“Great place for kids.”

Ranked #4 of 24 Fun & Games in Chandler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I took our 5 year old and 3 year old there a few times while were were vacationing. We went during the week so it was relatively quiet. The kids had an absolute blast. My husband and I decided to get in and play with them and GOODNESS it was a workout! Bottom line, it's a lot of fun. If you want to get the kids to bed early, take them there for a few hours!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"bracelet"
"az"

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I visited Makutu's Island with my 4 year old daughter and two of her 4 year old friends and their mothers. We got there at opening (10 a.m. summer hours). It was not too crowded. What first impressed us was how clean it was. This place is huge; there is so much to do there and plenty of seating for parents. The girls had a blast on all the climbing structures and slides. My daughter's favorite was the zip line, she must have done that 25 times. The zip line is manned by a staff member who lets the kids step on their knee to reach it and helps them as needed - nice! There are staff all over the place, making sure everything is going smoothly. Many of the staff appeared to be in their late teens. They were the nicest, most polite kids' venue staff we've encountered. My friend commented that it was like being at Chick-fil-a (known for their customer service). We ate at the cafe. The kids meal chicken nuggets were real white meat. The meal came with 5 decent-sized pieces, a generous helping of fries, a drink, and a cookie for $5.50. I had the flatbread pizza, which was good and $6.49. My drink was a little pricier at $2.25 for a medium and $.50 for a refill. The staff in the cafe was excellent as well. The girls played a few games a redeemed tickets for prizes. The bathroom has a few stalls with small toilets for little ones plus shorter sinks. There is also a movie room for those who want a break. We stayed 4.5 hours and my daughter didn't want to leave. What a fun, cool way to get exercize in the Arizona heat. It was definitely worth the $8.50 admission price for my daughter. Adults are $3.50, which I got for free due to an Entertainment book coupon. Their web site also has coupons you can sign up for. We wish we lived closer; Makutu's is 25 minutes from our home, but we will be back!

1  Thank LuvAZTravel
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were invited for a birthday party for Prek age kids. This is a nearly three story indoor tree house with many small spaces, rope bridges and tunnels. Also has dark spaces which my children did not like, but they found other areas to go play in. It is difficult to keep an eye on the children from the ground, so we all went through it together. We all had fun climbing through, though some of the older children there would have pushed over my younger children had I not been present to say something to them.

The pizza served at the party was some of the best party pizza I have had. Did not taste like cheap party pizza.

Bottom line, this place is fun, but really better suited for older children.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

First of all, many parents I know will not take their kids there because of stories of accidents and the place being "unsafe". So it is hard to find people to go here with us. That being said, my son loves it. Lots of slides and climbing. You'll lose your kids at least once while they are in here, but they won't let them out the front door without you. They have pretty decent security up front, much better than Jambo Park. I didn't like taking my younger daughter here because she is too little to do a lot of the stuff. I think that 4 is a good age to let them come here. Otherwise you will have a 2-3 year old crying because they can't participate. I'd skip eating here. The food was not that good and the area is rich with restaurants that are much better.

1  Thank Rita M