“Good food with ok service and value”

Pesto's Pizza Pasta & Calzone
Ranked #42 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food with ok service and value”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I love Italian food and it took me a while to find good Italian food in the Phoenix area. The food here is great, it reminds me of New York style Italian food. The house sauce is really good on pasta and their pizza. My favorite is their house salad with the house dressing.

Most meals will run you at least $15 for pasta dishes, which is pricier than I think they should be. So expect to pay about $30 per person if you drink a glass of wine or two and add a salad to your meal. Service is usually just so, so they tend to be slow and terrible at refilling drinks.

They recently remolded the restaurant and the atmosphere is more like a wine bar. I usually see the male owner when I am there and he is always working hard and very nice.

• Visited March 2012

Noblesville, Indiana
“Mixed Feelings, won't return”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Had not been to Pesto's in over 5 years, so decided to go there to see what we might have been missing. My daughter and I ordered pasta dishes and my husband ordered pizza. Food arrived and my husband sprinkled a few of the red pepper flakes on his pizza - big mistake! They were so hot he could not eat his pizza. The kitchen manager came out and said their red pepper flakes were fresh, therefore much hotter than other places. My husband even tried scrapping all the toppings off and just eat the crust, but even that didn't work. When the bill came and there was nothing taken off, no apologies that he couldn't eat his meal, no free dessert offer, nothing. With all of the restaurants to choose from in our area, this type of customer service does not warrant a future return visit.

Cute place, wine is about $1 more than other wine bars, be very cautious with the red pepper flakes on the table.

• Visited March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great neighborhood restaurant / wine bar”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat dinner and have a glass of wine while our daughter attended a school event across the street. We felt very welcome from the moment we walked in the door. The food was good as was the service in the main restaurant area. Later we moved into the bar and found a great selection of wines by the glass and by the bottle as well as a full bar. The ladies behind the bar were very knowledgeable and quite friendly. We will definitely return.

• Visited January 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“good pizza, nice happy hour”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

nice selection of wines @ the wine bar & good pizza, too

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty in Pink Party”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Great neighborhood restaurant / wine bar with personal attention from a family run business! An evening of pink and pampering to fight breast cancer and represented by a team from Luxe Salon and Spa for manicures, pink hair extensions and chair massage! A good time was had by all!

• Visited October 2011