My partner was attending a conference at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa near Phoenix recently, and I had the good fortune to go along and enjoy the Arizona sunshine. This place is absolutely awesome, from the architecture that blends in perfectly with its surroundings, to its stunning desert landscaping and first-rate service. It's a short distance south of Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, surrounded by incredible desert.
We had a first-floor room with a patio perfect for relaxing in the morning and evening, listening to the desert birds. The incredible pool - complete with bar/cafe - was nearby, huge and well-stocked with towels and attendants ready to help with any request.
The resort included several dining options, including the 5-star Kai restaurant. We didn't have a chance to dine there, but reviews are outstanding. Everything we did have, from room service to the delicious "desert quiche" from the Starbucks in the lobby, was perfect.
The room was spacious, including the bathroom with a soaking tub and roomy glass shower. And, I actually spent my first ever "spa day" at the resort's Aji Spa. I have to say, I get it. The treatments are all based on Native American elements and amazingly relaxing!
The resort also includes an (apparently) outstanding golf course (I don't play) and an 2.5 mile interpretive desert trail that's not to be missed. There's also a casino nearby (we didn't make it to the casino) and a Premiere outlet mall very close by (which we did manage to hit).
My only complaint would be the daily charge for wi-fi. These days, this is almost a requirement for hotels.
Overall, the place was fantastic and I would highly recommend it for any visit to the Phoenix area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass is located in the Sonoran Desert on an expanse of rugged Arizona landscape where the ancient vistas, mountains, and roaming wild horses remain untouched. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler
- Sheraton Chandler
- Chandler Sheraton
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort And Spa