“Beautiful Setting, peaceful oasis.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass

Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Chandler
Indianapolis IN
“Beautiful Setting, peaceful oasis.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay for Fall break. The weather was cooler than we had anticipated, so the pools were really too cold to enjoy. That didn't stop us from sitting poolside and enjoying the lovely setting. Upon arrival we were upgraded to SPG room -by Linda (who truly is an asset to this hotel, lovely lady) The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable. We enjoyed Kosin 3 different times and the food was delicious. Brandon was a wonderful server and went out of his way to explain the food and their preparations. We went horseback riding on site and had a very good ride with Chuck and Sylvia. My only complaint would be the pool service; it was unreliable, our orders were not delivered in a timely manner. It's too bad there isn't table tennis or pool for kids. Our kids did enjoy playing on the computers in the Link Cafe. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The Artwork all throughout the resort was gorgeous and very unique!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravellerLH13
SHeckathorne, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for electing to stay with us during your Fall break. We know that there are many excellent resorts around the valley and we are honored that you chose Sheraton Wild Horse Pass as your destination.

I will be sure to pass along your kudus to Linda and Brandon. They will be comforted to know that they had a positive impact on your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to our home again.

Stephanie Sanstead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Korean first
Powder Springs, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent four days here at a small convention. Brought my wife. While I worked she spent a day at the AJI Spa and loved it. Nice rooms..small but comfortable. Beautiful hotel and the views of the surrounding undeveloped desert are terrific. We really enjoyed the walking trails that meander throughout the area around the hotel. The pool area was also very nice with lots of comfortable chairs with cabana service of food and drinks from the outside bar/restaurant.
One beef is that the workout facility was in the AJI spa and they charged $20 per day or $45 for a week if you wanted to use it.
Only regret is that we did not get to try KAI restaurant, which gets great reviews. But there are plenty of good restaurants just a mile or two off the property on Chandler Blvd and elsewhere. We did get venture over to eat at the Asian restaurant in the Wild Horse Pass Casino, which is a couple of miles away on the same property. Very good food and pretty cheap to boot. There is a shuttle that runs all the time to take you back and forth from the resort to the casino.
Overall, a very good experience.

philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The resort is quite far off of the major road, but once you arrive, you are treated to a nice hotel. The grounds are enormous with golf courses, spa, equestrian center, casino, and a western town (not my cup of tea, but could be fun for some). The grounds provided nice paths for running several miles. Self-parking is free, but can be a bit of a hike to rooms on the other side of the hotel away from the parking lot. There are several pools, waterways, coffee shop, and other food options. The food delivery was prompt and good. The rooms are large with a flat screen TV, comfortable bed, desk, and balcony. The alarm also charges iPods and iPhones. There was a little wear and tear on some room features, but nothing that affected the stay. Internet access is not free and is $12.95 for 24 hours. Overall, this is a nice place to stay in the Chandler area.

Room Tip: Starwood Preferred guests get rooms with better views.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Attended a business meeting here in October 2012. Beatiful grounds. Didn't get a chance to use pool or golf course, but both looked very nice. Check in relatively efficient, even though crowded at the time by the meeting attendees. Very friendly staff. Hotel grounds are spread out and there can be a great deal of walking around. I stayed in the Maricopa wing which was a long hike to the conference facilities.

Tried the fitness room/spa. Plenty of exercise equipment, but $20 for a day pass was stiff. Also a hike from my room. Free parking. We had free wifi/internet included with our meeting package. Didn't dine at the resort; the restaurants looked nice but food was very pricey. Pretty good food at the meeting, though.

Room was clean and comfortable. Good AC. Very comfy bed. Large bathroom with separate tub and smallish shower stall. Good selection of TV channels. Option of skipping maid service for which they reward you with a $5 dining voucher or extra SPG points.

Room Tip: Pima wing closer to conference center and spa/fitness facilities. Maricopa wing seemed quieter.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Whenever I visit family in the Phoenix area, I like to divide my stay into 2 themes - peaceful, and fun/urban. For the peaceful and relaxing portion of my stay, the Sheraton Wild Horse has become my favorite hotel option. The hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere. You drive down a meandering desert path to get there, and as you look out from your room or the pool, you see nothing but the mountains, golf course, and desert. The native american themed music piped through the hotel is very calming. The pool always has plenty of room, and the poolside food and staff were both excellent. I call this place "forced relaxation" since there is really nothing to do but sit by the pool, go to the spa, take a nap, or eat/drink! I highly recommend the spa - it's pricey, but well worth it.

During this particular trip, we chose to dine one night at Kai, the 5 diamond restaurant in the hotel. While it was extremely expensive, it was one of the most memorable dining experiences I have ever had. Fantastic food, impecable service, great atmosphere.

The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel a full 5 star rating is that I think they need to do more in terms of pest/insect control. On one stay, we saw a large cockroach climbing up the wall near the inside bar. The back doors to the hotel had been open due to the nice weather - perhaps it came in from the desert? My Mom stayed here once, and saw a scorpion in her room (I've heard they are very difficult to control though - they can even come in through the plumbing, and can't be exterminated). Finally, in my most recent stay, there was a cricket chirping in my room near the door. I found it and flushed it, and then I heard chirping again - turns out, there must have been a small nest or something behind the wood molding bordering the floor. We put a towel over it to sheild the noise. Bottom line though, the hotel is in the midst of the desert in a fairly rural area - I think bugs are just a way of life. This would not keep me from staying here again.

In summary, I would highly recommend staying at the Wilde Horse and taking advantage of their dining, pool area, and spa. You will leave happy and relaxed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for naming Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort as your chosen destination in Phoenix for “peaceful relaxation.” We aim to provide a tranquil environment for our guests and are pleased that we have achieved this sense for you.

It is unfortunate news that you experienced a few pests while visiting our resort. There is no excuse for these occurrences and we apologize that you encountered this during your stay. We continuously take action to ensure the unwelcome visitors are not in our home and are truly sorry that we missed the mark during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

Please come see us again.

Stephanie Sanstead
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here quite a while ago and apparently forgot to write a review, which is ironic considering this was probably my most enjoyable hotel stay ever.

This is a gorgeous hotel. As another reviewer noted, the Native American music playing softly in the lobby/open 2-story main area of the hotel is so relaxing. The hotel and its rooms showcase architectural design and decor that manages to look both upscale and neutral while also tastefully incorporating elements of the local Native American culture. The result is an atmosphere that feels warm, inviting, peaceful and unique. My bathroom was spacious and beautiful and I loved the wood floor leading into my room, as well as my private balcony. Staff were top-notch, friendly and helpful. As an East Coast native, I fell in love with the beautiful desert landscape around the hotel, and thoroughly enjoyed the desert walking trail (AKA the "interpretive hiking trail" - not really hiking, it's a nice easy walk) that winds around the property. The trail includes signage at several points to teach you about the area and its cultural significance. I didn't get a chance to check out the spa, but heard several positive comments about it from others. Food at the resort is outstanding; I ate at Ko'Sin and Kai, and also attended a meeting catered by the hotel, and everything was delicious - as with the design and decor, the hotel restaurants incorporate many local cuisine elements into the food, while also offering standard resort fare. I was here for a conference, and the conference facilities are outstanding (though I do remember the rooms being quite chilly). The layout is a bit of a labyrinth when it comes to accessing some guest rooms, and mine was quite a long walk (15 minutes?) away from the conference area, but as I enjoy walking, this was not an issue - and I found the unique layout to be more interesting than that of a standard hotel. If you're here on vacation and/or have children in tow, I'd recommend asking for a room that's closer to the main parts of the hotel.

I loved this hotel and really hope I have a chance to come back again - it's a truly wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look out on the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times while attending the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving. The location couldn't be any more perfect for attending the school, and the accommodations are excellent. The rooms are clean and tidy, the food is excellent, and there are many things to do.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandler
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass? Share your experiences!