“Very fun trip”

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very fun trip”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed here with my mom and two young daughters. The staff was very friendly and our room was clean. They even allowed us to switch rooms after the first night so we could have a view of the mountains. The girls loved the pool and the boat ride to Rawhide. My only complaint is that housekeeping was slow (room didn't get cleaned until late afternoon/early evening). Overall, we loved our stay and can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. The team takes great pride in providing first class service and we will share the stories of success with our staff. I do apologize for your room not being cleaned until early in the afternoon. Our focus is always set on getting our rooms cleaned in a timely manner while delivering a high quality product. We hope you will choose the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass for your next family getaway.
Housekeeping Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Korean first
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights as part of a conference for business, so my review will be primarily done from that perspective.

Check-in was efficient. We arrived very early in the day, but my room was already available and I received a nice upgrade.

The room itself was nicely decorated and of an adequate size, with a good sized bathroom. The walkout patio was a nice place to sit and relax. The bed was very comfortable.

Conference rooms were nicely laid out for our purposes. Food services provided were also very good.

If I had one large complaint, it's that the WIFI internet was absolutely horrible. That might not be too bad if here on vacation, but when travelling on business, having a good connection is rather important. There was no single connection throughout the property, and we needed to sign into different networks at different parts of the hotel. No matter where we were in the property, the connection was slow and very unstable. I gave up even trying to use it about half way through the second day, and just went back to data roaming on my phone.

Not only was the hotel WIFI bad, but there also seemed to be rather poor cellular coverage in the area. I could only get enough signal from my room to hold a call unless I was next to the open patio door. Makes me wonder what the building walls are made of.

So, other than unacceptable communication services, the rest of the stay was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay. We understand your need to stay connected and I'm sorry that your WIFI connectivity were not stable. While we own this challenge, we are currently going through a complete overhaul of our network infrastructure and are confident that will resolve all of our internet challenges. We hope that you can visit us soon to exceed your expectations.

Warmest Regards,

IT Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here on the second leg of my staycation, and wow...was I impressed. The staff was friendly upon check-in and answered all of my questions. The room was lovely. It had hand-painted artwork displayed on the walls, a comfortable leather chair, a handmade Indian blanket, and even cactus ribs on the sliding door valence. The lobby bar was wonderful, complete with a waterfall and river, live music, and plenty of seating. Even the Link@Sheraton was impressive, sporting a library and numerous workstations. I dined at Kai with my girlfriend and was blown away by the delicious food and friendly service. The food was authentic southwestern cuisine prepared with French flare including elk, lamb, quail, and even truffles. We also ate at Ko-sin which had a bountiful buffet complete with smoked salmon and smoked trout, capers, and even chipotle Hollandaise sauce that was made upon my request. The pool was excellent, although much too cold for me. But who needs to go in the pool when you are treated with wonderful views of the Gila River replica, the links and the wonderful Arizona sunsets. I loved this property, and I guarantee you will feel at one with nature when you come here

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face in an easterly direction, as you will be looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Here at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa we do our best to deliver a one of a kind experience to each of our guests. I would like to thank you for sharing your visit with us and I am pleased to hear we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. It is with great pride we incorporate the culture of our local Native American tribes at the resort and I am thrilled you were able to enjoy those aspects of our property. We hope you are able to return in the near future and thank you again for your lovely compliments.
Hotel Management
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Given the HUGE rating on Trip Advisor, I expected the most luxurious and amazing resort stay. It was fine, but not what I expected. Definitely beautiful and very nice, though.

I loved the bed, the dense amazing pillows, cleanliness of the room, the outdoor fire pit, Jeannie - who is a wonderful person working behind the bar and made me feel so welcomed, friendly front desk and phone staff. Loved having good coffee and a one-cup machine in the room. Breakfast staff was super friendly and smiley and the food was quite good. $26 for a good meal with coffee.

I do not like spending good money and having plastic Motel 6 cups wrapped in Saran Wrap in lieu of any regular glasses in the room. That makes me drop a star. So cheap. Especially because they're trying to get you to "go green" and forego housekeeping, yet they put four plastic cups in the room that are going to sit in a landfill for 1 million years. Wish that that there was a mini fitness center in the main bldg for a quick workout instead of hiking up to the spa.

Liked the hotel but will look for other options to see what's out there, though this place is perfectly fine (and would be even more so if they give you a glass for your water!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Wild Horse Pass, we greatly value your feedback. We are pleased to hear the mentions of positive results from the team’s hard work and dedication. It sounds as though you enjoyed the comfort of the room along with the resort surroundings. It will be shared with the team as a story of success while addressing those concerns as a platform to improve. We hope you will provide us the opportunity to advance upon the experience during a future stay.
Hotel Management
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The views from the lobby are amazing - watching the sunset over the pool is breath-taking. The drive in is long and winding and as long as you believe that you will find the hotel at the end of the road can be very tranquil...and yes, there is a hotel at the end of the road.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time around the hotel to enjoy the spa or the golfing (I'm a pretty bad golfer), but I did make it to the pool before sunset after the hike from my hotel room to the core of the property. Be forewarned, this is a massive property, you can easily get lost (though there is plenty of signage) but the other guests you run into equally as lost help you along your way whether you're headed to you room, one of the many restaurants on property or the pool deck.

My room was spacious and themed with the local decor. Nothing extraordinarily special and nothing particularly wrong - your typical Sheraton room with a Southwest motif.

All in all the next time I'm in the Phoenix area, I think I'll stay closer into the city, but the hotel property entrance is right off of the freeway making it easy to get to and from various Phoenix-area locations.

Room Tip: I believe a room with a lower number will get you closer to the core (lobby-area) of the hotel - try...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share details of your experience with future guests. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our setting and scenery. It sounds like you also enjoyed our guest rooms. We hope to have you back so that you may experience more of our resort, spa and golf offerings. Be well and we will see you again soon.

Front Desk Manager
akron, ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spent the weekend at a conference at the Wild Horse Pass. The resort is a newer property, very nice with great amenities and excellent service. Our room was on the second level with a nice balcony siiting area. We were able to watch the sun come while enjoying a cup of coffee each day. The resort has a great pool with very warm Jacuzzi's outside. A shuttle is available to the casino located about a mile away. I would not recommend walking to the casino, especially at night. I was very pleased with the venue & I will stay here in the future should I return to the Phoenix area for any reason. One added plus the western themed Rawhide attraction is located adjacent to the grounds of the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room with a balcony to watch the sun come up.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and kind words, as gestures like yours are the reason our staff goes above and beyond for each and every one of our guests. We are thrilled to have gained your loyalty and we are excited to become your new home away from home here in the Valley. I am glad to learn you were able to experience multiple attractions while staying with us, including the casino and Rawhide. It seems to me that a visit to the nearby Whirlwind golf course should be on the list for your next visit. Thank you again for sharing such excellent feedback and we anticipate your return with open arms.

Guest Services Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Was here for a business meeting, Rooms a clean and comfortable. The Hotel is set pretty far South of Phoenix, this is good news and bad news. The good news is that is a very scenic setting. Lots of outdoor venues, walking paths, etc. The bad news is that you have a long way to go should you want to shop or dine off premise. Outside of rush hour ii is a good 15-20 minute drive to the closest shopping or dining.

The internet access is very spotty and unreliable. Surprising for a modern hotel. One cannot count on it except for the most basic tasks like email

Room Tip: The hotel is a long sprawling building - be sure to know where your room is relative to the central...
1 Thank Tea_Meister
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. As IT Manager I hear your concerns and am sorry that your connectivity was not reliable during your stay. We have recently surveyed our entire property and are investing in making sure that we will provide excellent coverage throughout our resort. We hope to have you back soon to exceed your expectations.
IT Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!