“Attention to Detail”

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Chandler
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were a nice size and we had a terrific view of the river running through the property. The attention to detail and the design of the hotel are in step with most of the other resorts in the Phoenix area. Though it may slightly lack in the scale of some of the really high end resorts out there, the stay was wonderful. The service, the bed, the ambiance- all A+.

We were lucky enough to experience the simply outstanding restaurant, Kai. Everyone in our party asked if it deserved all four of the diamonds that AAA has given them. Indeed. The service was impeccable. Most of the food was grown on the reservation and the explanation of the local menu items was a huge plus.

I had the best message of my life here, so if you like a massage… this place is a winner

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thickoozymud
Write a ReviewReviews (1,574)

Reviewed April 28, 2008

Great deal through Hotwire- look up 4 star resorts- this is the only one in Chandler - so you can book it without knowing the hotel name and save a bundle - we stayed for $215.00 - over 1$120 below website prices for the same time/room. The staff is the best I have ever had at a resort!!! everyone is friendly, helpful and goes the extra mile to learn your name, preferences etc.- One night a staffer actually walked up to my 6 year old and asked him if he missed smores time that night- when he nodded that he did- she went in the kitchen- got him his own smores ingredients and he made them over the outdoor firepit !- It was great! Boat ride to Rawhide was fun- and restaurant at Rawhide was delicious ( we also stayed at Westin Kierland this trip, and while it was nice- the service here was second to none!) the pool area was beautiful - so many choices, and my son loved the waterslide ! Free Friday ice cream was a hit , as were the daytime pool games for kids - would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank njisgreat
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Came to Wild Horse Pass April 16-21 for the first time with my wife through the Bird Gold Academy located at the on-property course and we had a terrific vacation.

Twice before we had stayed at Phoenix area resorts and this was our favorite so far.

On the plus side, this Native American themed resort is handsome, comfortable and filled with impeccably friendly, well-trained staff.

We attended golf school for three days on-site (Bird Golf through whom we booked) and stayed an extra three days...a fantastic experience. The Aji Spa was exceptional. Simply the best. Finally the five diamond restaurant Kai was among the finest dining experiences in memory. We live halfway in between New York and Philadelphia and get to enjoy some fabulous restaurants. Kai holds its own with any.

So we did not have to leave the resort f(although we did and it is right off I-10 so very convenient) for golf, spa, fine or casual dining and even horseback riding which was a blast.

The only small negative was the room was definitely smaller than the others we stayed in (casita at Wigwam, and Marriott Camelback Inn) and those had more in room amenities.

However, we are active people and spend scant little time in the room during vacation so as long as it was first rate, clean and comfortable...which it was, we are fine.

We would definitely come back her.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John_S_2004
Reviewed April 19, 2008

My family accompanied me on a business meeting held at the Sheraton. After reading the reviews before arrival, I expected much more than what we experienced. Upon check in, the valet driver was all set to take my auto away for $25? per night until I asked him if there is any self park. There was, so I did so with no issues. The check in was pleasant, but the lobby is not that welcoming, having only a few couches and dominated by the view of the golf course, while beautiful, there was not many places to gather.
We ate at the highly rated restaurant, which was over priced, but superb service. I had the bison steak.
The pool was nice, the water slide was fun. However, the pool side bar was terrible, I asked for a mai -tai, then a pina colada, both tasted bad, which I did not drink. The bartender was advised and credited the drinks, which was ok, but not what you would expect from a 4 star resort.
As for the room accomodations, they were dark,dingy and in need of repair. The place had a cheap feel to it, like the carpets had no cushion or something under your feet. The TV remote, safe did not work and the Bath had hardware issues.But Housekeeping did a great job.
The spa on site---excellent, up to expectations!
We enjoyed horseback riding at the stable on site, it was very enjoyable. We saw owls, coyote, jack rabbit and other birds during the 1.5 hour ride.
After check out, they did not record my Starwood number to get full credit on my rooms, which turned into a hassle to get credit a few weeks afterward.They finally added the stay to my account.
Overall, I would not return to this hotel, they missed lot of things and made me feel like they were doing me a favor being a guest.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank chuckawala
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We just got back from a visit to Arizona on spring break with a stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort.
Good: great location, close to airport, eating and Chase Field(we were there to see the Diamondbacks) Very peaceful and relaxing place. Great pool area with a place to eat and have drinks. Thanks to the bartender- very nice guy. Starbucks in lobby. Very helpful and friendly staff.
Not So Good: Very expensive- rooms were 300.00 and up and no more space than a regular motel room. Food and even Starbucks coffee- very expensive. But I guess you should expect this out of a resort.

All in all, the experience was good. If you are going on vacation you should go and not have to worry about how much things are.

Did not visit the spa or any other restaurants other than at the pool or lobby coffee bar.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank BaseballMom3
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I recently got back from my 2nd near perfect stay at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. The location isn't going to be for everyone; we happen to like being a little bit out of the way so this works for us.

The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. The grounds are well maintained and there are tons of walking trails. My fiance enjoys going over the the small casino; I prefer going to the spa! I had a great massage and facial during my last visit. It was expensive, but the quality of the service and the facilities make it worth every penny.

We had breakfast several times at their standard, 3 meal-a-day restaurant, Ko'Sin. It was FABULOUS. Try the griddled pancakes. You won't be sorry.

On our last visit we splurged and had dinner at Kai. This was stellar. From the drinks at the bar, to the service, to the food, it was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vastephl
Reviewed March 31, 2008

This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in here in North America. Spring Training baseball was what brought me to Phoenix, and although Sheraton Wild Horses was not real close to any ballparks, it was not too far of a drive either. After a long day in the sun it was nice to come back and relax in this beautiful hotel. I was able to take advantage of a sale I found on the web, and only paid about one-third the normal price. Otherwise this hotel would have been far more expensive than I would have been capable of paying. It seems that Sheraton advertises discounts at their hotels and resorts every so often, so I will be on the lookout to return to this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino
Hyatt Place Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center
Best Western Plus Chandler Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
#79 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!