Open today: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great indoor spot for kids

Reviewed September 22, 2018
daynimo
via mobile
Dirty, worn-out, shrieking kids

Reviewed March 21, 2018
Becca K

All reviews pizza kids play zip line jungle gym play area is great run around fun place groupon blast littles grandkids bracelet az
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We spent a few hours at this indoor playground and the kids loved it. Wonderful decorated tree house with lots of slides and climbing areas to burn off the kids energy. We ate lunch which included pizza which was nothing special but the Indian simosas were terrific and they have draft beer which was a surprise. We would head back for a special occasion and this would be a great spot for a birthday party.

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

I went here this morning with my two year old daughter for storytime. She had so much fun! She loved dancing to the music and doing the Shaker Eggs. Then, She could run around and play, climb and slide. In air-conditioning! She got very adventurous and brave. I couldn't believe how Brave she was! Some of the heights scared me a little. But she went down those slides and climbed through the obstacles like it was nothing. Awesome day for both of us! Now she's taking a long nap! We did get lunch here too and she ate most of her personal cheese pizza! That was impressive! My jalapeño poppers were pretty good also. We will be back!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

First, our daughter enjoyed herself in the toddler area. She is almost 4, but likes calmer environs and just couldn't handle the main climbing area for long. There were several children shrieking at the top of their precious little lungs nearly continuously. I can't believe their parents didn't tell them to knock it off. A zipline-type thing to hang on REALLY needs lubrication (yikes it was LOUD!). Lots of running and quick-moving older kids meant we spent most of the time in the toddler area. Probably too boring for some little kids, but our daughter loved it because there was nobody else in that area so she had free reign, and she wasn't worried about being run over by bigger kids running around like maniacs. Maybe someday she'll get up the gumption to be on the maniacs, but if not, we probably won't be returning here. I wasn't impressed at all with cleanliness or repairs - noticed quite a few things that were broken or shoddy.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and thought this was a great way for our 3 kids to blow off steam. Website boasted their wonderful arcade. Superior workers. And great food. We went on Friday night. My kids were so excited when they saw they play place. There was a line of about 10 families waiting to get in. We waited about 20 minutes as there was only one worker at the front desk. Bathrooms were disgusting. Toilets overfilled and a few were closed. Play areas seemed okay and the kids played for a few hours and seemed to have a good time. The bungee jump was not open and no plans to open it so that was disappointing. We bought a ticket for tokens when we arrived but no one was manning the arcade. Took 30 minutes
For the woman at the front desk to find someone. Got our tokens and and first 4 games didn’t work. Then the next 2 the games froze. We asked about fixing Them and the woman said she was sorry but they couldn’t get them fixed fast enough. I told them they should put them out of order. We got through 50 tokens and it cools my even get us a small prize. All the decent prizes were over 1000 tickets. We went to order food and was told it was a 45 minute wait. We let the kids play and went over at about 35 minutes and the food was already at our table and it was cold. Pretty disappointed. We are in this area at least 4 times a year and we will never come back.

5  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed December 7, 2017

Probably a fun place for six years old and older. Tree houses are difficult at access for younger children. Would be nice if there was a stairway and not just ladders etc. Very small toddler area with very little to do. Few soft building blocks that was damaged. Carpet is very dirty considering babies crawl on it. Would not recommend for under school age children

1  Thank Bunda2013
Kiran V, Manager at Makutu's Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Sorry that you chose to do a 2-star. Disney built the structure and they have used the crawl and climb theme. It is designed to trigger and help multiple movements. For younger guests, we have toddler area that has the similar theme going at a smaller scale. We encourage families to play with their children. We do have carpet cleaned daily. We will have the supervisor review the area you mentioned. Hope you can come back and enjoy soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

We decided to visit Makutu's today. I took my 11 year old and 5 year old. I was very disappointed. In the past they had workers all around the play area. But today they did not! I only saw one guy walk around in a vest. I felt like I was working, having to monitor kids that were being mean or screening at the top of their lungs. Both my boys came away disappointed in how crazy the other kids were being. I think this place is a lot of fun but they need more workers.

1  Thank Davina A
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Makutu's Island is a great place for kids to run about, explore the big tree with slides, small zip line, mesh tunnels and lots of places to climb and have fun. My grandkids spent 3 hours and would have spent more if we had had time. You are not allowed to bring food or drinks so that needs to be purchased inside. The food is snack bar type items and pizza. Lots of fried things but you can get a salad. The prices are not great and for the four of us with drinks cost about $35. 4 drinks, 2 bugers, 2 fries, a salad and jalapeno poppers. The food is not terrible but could use some improvements. The kids didn't care about the food, would have liked to stay and had a wonderful time. We adults enjoyed watching them and using the free wifi in the cafe. We used Groupon for a discount. So for 4 people the entrance fee was 20$ including the Groupon fee of $1.01. We will go again.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

So we get there and get our bracelets very organized. We head in and the kids are very happy looks like paradise at first I am a bit frantic because I cannot keep an eye on them at all very easy to loose them in this jungle gym. But it seems like a safe space. My girls want to do the bungee so I say of course I almost pass out when they tell me how much it cost for 3 minutes!!! I have 2 kids and it's so expensive. Then these young adults working the bungee ride don't even look like they have much experience. Your child basically if never on one needs the first minute to understand how the ride works then the next 2 minutes goes way too fast it's a joke for your money. Next you can't bring in your own water bottles. My children are sweating and drink a lot of water so I go to the cafeteria and think ok I will get more for my money with the family bottle of water and get plastic cups. No they don't give out plastic cups as they can't control whether you are filling up any cola drinks!!! They didn't bother telling me there was a water fountain by the bathrooms either!!! So I ended up getting water bottles 4 small ones for the family so each had their own. Then I saw the water fountain when I had to use the bathroom. So thought I would share this with everyone. Overall my kids had a great time it was me that was annoyed and complained to them in private first and got basically an annoying response. So go have fun but go with the knowledge I am giving you of these 2 things.

3  Thank Carolyn O

We are very happy to note that your family had a great time. We have updated our policies with water cups and also bungee. You will be impressed with the changes this time around.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

We have been here twice already this year. We take my nieces for a special treat. It is indoors and nice and cool. That is a huge plus for AZ summers. They have things to do for all ages of kids. My kids outgrew this place a long time ago but manage to run around with the littles. They are too tall but do their best. My nieces are 4& 6. That age is perfect and a bit older. Especially if your kids like to climb and slide. There is a lot for them to do and a restaurant to grab a bite or take a break at in between. We stay for hours. Check out Groupon, sometimes you can catch it on there. But prices are decent regardless.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

What a great place for kids to burn off energy and explore! Lots of slides, ladders, peepholes, tree trunks, etc. The pizza was good and the cost was comparable to other pizza places.