“Quaint Local Wine Bar”

Pesto's Pizza Pasta & Calzone
Ranked #45 of 685 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A recent visit to Pesto's was truly a pleasure. It was a Friday night and bustling with people, yet we were able to find ample space to sit at the bar. We were only there to enjoy the wine, but the food that was being served around us, looked so delicious! To begin, they served us some water with a slice of cucumber in it (which I thought was different and refereshing!). There were finger snacks at the bar to enjoy while sipping our wine. They offered us many choices from their wine list in various price ranges. We will definitely be going back, but next time to enjoy the food!

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I used to be a regular at this restaurant because the food is that good and the menu that varied. (The antipasto salad is especially good as is the white pizza pie.) But they've redecorated with the emphasis more on the wine bar than the restaurant. The decor is lovely, but the high tables with high bar stools are very uncomfortable and there are only a few low tables with comfortable chairs. Take my advice and call in advance to reserve one of the good tables. Atmosphere can be a bit noisy too.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been going here for years. Pesto's has remodeled and upgraded itself in the last couple years to a rather classy wine bar and restaurant. Displays of wine is the focus in both the bar and dining areas. It is one of those smaller places that hasn't been discovered by everyone yet, so you can be part of the secret. Great for dates or small groups/families.

I highly recommend their dinner salad and house (Italian) dressing as a starter. For a small diner salad it is loaded with just the right toppings and amount of dressing. Pizza and calzones are big here, but there are plenty of excellent entrees. Try the Pasta Greek for a taste of something you won't get a Olive Garden.

I won't give this place a 5 stars only because it is located in a non-descript strip mall, but its still a great place.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Not a fancy place, but a great little local wine bar with an excellent selection and delicious casual food.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I love Italian food and it took me a while to find good Italian food in the Phoenix area. The food here is great, it reminds me of New York style Italian food. The house sauce is really good on pasta and their pizza. My favorite is their house salad with the house dressing.

Most meals will run you at least $15 for pasta dishes, which is pricier than I think they should be. So expect to pay about $30 per person if you drink a glass of wine or two and add a salad to your meal. Service is usually just so, so they tend to be slow and terrible at refilling drinks.

They recently remolded the restaurant and the atmosphere is more like a wine bar. I usually see the male owner when I am there and he is always working hard and very nice.