“Deteriorating. Slowly.”

67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Deteriorating. Slowly.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Makutu's is a place that can be dangerous because there are so many children. But lately adults have become a problem. It is shameful that adults get on the tunnels and slides wearing shoes.

in the past, there were advantages to Makutu's, which is not inexpensive. One is the indoors air conditioning, essential in the Arizona Summer. But then, why not go to McDonalds's, which is free? In theory, because Makutu's has supervising personnel and is cleaner. But when there is not enough personnel and stupid adults are putting children in danger by wearing sandals and shoes, where is the personnel? Unless they are ready to stand by the rules, the personnel is useless and Makutu's is just another unsafe, noisy place.

It is a shame, we need more good, safe places for children in the hot Arizona Summer.

Visited February 2013

“first time here”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

it was a fun place for the kids. it was a little dirty, staff was ok . I don't know why they give us wrist bans if they don't even check the names on them. food is not all that great. But over all it was fun. I did enjoy playing with my kids there. thank goodness I bring disinfecting wipes ever where I go. lol. I will go again with my kids and wipes.

Visited February 2013
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Age appropriate”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My kids love to attend birthday parties here. Plenty of adventures and activities. We had my 5 year old's birthday party here and it was very age appropriate. It is NOT designed for toddlers or babies because there are a lot of children running around and flying down the slides. They also have an arcade that has better games than Peter Piper. Great, fun, out of the ordinary spot!

Visited April 2012
Gilbert, AZ
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great for little ones!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Unfortunately my girls are too big to enjoy Makutu's any longer, but when they were small enough, we visited often. We had my daughter's birthday party here one year as well. So much fun to run around all the different areas, climb, zip line, and just get rid of their energy!

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice Indoor Tree House”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Kids love this place. It has a 3-4 story high tree house that the kids enjoy climbing in. It is big. Parents with little kids will have to follow them on their adventure and maybe include a slide down from 3 flights up. They have rooms for Birthday parties and includes a visit from Makutu himself. Kids will be running a lot at Makutu's Island.

Visited December 2011