“Nothing special on the food but a nice place to enjoy a beer with your buddies”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #265 of 678 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I find these place more of a good happy hour spot to be around a nice staff and other patrons.

Their food quality is average at best to me. I have never enjoyed a steak at this place and find that darn bloomin onion and side sauce horrible. To each their own.

I will go back to enjoy drinks at the bar or the tall tables around the bar area but not to eat.

1  Thank arizonaac

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A visit to this restaurant always finds good, friendly service with quality food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been ordering from Outback Steakhouse for years now. What I have noticed about the food is that it is becoming low quality. The kookaburra wings have changed from a few years back. They use to be pretty big now they are no bigger than an average chicken wing with about the same flavor. I also ordered the Porterhouse steak and that seems to have become a low quality steak as well. It was pretty tough. I don't know if all outbacks are like this one but I hope things get better. On the plus side the staff is very friendly and helpful. I hope the quality of food returns to this location someday.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had not been to an Outback Steakhouse for years. Now I can say I have been to one more recently. (This says a lot about the overall experience - kind of ho-hum.)

I decided to go with the 8 oz "Outback Special", a lean sirloin, cooked in the "classic" style (as opposed to the "wood-fire" style), medium. The steak was actually quite good, though a little chewy, but that was due mostly to the leanness, I expect. The house salad had an unexpected off flavor that reminded me of some kind of strong cheese. The grilled asparagus tasted weird, like maybe they had marinated it in "liquid smoke" before grilling it.

The restaurant itself was nice and clean. My server was attentive and friendly, which is a plus. But overall, Outback is mainly predictable. Not great. But you know what you're going to get when you go.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Outback Steakhouse has a really nice 16oz rib eye steak that Cris and I split each time we visit. We get two dinner salads to go with it and we are in and out for about $20 plus drinks. When we want a good quick steak cooked to perfection we go to Outback most times. It is really close to home.