“They now Charge a $20 per Day resort fee”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a nice Hotel and use to be one of my favorites in Chandler,AZ
I liked this hotel because they did not soak guests with a daily resort fee.
If you needed Internet access in your room you paid extra for it. wanted to use exercise equipment at the Spa you paid a extra fee for it.
Now however they have decided to charge a $20 per room per night resort fee that covers Internet in the room and use of exercise equipment at the Spa.
I don't want any of that stuff and don't appreciate the resort charging me for it.
If you can't offer those items included in your room rate then maybe you should have offered a value pack option that included them for a fee if the guest wanted them.
Charging all guests extra for something they may not even want is unacceptable to me and you lost my business in the future.
I know other resorts do this but that is what made you a little extra special because you respected your guests more than the normal Corporate greed mindset of the others.
You lost that by changing your policy. farewell.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JtravelAZ
SHeckathorne, Director of Sales at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Our daily $20 Resort Service Charge (tax excluded) became effective March 15, 2013. It is clearly noted on all reservation details. We are sorry to have lost your business over this change in our business policy. Every resort in the Phoenix/Scottsdale and most major markets have this same policy. We wish that a flat fee for a package of commonly used guest services: in-room high-speed internet, fitness center access, outside telephone calls, shuttle service to the Phoenix Premium Outlets, tennis court use and tennis racquet rental, was valuable to you. We normally succeed in meeting guest expectations and it is unfortunate that we were unable to meet yours on this occasion.

We wish you safe and pleasant journeys in the future.

Sincerely, Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed May 29, 2013

A conference took me to the beautiful Sheraton Wild Horse Pass resort. Reasonably close (by spread-out Phoenix standards) to the Sky Harbor airport, the hotel is in in Chandler Arizona and his hotel is just first rate. It is an enterprise of the Gila River Tribe and is very efficiently run by a very friendly and capable staff. I particularly enjoyed the Native American vibe in all the décor. The attention to the decorative detail is amazing and the look is beautiful. The hotel and conference is located on the banks of the Gila River, quite a unique situation in the desert. As a result the bird life is quite diverse and plentiful (some desert birds are not all that melodious but very interesting. There are multiple swimming pools and at least three hot tubs. Two very nice restaurants on the hotel proper and a poolside café for lunch. The beautiful glass fronted atrium overlooks some amazing sunsets over very picturesque mountains in the distance. Sheraton beds I have experienced are very comfortable and this one is no exception.There is a full service spa although I did not get to test out its services (this time). If you are looking for a convention or conference spot the facility is quite large and beautiful. It is attached to the hotel. About two miles down the road is another hotel, connected to the obligatory reservation casino. There is a shuttle from the hotel to the casino but I never had the desire to leave in my all too short three days on-site. My room, and I think probably all rooms had a private deck. Oh and there is a great golf course as well. I met a visitor from Australia who claimed the course is a great one. He was there for a golf clinic and having a great time. I really do want to go again although probably in a cooler season. But even at over 100 degrees during the daytime, the cooler nights are delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for your glowing and beautifully written review. We are always so happy to hear that a guest enjoyed our staff, our dining options and our setting.
We hope that you will return and take the chance to try out our beautiful Aji Spa next time. We hope you can stay even longer next time.
Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Conference facilities were nice with lots of room & AV equipment. Hotel rooms were also good. I found the staff very helpful and polite. Was staying at the conference rate, so seemed like a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope that your conference experience was productive and that many lasting memories were made during your time in Arizona.

We appreciate your positive review and recommendation. Please come see us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was here for a conference and I'll grant you its a nice place that is kept clean, and has nice desert scenery. But for the money, the room was too small, the remote for the TV worked at a very short distance and the AC was very loud. I don't get why you'd build a place that forces you to go upstairs and downstairs again to get from one side of the property (second room from the farthest away from the lobby) to the conference center. And that distance takes about 7 minutes of very fast walking through twists and turns that aren't well signed. A nice place but just nothing any more special than other places I've stayed in Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and California. It was more expensive though, including "their" car service for $50 to the airport. I took Supershuttle for $22 instead.

2  Thank Tom H
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. We work hard to ensure that our guests’ experience at our resort is flawless and we regret that we missed this mark during your visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We believe that feedback is a powerful tool and appreciate that you have provided us with yours.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I'm concluding an unspectacular three day business stay at this so called "5 star resort". I paid $10,000 to sponsor a small conference here which included breakfast, lunches and meeting facilities. I also paid separately for rooms, food, beverage for me and two of my associates. To say that this staff is uncaring, untrained, unresponsive and aloof is an understatement. Tonight took the cake. I tried to have dinner at the bar in Kai, their 5 star-5 diamond restaurant. I am alone and wanted to relax with a drink and enjoy the dinner. I was told by the early 20 something host that they are a sophisticated upscale restaurant and that if I wanted bar service I could get a hamburger at the lobby bar on the first level. What???? I guess I'm unsophisticated and should confine my dining to hamburger joints. I then went outside to catch a shuttle to Shula's restaurant at the adjacent casino hotel. The shuttle supposedly runs every 15 minutes. After waiting in 90 degree heat for 35 minutes I gave up and did go down to the lobby bar. Once there I sat at the bar and asked if I could order off the adjacent Ko'Sin restaurant menu instead of being limited to the burger. I was told by the 20 something bartender, no again. I then complained about the lack of responsiveness to service here and at Kai and she stated" we are an exclusive resort and have certain rules that customers must follow. The rules are designed to give our customers more enjoyment. Would you like some bar snacks?" This occurred as a group with 4 kids under the age of 10 are sitting in the bar. What? I feel I am in the twilight zone and will never return to this hotel! Do yourself a favor and go to the Arizona Biltmore, the Fairmont or Scottsdale Princess where they know the value of a customer. Skip this one!

9  Thank Daniel D
SHeckathorne, Director of Restaurants & Bars at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry for the impression you have of our resort. It is never our intention to come across rude or unresponsive to your needs. We take a great deal of pride in the level of service we strive to deliver and your experience is not typical. There seemed to be many opportunities where we could have communicated our policies in a much better manner and even provided the solutions that could have enhanced your stay. We do reserve the Kai Lounge for those guests with dinner reservations to preserve their experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and have spoken with the arrival staff about how to properly communicate this and the other dining options on property. We would appreciate the opportunity to have you return and give us the chance to change your opinion of our property and our ultimate concern for our guests.

Director of Restaurants & Bars

Reviewed May 15, 2013

After having dinner at the Lobby Bar, we left my daughter's sweater. We called right away and were told it had been found and we could return to pick it up. Upon returning a friendly staff member asked for a name but no description of the sweater. 20 min later was told housekeeping on the way with sweater. But then, 45 min after arrival, told they couldn't find the sweater but that a supervisor would be contacted. No such supervisor ever came to speak with me After more than an hour, several staff members who had been loitering around the lobby left. After over an hour And 15 min, I finally left. Unless they make good on my wasted time, they've just lost a regular customer.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Hrump
SHeckathorne, Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the feedback you provided about the challenges experienced while trying to retrieve your lost item. Our number one priority is to ensure a stress-free stay, while you are at our resort. We obvioulsy failed to do that for you and we are so sorry. We are working to gather more information regarding this particular opportunity. We will share this story with our team and hold accountable those who did not deliver on our promises.

Moises Perales

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I took my wife to Kia Restaurant at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa in Chandler, AZ for her birthday. This restaurant is truly one of the finest restaurants we've ever dined at from Hawaii eastward through Europe as well as South America. The food was elegantly prepared, the ambience was all one could have hoped for, admiring the sun setting behind the mountains was scintillating and, above all, the service was impeccable. Our primary server was Jeremy Stulak whose knowledge of the Pima Indians, natives of the area, was most interesting to hear. As we departed Kia our auto was waiting curbside and inside were chocolates for each of us, bottles of cool mineral water and a lovely, hand-written thank you note from Jeremy on a lovely notecard featuring an amazing water-based painting done by the gifted artist Mike Medicine Horse Zillioux.

Kia was an experience we'll never forget.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
SHeckathorne, Kai Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time share your experience at the Kai Restaurant at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa in Chandler. We are delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our ambiance and service! We hope your travels bring you back to our desert oasis again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Kai Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Hilton Phoenix Chandler
#4 of 34 in Chandler
Best Westerrn Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!