“Serenity, Beauty and Comfort”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this lovely resort for a conference in June 2014. I came with some trepidation about the heat, which quickly dissipated on arrival. Although there were record temperatures of 105 degrees plus while visiting, my morning exercise time on the grounds and nature paths were pleasant. The room I stayed in was a long walk from the conference facility, but otherwise it was perfect. The energy of the place is calm and serene. The background music playing in the corridors is soothing Native American flute which creates a nice mood. Service is friendly and the food I enjoyed, both during banquets and on my own was a step up from other conference hotels I have experienced. As for conference facilities, this place rocks! Spacious and comfortable whether you are in the ballroom or a smaller seminar room. I'd vote to return for another conference here and would book and extra day to simply enjoy this beautiful place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the mountains, otherwise you might be looking at a parking lot. If you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased and grateful to hear the kind words to which you describe our property. At the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa we do our best to create the most serene environment so that our guests may fully relax during their visit. It thrills me to know you were able to take in our calming setting as well as the warm weather. I must say it is even sometimes difficult for Arizona natives to accept the heat, but somehow our resort just seems to be the perfect environment. I am also grateful to hear that you enjoyed our many dining outlets, and I know our cooks work proudly to create some of the most delectable treats. We are truly proud that you had a great experience with us and perhaps your next visit will not be business related and you will have more opportunities to enjoy all of our amenities.

Best regards,
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,562)

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We just spent 5 days at the resort for a conference. The hotel is beautifully located on a huge piece of land (not sure if it a reservation type area), that was originally inhabited by native Americans. The surroundings are remarkably serene and beautiful considering how close to the city and to a casino it is located. The trails throughout (I thin around 3 or 4 miles) allow for beautiful walks (go early this time of year - we had 100+ temps during the day).
Staff were super friendly; rooms very clean, and food in the lobby and cafe was very good. There is also a fine dining opportunity that I would have taken advantage of if I had not been on a work trip.
The conference rate was very reasonable - I'm not sure I would pay $260 - $500 to stay privately.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are grateful that you chose the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa for your conference and have enjoyed your time during your stay here. The resort is indeed built on the Gila River Indian Community and showcases the culture of the Pima & Maricopa tribes throughout the resorts detailed interior and exterior. The resort is in a great location that gives you that sanctuary feel without being too secluded from the city. We hope that you will return again on a leisure visit and can enjoy our amenities offered on property. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay with us.

Hotel Management

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This property feels like it's out in the middle of no where. But when you get out of the car, you'll instantly see and feel it's a great place to be. To a person, the staff was wonderful. I was especially impressed by Patricia, who worked the gift shop, who knew me by name the second time I walked in the door. Everyone was helpful, and genuinely warm and personable. My one hitch was that somehow I ended up in the "green" program wherein they don't straighten the room, replace toiletries, etc. I ended up getting some extra Starwood points, but I would have preferred the clean towels and extra lotions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view. I think they are even numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is always refreshing to hear that we at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass succeeded in helping yet another guest feel right at home with us. I have passed your kind words along to Patricia and she is most grateful. At a 500-room resort it is nearly impossible to remember every single guest especially since we have new guests everyday, but somehow Patricia is able to do just that and it's amazing to hear our guests recognize her just the same. On another note, it seems our Make A Green Choice program was not explained fully in detail - please allow me a moment to do so. When our guests choose to “go green” they are welcome to have anything in the room replenished, including towels, toiletries, even complimentary bottles of water, upon request only. The green option is a flag, more so, for housekeeping associates to not enter the room unless requested to do so. Again, my sincerest apologies this was not outlined during your stay I truly hope this small hiccup does not keep you from coming back. Thank you for all the lovely compliments we hope you return soon!

Director of Front Office

Reviewed June 2, 2014

There is really nothing to dislike about this place. Architecture superb, rooms excellent, all teh staf was outstanding, any small issue was instantaneously resolved, grounds expansive , wild and enjoyable to get you right in to the desert. They do it right. I went for a conference and I WILL return just to play and relax

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is our goal everyday to make sure that our guests not only have a great stay but a memorable one. It looks like we were able to succeed for you and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Reservations Supervisor

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous food, nice trail to hike and a really nice spa. This is close to the casino and the outlet mall. They offer a shuttle service to the casino. The staff was kind and everything was super clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. Your compliments are most kind and helpful for our resort. I am glad you were able to navigate around our facilities with ease as we do have a very large facility. Our staff works hard to ensure each of our guests’ depart with a new found sense of serenity and I am happy to see we have done that for you. We hope you return to our resort soon – we have more relaxation waiting for you!

Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is truly and wonderful experience. When you first enter the hotel you will be amazed by the beautiful Native American paintings on the high ceilings and the indoor waterfalls. We have had several meetings at this hotel and have put our company employees there during their stay. We have heard nothing but great reviews from all of them. This resort truly sits out by itself on Native American land, wide open spaces that make it a rare treat in such a large metro area. The restaurant Kai is the only 5 star restaurant in the state of Arizona and well worth the cost to try something way out of the ordinary. Be sure to try to get your room with a mountain golf course view and wake up at sunrise and sit on your patio, you will not believe what you will see. The beds are what I call, The Clouds, going to sleep will be your favorite part of the trip. Very clean hotel and the spa is also wonderful.
The hotel is surrounded my many walking trails in particular along the man made Gila River. Just wonderful to sit down and gather your thoughts.

Room Tip: Request the Mountain Golf Course view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay. From morning sunrises on your private patio, evening walks along the trail to gather your thoughts and an elegant dining experience in Kai , it truly sounds like you enjoyed your time while in residence. When your travels bring you back to Arizona, we look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing vacation. Thank you for joining us!
Kai Manager

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I came here Memorial Day weekend for 5 days with my daughter and my friend and her family. The property was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were also very clean and up to date. It seems like all the rooms have patios so that was a nice feature. The pools were great. I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't just one giant pool but that it was split into several smaller pools, hot tubs, a baby pool and a water slide. It made for a better pool experience for all. The sloping beach style pool edge was nice for little kids.

The whole resort never seemed over crowded at any time even though it was supposed to be a busy weekend for the hotel. We were able to easily get great seats at the pool and in the restaurant. The food at ko'sin restaurant was better than I expected and prices were very reasonable.

We got the kids eat free package and it was great. Really saved money each meal. And when we would add the $5 off coupon for not using housekeeping, it would make each of our meals really cheap.

I also really liked the free shuttle. We took it to the casino and to the outlets. Really convenient and cheap way to get off site.

The only issue is that certain things are inconsistent. If i asked two different people the same question, I'd get two different answers. I.e. at which restaurants does the kids eat free work? Also sometimes the gratuity would automatically be added to my bill and sometimes it wouldn't. Minor but still something that means we really had to check on stuff to ensure correct information.

All in all a great time at a great hotel. I'd come back for sure.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bananie13

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday stay with us and had great experiences while using the amenities we offer. We do apologize for the minor inconveniences you did experience and will make sure to address the inconsistencies with the appropriate team members to make sure we are delivering the proper information to our guests. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will choose our resort again for your next visit.
Hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!