“Unamazing”

Rudy's
Ranked #5 of 664 Restaurants in Chandler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Our pits are 100% wood fired with oak, a slower burning wood than the mesquite used by others. Along with time and oak, we cook with a dry spice that ensures each plate of Rudy's Bar-B-Q is perfectly ready for you. Apply some of our famous "Sause" and dinner is served.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Unamazing”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Metal chairs, butcher paper for plates, food by the pound which allows them to provide (charge) more than you ask for, signs which say "your mother doesn't work here, pick up after yourself", weak side dishes. Yep, this isn't real Texas bbq.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ksgggg

New Market, Maryland
“Great food and the show never stops”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We loved Rudy's, which we visited the night we got to town. The food is simple and extremely good and the ambiance is very down to earth. The clientele seems to range from college kids to folks wandering in off the desert (who are probably millionaires in disguise). I had a pork loin sandwich my partner had a barbeque and we shared a small potato salad. The sandwiches come unadorned and two types of sauces are available at the tables (hot and hotter). The potato salad and other sides are available in a cooler in styrofoam cups. Everything was fresh and tasty. Rudy's stocks a variety of soft drinks, iced tea (sweet and unsweet) and beer. The wall signs are a hoot! There is also a store where you can buy tee shirts (such as one that says "I didn't claw my way up the food chain to eat vegetables). The staff was very patient (with two easterners) and pleasant and while there were lines they moved fast.

Visited September 2012
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“The Best In AZ, but ok in Texas.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Being from Texas it has been pretty hard to find a good BBQ place in AZ. I have tried all the so called best places in the area and none of them come close to Rudy's. Rudy's is the fast food BBQ place in Texas. The original location is still the best Rudy's but others will do. If you ever enter a place with pulled brisket, RUN. They do that so they can add water in it all day to keep it moist. You will not find that at Rudy's. They serve sliced brisket by the pound. I have been several times and have seen different quality of BBQ. I am hoping with time they will become more consistent. I order the moist brisket, but ask for it on the leaner side and burnt ends. The banana pudding and peach cobbler (the only real cobbler in my book) are worth saving some room.

Phoenix
“Good Texas BBQ”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I and another couple wanted to try Rudy's since it's grand opening a couple months ago, so we did for dinner. Upon entering, we were greeted by a very nice girl who asked if this was our first time and we said yes and she proceeded to explain to us what to do. So we stood in line and picked what we wanted from the menu on the board. The meat portions are measured and you can choose more or less when they weigh it which was nice since I wanted less. There are no plates and the meat is placed on butcher paper and your order is placed in a basket which you carry to your table. The dining rooms consists of long picnic tables, no individual tables. There is a condiment bar where you grab your plasticware, onions, pickles, etc. Rudy's offers two kinds of bbq sauce, Rudy's original or Rudy's "sissy" bbq sauce. Both are very good with a slight kick. The brisket, sausage, potato salad and cole slaw are all very very good. We would dfinitely go back and dine there again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Pit BBQ!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had heard about Rudy's from a co-worker so we decided to give it a try. It is very casual, order your food at a counter and take it to your table. The employees are very friendly and will offer you samples of anything. Restaurant is clean and there are plenty of family style tables. The meats are cooked in a pit BBQ in house and you can buy them by the pound. They have a nice crust to them from the rub. The turkey was a bit salty but it was moist. The brisket was a bit dry. The green chili stew is very tasty. They offer free refills on fountain drinks/ice tea and have sweet tea (a BBQ must). They have regular and what they call "sissy" BBQ sauce on the table. I found them both to be a bit spicy. At the bottled beverage area, you grab a metal bucket, fill it with ice and your choice of beverage in a glass bottle (beer is also available). There is an area with pickles, onions and peppers also. Don't forget to fill your drink cup to take home. I noticed they also offer catering. I really like the option of buying the meat by the pound to bring home.