Tempe! We hate to brag, okay we don’t, but we have large patio areas featuring HDTV’s, Bags Tournaments, Specials Daily, Indoor Seating, & Misters to keep you cool during the summer days. Our friendly staff is ready to serve you during happy hour, day drinking, or a night out in the valley. We’re open 11am to 2am daily, we open early on specific occasions. See you soon!
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Knowing I was going to be in the Chandler area on business I scoped out any potential restaurants with a bit of night life, and saw that Dos Gringos matched that description. I visited after 8pm on a Monday night and it was extremely dead. The server was very polite and attentive, the bartender mixed good drinks, and the food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. The biggest issue I had was the volume level of the music. It was so loud it was distorted and I had trouble talking to the person across the table from me. Honestly, you'd go deaf if you worked here or visited nightly. I'm sure this may be a great place with a full crowd but I wasn't impressed with my visit. The best characteristic I could discern was the open patio style on a nice cool evening with a breeze.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

A group of friends an I went here for a get together. We were really displeased with our service. Not only did it take forever to get drinks and food, it took the waitress forever to bring a rag over so that we could wipe down the dirty table. She never did bring the chips and salsa that were ordered by another couple that was with us, so they left before she actually realized she didn't bring it to them. I chose this location because it was a good meeting location of everyone who was to attend, but will never visit there again. The service was terrible.

1  Thank Kristin O
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have always loved the ambiance at this restaurant. It is a large open-air restaurant with colorfully decorated tables, chairs and walls giving a very authentic Mexican beach town bar and restaurant. Very casual dining. Menu is varied and priced to just right. On a recent visit we were a large group with lots of children. Our server was amazing. She not only got all of our orders correct, but she kept track of them when we moved around and she prepared separate checks for each family! The children loved the game room area with billiard table, large building blocks and bean bag game - it was the perfect spot for a family gathering. We arrived early to avoid the nighttime crush and the adult scene. The only reason that I'm rating the restaurant a 4-star is because the margarita was horrible. Served in a plastic cup all I could taste was the 'margarita sour mix'. I went to the bar to ask for another shot of tequila and the barmaid was busy trying to adjust the TV volume for over 5 minutes and didn't notice me. Oh well. I would recommend sticking with beer or wine.

1  Thank Alicia M